Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9351  
Old 03-08-2012, 14:18
tranhieuamg's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2009
Posts: 2,914
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming-soon View Post
Couldn't ever think you could make an 'unconvincing' answer as this. you may have been confused "to make sense" with "to be grammatically correct"
because there're many usages that make sense despite being considered as "incorrect" in grammar use. e.g. I can understand "I went to pick up Danny at the station by foot". "on foot" would be the correct collocation instead. though.

From my experience, I strongly believe that no native speakers would put it that way. The conception that they understand a certain usage has nothing to do with language gramma at all.



Nothing's difficult to understand. For those who could make such an out-of-imagination statement.



hanging the rebels.
Coming-soon
nah, I was speaking from my own exp. was taken aback a bit when reality dawned on me but native folks do use them interchangeably in everyday conversation, unless those I spoke to didn't manage to finish elementary degree. written english is another story though, but that's not what the guy was asking.

on another note, your 'footing' example is irrelevant~~
__________________
wandering beyond the realm of reality
Reply With Quote
  #9352  
Old 03-08-2012, 14:32
Member
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 31
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilln View Post
The girl who sang Masquerade in Tran Lap's team. Maybe she has a boyfriend now...
wow, really? she looks pretty great and has a wonderful voice
do you keep contact with her recently?
Reply With Quote
  #9353  
Old 03-08-2012, 14:48
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ce430 View Post
I can translate Eng to Vnese not bad, but I convert from Vnese to Eng is very bad.
"I could do English-Vietnamese translation pretty well but the real problem lies in the opposite direction."
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusangel View Post
"You are a booking manager of a hotel. You have made a mistake that booking the same conference room in the same day and time for two companies. Few days before the conference, you discoverd this mistake. The problem is both companies don't want to change the room or the day.
What would you do? Write an email to the companies to offer your solutionn."
You haven't mentioned anything about additional compensation. If the room in argument is not equipped with certain devices, adequate bonus could usually persuade your client. If it still doesn't go well, you have to choose to cancel the client causing the least damage and draw up a plan to cover that. In addition, you still have to consider resignation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming-soon View Post
But not so much as what I was going to bombard with the explantion..
actually I am a literate..and a non-stop talkative also. trust me! guy, I could speak all day
As for the explanation as you brought up. I'd describe it as "thorough explanation" rather than "long - wordy explanation" You may want to 'google' and see how people explain why 1 plus 1 equals 2. I bet you'd go puzzled questioning "why do these people make a great effort to examine such an obviously simple subject"
Just like me. I sometimes would wish to work on analysis a bit more further of how something works/operates like the funcions of a word, why women have no beards? yea. I confess it makes people feel odd/queer from time to time..

Coming-soon
People do not normally explore problems without any condition and caution; hence, they usually separate the task into stages or levels. For instance, toddler learns to crawl before they can walk; pupils learns to add before they could multiply.

Furthermore, for one intended goal, there might exist several routes of explanation. For example, I learnt addition in primary school by counting sticks and fingers whereas an international friend of mine completed the task with apples and pears.

Therefore, what I wanted to state is that your take was rather excessive. The bonus part might come off as an insightful contribution for advanced speakers but given the formation of the question, it might overwhelm and confuse a beginner.

But hey, nice contribution still!

And you still haven't answered my inquiry about your gender and the bra!
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9354  
Old 03-08-2012, 16:37
Junior Member
Join Date: 03-2012
Posts: 5
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumbantia2012 View Post
welcome mate relax and show yourself to us :">
her her. Show off his/or herself
Reply With Quote
  #9355  
Old 03-08-2012, 23:27
K.I.A
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 14
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ce430 View Post
I can translate Eng to Vnese not bad, but I convert from Vnese to Eng is very bad. //mấy bro quote lại fix lỗi giúp e đc ko, sr viết tiếng việt
uppppppppppppp
Reply With Quote
  #9356  
Old 03-08-2012, 23:28
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ce430 View Post
uppppppppppppp
Check my post on the last page please.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9357  
Old 04-08-2012, 00:17
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2012
Posts: 125
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ce430 View Post
I can translate Eng to Vnese not bad, but I convert from Vnese to Eng is very bad. //mấy bro quote lại fix lỗi giúp e đc ko, sr viết tiếng việt
Dễ thôi.
I can translate English to Vietnamese pretty well, but I am very bad at converting Vietnamese to English.
Reply With Quote
  #9358  
Old 04-08-2012, 00:22
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2012
Posts: 125
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Check my post on the last page please.
I'm happy to see that some guy comes from other country would help us vietnamese people with such great enthusiasm. And pls, do not speak english with ce430. He seems to be a beginner in English. Let us do the explaining job for him, it'd better be that way.
Reply With Quote
  #9359  
Old 04-08-2012, 00:40
AndyMai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 629
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPrank View Post
I'm happy to see that some guy comes from other country would help us vietnamese people with such great enthusiasm. And pls, do not speak english with ce430. He seems to be a beginner in English. Let us do the explaining job for him, it'd better be that way.
FYI, he is just another viet guy like all of us here, and why exclude him? We all started as beginners didnt we?
__________________
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]hakuna matata[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9360  
Old 04-08-2012, 01:31
Chilln's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 2,197
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrloyal1005 View Post
wow, really? she looks pretty great and has a wonderful voice
do you keep contact with her recently?
well, actually I never had a chance to talk to her, or I was too shy to grab that chance. It was kinda me watching her from distance... you know, forever alone, they said.

I'm not following that show 'cus I don't want to watch her perfomance, it recalls something I would not like to receive... but deep in my heart, I support her by every step.
__________________
It's been so long the Sun hasn't risen, the Birds see no sunshine
It's been a while Autumn hasn't come, only Winter with my hands are numbed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 17:45.