Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9361  
Old 04-08-2012, 02:55
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPrank View Post
I'm happy to see that some guy comes from other country would help us vietnamese people with such great enthusiasm. And pls, do not speak english with ce430. He seems to be a beginner in English. Let us do the explaining job for him, it'd better be that way.
What made you think I was a foreigner ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMai View Post
FYI, he is just another viet guy like all of us here, and why exclude him? We all started as beginners didnt we?
Darn you ! You could have let me enjoy his flattery for a bit more !
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9362  
Old 04-08-2012, 03:29
tranhieuamg's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2009
Posts: 2,914
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
What made you think I was a foreigner ?

Darn you ! You could have let me enjoy his flattery for a bit more !
and what made you think he was referring to you?
__________________
wandering beyond the realm of reality
Reply With Quote
  #9363  
Old 04-08-2012, 03:31
Coming-soon's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 45
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieuamg View Post
nah, I was speaking from my own exp. was taken aback a bit when reality dawned on me but native folks do use them interchangeably in everyday conversation, unless those I spoke to didn't manage to finish elementary degree. written english is another story though, but that's not what the guy was asking.

on another note, your 'footing' example is irrelevant~~
Here, comes again "experience"...
I won't be questioning you about your exp with the native speaking guys.

But I utterly disagree with you over the declaration highlighted in the quote tag.
Say, it was your personal supposition, (which you seemed overconfident about).
And please don't involve the (innocent) natives in this soup. It seems to me that you were just trying to pick fight with me by persisting with a conflicting, incorrect usage. Or in some case, to seek attention miserably by going against the flow. Hopefully, you didn't.

And ya, I admit.. Writing is far different from Speaking in English usage. But please keep in mind that Writing lang, without further controversy, must be officially the standard language as well as the pattern for other forms of language involving Speaking. We may find it pretty formal or formulaic to hear Writing lang in daily speech but it is for sure, byfar more ridiculous to hear Speaking lang in a formal context..

btw, I'd devided the explantion into two parts by an adequate blank space.
the asker could examine the below for further explanation in case of need. Because I was being aware of the matter (the asker's level) right from the begining. Your notation must have been unnecessary. I'm so sorry!!

Why not relevant? did you notice that I was giving an example of the distinction between "to make sense" and "to be grammatically correct"...??
If you wish more. Here's another e.g which is seemingly better sticking to the subject.
"Stop it, I know who you are" or "Stop it, I know who are you".
Now, I betcha any of the natives would sneer at you if they hear the 2.. Just like this emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
you still haven't answered my inquiry about your gender and the bra!
ttthe..the woman in the e.g is.. My wife.
Reply With Quote
  #9364  
Old 04-08-2012, 03:35
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2011
Posts: 215
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieuamg View Post
and what made you think he was referring to you?
So much win!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9365  
Old 04-08-2012, 03:54
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieuamg View Post
and what made you think he was referring to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal_veno View Post
So much win!!!!
Who did he quote then answer ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming-soon View Post
ttthe..the woman in the e.g is.. My wife.
Let my action speak for myself! Geezz, how did you even manage to get married ?
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9366  
Old 04-08-2012, 08:18
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

my FedEX he won after long tired match against Potro !
__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #9367  
Old 04-08-2012, 08:40
Chilln's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 2,197
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post

Let my action speak for myself! Geezz, how did you even manage to get married ?
[IMG]http://robinbrown.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/double-facepalm1.jpg[/IMG
What is going on here?
__________________
It's been so long the Sun hasn't risen, the Birds see no sunshine
It's been a while Autumn hasn't come, only Winter with my hands are numbed.
Reply With Quote
  #9368  
Old 04-08-2012, 08:44
beautifu.l.ife's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 39
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPrank View Post
I'm happy to see that some guy comes from other country would help us vietnamese people with such great enthusiasm. And pls, do not speak english with ce430. He seems to be a beginner in English. Let us do the explaining job for him, it'd better be that way.
__________________
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]Life is as if rowing a boat against the water flow, if you don't[/SIZE] [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"][B]advance[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR], [SIZE="2"]you will lag[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"][I]behind[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9369  
Old 04-08-2012, 09:45
Member
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 31
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilln View Post
well, actually I never had a chance to talk to her, or I was too shy to grab that chance. It was kinda me watching her from distance... you know, forever alone, they said.

I'm not following that show 'cus I don't want to watch her perfomance, it recalls something I would not like to receive... but deep in my heart, I support her by every step.
it's too bad bro
but I think she will go far in this show
and now I understand why u call it secret
but does she know you?
Reply With Quote
  #9370  
Old 04-08-2012, 09:57
Junior Member
Join Date: 07-2012
Posts: 1
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

good luck for you and good bye.
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 16:46.