Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9311  
Old 02-08-2012, 09:19
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnzhugeliang View Post
Can I write Vietnamese at there?
No, english only, or you will be banned immediately
__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #9312  
Old 02-08-2012, 09:55
Chilln's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 2,197
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Yesterday I realized that my first (secret) love was in the show The Voice. She looks more beautiful since the last time I saw her.
__________________
It's been so long the Sun hasn't risen, the Birds see no sunshine
It's been a while Autumn hasn't come, only Winter with my hands are numbed.
Reply With Quote
  #9313  
Old 02-08-2012, 10:55
Choxin1ve's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 252
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
"Mid-lel management and operation risk management skills"
"Operation risk management" or "operational risk management" ??
__________________
[COLOR="Blue"]Fap fap fap fap fap _______[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9314  
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41
Member
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 31
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilln View Post
Yesterday I realized that my first (secret) love was in the show The Voice. She looks more beautiful since the last time I saw her.
Who is she? Which team?
Reply With Quote
  #9315  
Old 02-08-2012, 13:18
beautifu.l.ife's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 39
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilln View Post
Yesterday I realized that my first (secret) love was in the show The Voice. She looks more beautiful since the last time I saw her.
you're happier than me. When i realized my first love, she got married and has a son. we just looked at each other and there was no words at all
__________________
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]Life is as if rowing a boat against the water flow, if you don't[/SIZE] [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"][B]advance[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR], [SIZE="2"]you will lag[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"][I]behind[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9316  
Old 02-08-2012, 13:48
Coming-soon's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 45
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieuamg View Post
for casual conversations people dont often put 'in the past' after 'used to', it sounds weird and out of place as 'used to' already indicates the aforementioned action already happened and finished in the past.

that being said, it's like saying 'she quit being a nurse in the past', which is messed up, since she already stopped being a nurse already and everyone knows that that change-of-state-of-being-a-nurse finished way before the subject is brought up.

if my memory serves me well they do use that kind of wording in literature, old classic novels probably. remember reading stuff like that somewhere long ago but not entirely sure since classic english novels are not my cup of tea. they wrecked my brain even before I turned the page.
Excellent backup! mate I'd call the abuse of the phrase within a sentence which is already put in the past tense (in daily speech) as "duplicated structure". It is, I surmise, both wordy and illogical.

I myself wouldn't use "in-the-past" so much in casual speech and writing, either. Except when saying something like: "I'd got bitten by his bulldog over 15 times 'in the past' 2 moths'. The three-word phrase has now more or less given way to many various terms like: long ago, years ago..etc And some more tructures used in particular contexts as: from/in the childhood (refering to children) or in her/his young age (refering to the youth).

Since I'm talking too much over the "duplicated structure" I'm gonna give some thought about the words in bold in the quotation box. Could it have been as I considered it have been?? "unintentionally doulbled" or just "stammering"?? For god! I can't love a stutterer.
Reply With Quote
  #9317  
Old 02-08-2012, 14:29
Coming-soon's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 45
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Do not hide behind your laziness mate ! Every major publisher has their own simplified or reader-friendly edition of classic literature available on shelves . Admittedly it does take a few tries to get around ... your first novel . Even now I don't understand what drove me to finish "War and Peace" the first time .
1. did you mean to use "laziness" as an adj?
2. I think you mean get around to...

Quote:
I'm not a solid grammar expert. Therefore, I apologise if I didn't make myself clear enough to you.
haha.. no worries, I have no doubt about your comprehension of English. I did understand it after I worked out on it a little..
You're right! We. People, are all human beings and we all make mistakes. That's why we are always learning and practice would make perfect. don't ever let others pass that unconfidence along to you.

Best regard.
Coming-soon
Reply With Quote
  #9318  
Old 02-08-2012, 14:32
Chilln's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 2,197
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrloyal1005 View Post
Who is she? Which team?
The girl who sang Masquerade in Tran Lap's team. Maybe she has a boyfriend now...
__________________
It's been so long the Sun hasn't risen, the Birds see no sunshine
It's been a while Autumn hasn't come, only Winter with my hands are numbed.
Reply With Quote
  #9319  
Old 02-08-2012, 15:07
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming-soon View Post
Could it have been as I considered it have been?? "unintentionally doulbled" or just "stammering"?? For god! I can't love a stutterer.
I'm a natural stutterer. I haven't been able to get rid of it completely. Problem ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming-soon View Post
haha.. no worries, I have no doubt about your comprehension of English. I did understand it after I worked out on it a little..
You needed to work out to understand what I'd said, that was dangerous there !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilln View Post
The girl who sang Masquerade in Tran Lap's team. Maybe she has a boyfriend now...
Man yourself up and confess to her !
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9320  
Old 02-08-2012, 15:35
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

I think we should get rid of using Facebook any ideas bros
__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 17:00.