Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4091  
Old 20-05-2011, 09:01
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal1312 View Post
You cannot use "suck" as a noun or adj, and that's just the way English works; so "You are suck" means nothing in English. If you say that, people won't understand you. I have been living in Canada for 5 years now so I think I know more about English than you do. On the other hand, you can use "sucker" as a noun. For instance, "you sucker" for "đồ dở tệ" or "đồ cùi bắp"
really? adorable!!! Your English must be very good. Oh my goodness I feel so shameful. 5 years... well... I can give up everything in my life just to be there for 5 months to study English... What should I do now? I am so nervous...

tip of the day: if your English is fluent enough, you wouldn't have considered that much about noun, adj, verb whatsoever. And I would not try to translate it if I were you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal1312 View Post
I may not be in love with you/ I may be in love with somebody else.
wrong! you didn't even understand the meaning of that message.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #4092  
Old 20-05-2011, 11:47
Alfie Elkin's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 03-2008
Posts: 1,549
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

I can stand not loving you.
I'm capable of not loving you.

Is that your point?
__________________
[CENTER][B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]No brain, no gain. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #4093  
Old 20-05-2011, 12:07
chiphu's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 7,792
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Translate this first: "Anh có thể không yêu em"
Without one closing or opening sentence, it's hard to successfully solve this, or in your own words, it's hard to understand what that message really implies.
Reply With Quote
  #4094  
Old 20-05-2011, 12:36
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiphu View Post
Without one closing or opening sentence, it's hard to successfully solve this, or in your own words, it's hard to understand what that message really implies.
ok, let's change it a bit:

"A: TAO GIẾT MÀY!!!
E: ĐỪNG ANH...
A: OK TAO CÓ THỂ KHÔNG GIẾT MÀY, NHƯNG MÀY PHẢI PHỤC VỤ TAO"
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #4095  
Old 20-05-2011, 12:40
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Elkin View Post
I can stand not loving you.
I'm capable of not loving you.

Is that your point?
I would have use "able to" instead. This is not about capability.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #4096  
Old 20-05-2011, 12:43
anhtu214's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 08-2007
Posts: 1,614
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestork1 View Post
How can we say "Anh không thể không yêu em" in English ?
I can't stop loving you
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"]Macbook Pro 13" 2010 - How could I tell you about her?[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"]Iphone 2G cùi bắp :-"[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]Samsung GT-E1175T Brown pin trâu xài lâu lại rất ngầu![/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #4097  
Old 20-05-2011, 12:43
game_matter's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2007
Posts: 16,112
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
ok, let's change it a bit:

"A: TAO GIẾT MÀY!!!
E: ĐỪNG ANH...
A: OK TAO CÓ THỂ KHÔNG GIẾT MÀY, NHƯNG MÀY PHẢI PHỤC VỤ TAO"
A: I'll kill you, bitch
B: No, please don't ...
A: OK, I may not kill you, but you have to serve me

I don't think this is too complicated
Reply With Quote
  #4098  
Old 20-05-2011, 12:51
chiphu's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 7,792
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
ok, let's change it a bit:

"A: TAO GIẾT MÀY!!!
E: ĐỪNG ANH...
A: OK TAO CÓ THỂ KHÔNG GIẾT MÀY, NHƯNG MÀY PHẢI PHỤC VỤ TAO"
That's what I'm talking beauty:
OK, I might not need to kill you, but you have to suck me.
OK, I may not need to love you, but you'll never ever run away from me.
Reply With Quote
  #4099  
Old 20-05-2011, 12:52
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by game_matter View Post
A: I'll kill you, bitch
B: No, please don't ...
A: OK, I may not kill you, but you have to serve me

I don't think this is too complicated
"may not" is unsure. Which means I may still kill you even after you served me.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #4100  
Old 20-05-2011, 13:18
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2010
Posts: 148
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal1312 View Post
You cannot use "suck" as a noun or adj, and that's just the way English works; so "You are suck" means nothing in English. If you say that, people won't understand you. I have been living in Canada for 5 years now so I think I know more about English than you do. On the other hand, you can use "sucker" as a noun. For instance, "you sucker" for "đồ dở tệ" or "đồ cùi bắp"

- Bonus: google is not a verb; in traditional english there is no such verb as "google"; only people in the online community wrongly use "google" as a verb, because they don't want to say the whole phrase "use google to find it" (here google is a noun), so they just say "google it" for short.

or do a google search
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 02:23.