Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9331  
Old 02-08-2012, 20:15
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil94 View Post
Now, i'm very sad
why so serious
__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #9332  
Old 02-08-2012, 22:36
K.I.A
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 14
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

I can translate Eng to Vnese not bad, but I convert from Vnese to Eng is very bad. //mấy bro quote lại fix lỗi giúp e đc ko, sr viết tiếng việt
Reply With Quote
  #9333  
Old 02-08-2012, 23:59
Voldemort2109's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 09-2011
Posts: 74
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Hello everybody, I have a problem and I need some helps from you. This is my problem: Can you tell me (what your name is) or (what is your name). I think answer 1. I don't want to ask: Can you tell me your name.
__________________
[COLOR="Cyan"]I[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]have[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]a[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]dream[/COLOR] [COLOR="Silver"]...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9334  
Old 03-08-2012, 01:53
Utairus's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2008
Posts: 1,983
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldemort2109 View Post
Hello everybody, I have a problem and I need some helps from you. This is my problem: Can you tell me (what your name is) or (what is your name). I think answer 1. I don't want to ask: Can you tell me your name.
I think the sentence " Can you tell me your name" is good enough, If you dont want to say it, try another different one like " May I know your name (please)?" (saying in a polite way) or simply " What is your name?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifu.l.ife View Post
yep, thank you so much.
there are lots of things i have to learn before i have a job. So i won't think about the job any more. I decided to spend this month just for doing what i want,don't care about job. On next month, i'm going to continue finding job.
Let's feeling free......



After 5years, you're still thinking about your desired field. so you should give yourself a chance to fulfil your dream.
but, if you want to change you must have a strong determine for what you going to do. it may have some strange looks, talk about your decide. just keep on your stance. better late than never
I know that nothing is too late until I'm death. But I have so many confusions,dont know how to express it. Arrrrrr, Damn it
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"][SIZE="1"]- Dell Studio XPS 1647: Corei5--4Gb--500--4670
- Ip4s - standard version ( có version nào khác nữa đâu :rofl:)
- Đội bóng Voz-FC, chủ nhật hàng tuần- sân cỏ gần Đền Lừ -->http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?p=55952217 [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9335  
Old 03-08-2012, 02:32
Junior Member
Join Date: 11-2010
Posts: 6
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

nhà em share đầu người mỗi người nhiều lắm là 600k cả điện nước
Lino: có chỗ để xe
Lino: nóng lạnh điều hòa bếp nước đầy đủ
Lino: chị PR bạn chị giúp em nha
Lino: bạn nào có xe máy ý
Lino: vì nhà này xa bus lắm ạ
Lino: em thanks chị nhìu :X
01695393429 ôi các chị thắc mắc gì alo em nha em mệt quá điiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii hoac searg gg sdt em nos ra ca dong nhung thu ma cac thim thac mac day.tom lai em khong phai co hay mua gioi.
sr spam hihi`
Reply With Quote
  #9336  
Old 03-08-2012, 03:16
Utairus's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2008
Posts: 1,983
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

^
and where is that place ?
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"][SIZE="1"]- Dell Studio XPS 1647: Corei5--4Gb--500--4670
- Ip4s - standard version ( có version nào khác nữa đâu :rofl:)
- Đội bóng Voz-FC, chủ nhật hàng tuần- sân cỏ gần Đền Lừ -->http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?p=55952217 [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9337  
Old 03-08-2012, 03:46
Coming-soon's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 45
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utairus View Post
I think the sentence " Can you tell me your name" is good enough, If you dont want to say it, try another different one like " May I know your name (please)?" (saying in a polite way) or simply " What is your name?"
I'm afraid that you might have missed the point, the asker perhaps didn't raise that question for a way to ask someone for their name. but to ask how put the two elements "can you tell me" and "what is your name" together in a proper way in English.

And here's my answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldemort2109 View Post
Hello everybody, I have a problem and I need some helps from you. This is my problem: Can you tell me (what your name is) or (what is your name). I think answer 1. I don't want to ask: Can you tell me your name.
You're right! I'd pick the first one without any deliberation.

As in English grammar, we reverse the question form "what/how to be sth" as "what/how sth to be" when we put some stuff in the begining of the sentence [within limits though]. the oringinal question structure would then not be as pure as the standard question form, because the additional part as you inserted "can you tell me?" grammatically deforms it. and as you may see, the phrase "can you tell me?" itself is naturally a question form. I'd say for sure that you don't want to make people confused by coming out such a complexly mixed question form. "can you tell me what is your name?".

as I previously mentioned "we reverse the question form "..." when we put some stuff in the begining of the sentence" but within limits.
There're two cases:
1. In normal speech you could go like: "She asked me where I had put her bra."
2. When you relate what someone has originally said with a quote as in: "She ranted at me: Where had you put my bra??" ohoh.. Then you could keep the initial form of the whole sentence, despite that the saying has seemingly been separated half and half.
Everything's done. except me...

//anyone knows how to take off the bra? It's horrendously tight and is stinging me..
Reply With Quote
  #9338  
Old 03-08-2012, 04:42
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming-soon View Post
Too long
Not that what you pointed out was wrong but if you intend to become an English teacher, I think you really ought to improve your presentation skill . Your explanation above was way too long in my opinion .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming-soon View Post
//anyone knows how to take off the bra? It's horrendously tight and is stinging me..
Seriously ? Might I ask your gender? If you're a (young) woman, that's question is way too weird ! If you're a (young) man, practie makes perfect !
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9339  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:26
tranhieuamg's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2009
Posts: 2,914
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Not that what you pointed out was wrong but if you intend to become an English teacher, I think you really ought to improve your presentation skill . Your explanation above was way too long in my opinion .

Seriously ? Might I ask your gender? If you're a (young) woman, that's question is way too weird ! If you're a (young) man, practie makes perfect !
it's indeed long, considering the standard of the question of interest, which is by no means worth the considerable amount of words put in that post.

nevertheless, to answer the question raised regarding which one to use, either is ok, thou 1. should ease the souls of our notorious grammar nazis, yet native people pay pretty much less than none attention to whether the TO BE being arranged as in question type fashion.
__________________
wandering beyond the realm of reality
Reply With Quote
  #9340  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:30
Utairus's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2008
Posts: 1,983
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming-soon View Post
...

//anyone knows how to take off the bra? It's horrendously tight and is stinging me..
After reading twice, I still cant get it, you tend to talk about the sentence or the bra

anw, If u really have problem with bra, I mean at the middle of the night, I wonder what have you been doing all night
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"][SIZE="1"]- Dell Studio XPS 1647: Corei5--4Gb--500--4670
- Ip4s - standard version ( có version nào khác nữa đâu :rofl:)
- Đội bóng Voz-FC, chủ nhật hàng tuần- sân cỏ gần Đền Lừ -->http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?p=55952217 [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 18:50.