Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5061  
Old 29-08-2011, 21:15
iris1102's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 77
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr_271 View Post
Hey Jay, do you mind telling me your IELTS score and the centre you sit?
And also, is it true that the IELTS exam in British Council is easier than in IDP?
I think in some previous posts Jay has mentioned that he has never taken IELTS test.
About your question, i think it could be true. I have already sat in both centre and it seems the BC examiners who interview you give the easier topic. The Listening test is only the conversations or lectures between native speakers so they speak very clearly. However, I think it depends on how lucky you are


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilufvn View Post
// I have a question, but I can't translate it into Eng, Can I ask in Vnese ?
please yourself
__________________
[QUOTE=mr_skennedy;30327241]Song Thủ Hỗ Bác:
Tớ luyện chiêu này bây h 1 tay sóc 1 tay di chuột, tâm trí phân minh không hề ảnh hưởng đến nhau .[/QUOTE][QUOTE=ghetloaimodvovanhoa;35612116][SIZE="4"] [COLOR="Red"]Mình chắc chắn tươơng lai của Dizzy sẽ là xe ôm, xe thồ hoặc bốc xếp[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #5062  
Old 29-08-2011, 21:44
gtr_271's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 05-2009
Posts: 1,106
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris1102 View Post
I think in some previous posts Jay has mentioned that he has never taken IELTS test.
About your question, i think it could be true. I have already sat in both centre and it seems the BC examiners who interview you give the easier topic. The Listening test is only the conversations or lectures between native speakers so they speak very clearly. However, I think it depends on how lucky you are
Damn, I should've heard about this before registering for my 5th attempt, but it's late anyway.
And how about the Writing test at BC?
__________________
i7 6700K | Noctua NH-U9S | Asus ROG Strix Z270I Gaming | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3600 C16 | GTX 1080 Ti FE + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III + 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 PWM | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB + Crucial MX300 750GB + Seagate FireCuda 2TB | NCase M1 | Dell S2417DG
Dell Latitude E7470 | i7 6650U
Reply With Quote
  #5063  
Old 30-08-2011, 04:22
Alfie Elkin's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 03-2008
Posts: 1,549
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

^
Dude, sometimes they swap examiners between BC and IDP; so you'd better concentrate on your English skills, not on the easiness of examiners.

//5th time? You probably spent a lot of money on it.
If you take the test continuously without learning anything more, the band score will only change marginally.

//About IELTS vs TOEFL iBT, personally, I think, in IELTS, writing is more difficult while listening is easier than the counterparts in iBT. In overall, more or less, they have the same difficculty.
__________________
[CENTER][B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]No brain, no gain. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #5064  
Old 30-08-2011, 09:19
gtr_271's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 05-2009
Posts: 1,106
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

I took the test continuously just to have a 6 at the Writing and Speaking test, but it's still just one or another.
Ironic, isn't it?
__________________
i7 6700K | Noctua NH-U9S | Asus ROG Strix Z270I Gaming | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3600 C16 | GTX 1080 Ti FE + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III + 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 PWM | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB + Crucial MX300 750GB + Seagate FireCuda 2TB | NCase M1 | Dell S2417DG
Dell Latitude E7470 | i7 6650U
Reply With Quote
  #5065  
Old 30-08-2011, 09:44
mahamahdou's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 14
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr_271 View Post
I took the test continuously just to have a 6 at the Writing and Speaking test, but it's still just one or another.
Ironic, isn't it?
You might need a break. Taking too many tests in a short time is not a good idea
Reply With Quote
  #5066  
Old 30-08-2011, 11:38
iris1102's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 77
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr_271 View Post
Damn, I should've heard about this before registering for my 5th attempt, but it's late anyway.
And how about the Writing test at BC?
you should try to find the best way to improve your English. Don't rush otherwise you may feel helpless
__________________
[QUOTE=mr_skennedy;30327241]Song Thủ Hỗ Bác:
Tớ luyện chiêu này bây h 1 tay sóc 1 tay di chuột, tâm trí phân minh không hề ảnh hưởng đến nhau .[/QUOTE][QUOTE=ghetloaimodvovanhoa;35612116][SIZE="4"] [COLOR="Red"]Mình chắc chắn tươơng lai của Dizzy sẽ là xe ôm, xe thồ hoặc bốc xếp[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #5067  
Old 31-08-2011, 08:27
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr_271 View Post
Hey Jay, do you mind telling me your IELTS score and the centre you sit?
And also, is it true that the IELTS exam in British Council is easier than in IDP?
I got 6.0 in 2007 with BC (if my memory still serves...). I was too lazy to take any preparatory course and just went straight for the test as my girl friend asked for. Didn't pay much attention to the test centres too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilufvn View Post
what do we use "Recruitment Information" or "Recruitment Announce" when we want talk about Recruitment Adv in website/news paper ?

// I have a question, but I can't translate it into Eng, Can I ask in Vnese ?
why don't you just simply say "job ads"? btw, recruitment information is the better choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runfar2x View Post
How mistakable you are to write the word "what" instead of "which".
I've searched google to know a small difference between 2 word uses "recruiment infomation & recruiment announcement" . the answer came naturally:
I don't see your English is any better than his
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #5068  
Old 31-08-2011, 09:32
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2011
Posts: 482
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post

why don't you just simply say "job ads"? btw, recruitment information is the better choice.

:"> thx you very much.

eh, I have this words: " không cần cái này...mà cần cái kia" in Vnese, do it have same structure meaning in Eng? I use " no need this .. but that? is it okie?
__________________
[B][COLOR="Purple"][center]Xin Mãi Là Bạn Thân...[/center][/COLOR][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #5069  
Old 31-08-2011, 09:33
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilufvn View Post
:"> thx you very much.

eh, I have this words: " không cần cái này...mà cần cái kia" in Vnese, do it have same structure meaning in Eng? I use " no need this .. but that? is it okie?
it's ok, but where's your subject?
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #5070  
Old 31-08-2011, 09:46
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

I do believe that if I am to be selected, the company will ...
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 05:47.