Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8311  
Old 22-06-2012, 00:25
XeOmeGai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 03-2012
Posts: 459
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperShot95 View Post
Hey guys , i have a question : Which of two is right
What is the weather in Hanoi?
OR
What is the weather like in Hanoi?
Thank you!

//Sorry for my bad Eng
both of they are right, i think
__________________
www.chiasenhac.com | Nghe và download lossless online.
★ Nghe nhạc theo cách của người Việt ★[Tài liệu] Audio
[QUOTE]
Effortless English. MF + Torrent http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?t=2724517
[/QUOTE]
[B][COLOR="Red"]WOT[/COLOR] IGN[/B]: [B][COLOR="Red"]Germanship[/COLOR][/B] và [B][COLOR="Red"]demonc1[/COLOR][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #8312  
Old 22-06-2012, 00:25
Trác Đông Lai's Avatar
| Giang hồ hiểm ác |
Join Date: 12-2006
Posts: 5,721
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.virut View Post
2 hours ago
Resume it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperShot95 View Post
Hey guys , i have a question : Which of two is right
What is the weather in Hanoi?
OR
What is the weather like in Hanoi?
Thank you!

//Sorry for my bad Eng
The second one is correct: "What's the weather like in Hanoi?"


Btw, it's great tonight in Hanoi. I feel relaxed listening to beautiful and romantic songs while waiting for the first semi-final Euro game to come with an empty stomach.
Reply With Quote
  #8313  
Old 22-06-2012, 00:30
AndyMai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 629
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trác Đông Lai View Post


Resume it now.



The second one is correct: "What's the weather like in Hanoi?"


Btw, it's great tonight in Hanoi. I feel relaxed listening to beautiful and romantic songs while waiting for the first semi-final Euro game to come with an empty stomach.
the first one is no wrong either, i guess when asked, with the 1st one, people will tend to describe the current weather (temperature), while for the 2nd one people would say things in general, like there are 4 seasons in Hn, sunny in mornings, rainy in afternoons, bla bla

i miss Hn
__________________
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]hakuna matata[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #8314  
Old 22-06-2012, 00:31
K.I.A
Join Date: 01-2010
Posts: 1,840
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trác Đông Lai View Post


Resume it now.



The second one is correct: "What's the weather like in Hanoi?"


Btw, it's great tonight in Hanoi. I feel relaxed listening to beautiful and romantic songs while waiting for the first semi-final Euro game to come with an empty stomach.
What's about the first one? I think it's a grammatical sentence !?

//Edit : It's "How's the weather" not "What's the weather" . OMG, how stupid I am
__________________
Đăng kí Dropbox nhận ngay 1GB miễn phí : [quote][COLOR=Blue]http://db.tt/BtJn05MF[/COLOR][/quote]
[QUOTE]Steam: [COLOR=Blue]http://steamcommunity.com/id/4c6f6e67[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #8315  
Old 22-06-2012, 01:05
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2008
Posts: 3,695
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

"You can never take too many pictures of pandas...never!"
Just saw this at Jackie Chan's fb, but I don't know how this sentences should be understood. Anyone give me a help plz
__________________
[/RIGHT][RIGHT]I want to finish it but I don't want to finish it.[/RIGHT]

[QUOTE]...so don't be thinking 'that time was fun', because you should be thinking 'that time was ALSO fun'...[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #8316  
Old 22-06-2012, 04:49
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviath View Post
"You can never take too many pictures of pandas...never!"
Just saw this at Jackie Chan's fb, but I don't know how this sentences should be understood. Anyone give me a help plz
No amount of panda pictures would be enough.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #8317  
Old 22-06-2012, 08:57
Trác Đông Lai's Avatar
| Giang hồ hiểm ác |
Join Date: 12-2006
Posts: 5,721
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
No amount of panda pictures would be enough.
Thank you for your explanation.

/Morning you guys!

Brace yourselves.

The weekend is coming to town.

Be well-prepared, then!

Reply With Quote
  #8318  
Old 22-06-2012, 09:15
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

I'm in the middle of nowhere
__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #8319  
Old 22-06-2012, 09:42
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2011
Posts: 215
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

My weekend will be bored as hell from now on. Sigh, I guess I'll make myself a campus field trip and prepare for the orientation on July.
Reply With Quote
  #8320  
Old 22-06-2012, 12:20
PaulScholes's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2012
Posts: 572
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Anyone here volunteers for Church's outreach ministry? Good to help people out but it is so boring my summer is being ruined I want to be taller want to go swimming every day T.T
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 18:24.