Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5041  
Old 28-08-2011, 12:31
K.I.A
Join Date: 03-2011
Posts: 31
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris1102 View Post
why do you know that toelf is difficult than ielts?
Your question is wrong, you should say"how do you know that toefl is more difficult than ielts" ? I would say that I've already taken both courses.I took ielts course at first, but I quittted after 1 years.Why? Just for no reasons, may be because I didn't like Australian accent in listening sections.Then I broke into Toefl and realised that toefl cost me lots of effort.If you want to know how hard toel is, just take a mini test here
http://www.testden.com/challenge/free-toefl.asp
Reply With Quote
  #5042  
Old 28-08-2011, 13:13
iris1102's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 77
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

I also studied about Toefl before but I think you should work hard for both. The difficulty of them are the same, compared between each task.

p/s: can u show me the difference between 2 questions pls bcuz i can't figure it out. Thanks
__________________
[QUOTE=mr_skennedy;30327241]Song Thủ Hỗ Bác:
Tớ luyện chiêu này bây h 1 tay sóc 1 tay di chuột, tâm trí phân minh không hề ảnh hưởng đến nhau .[/QUOTE][QUOTE=ghetloaimodvovanhoa;35612116][SIZE="4"] [COLOR="Red"]Mình chắc chắn tươơng lai của Dizzy sẽ là xe ôm, xe thồ hoặc bốc xếp[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #5043  
Old 28-08-2011, 13:54
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Men4u7 View Post
Where did u hear that?:-DToefl ibt is much more difficult than ielts. U cannot get a result better than 100 without practising more than 3 years.
sounds interesting... I wonder how well can I score in such tests. Luckly all schools here no longer require me to have either TOEFL or IELTS.

What if I can get 100 TOEFL iBT now, without any practicing? will you pay the test fee for me?
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #5044  
Old 28-08-2011, 14:50
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Men4u7 View Post
Your question is wrong, you should say"how do you know that toefl is more difficult than ielts" ? I would say that I've already taken both courses.I took ielts course at first, but I quittted after 1 years.Why? Just for no reasons, may be because I didn't like Australian accent in listening sections.Then I broke into Toefl and realised that toefl cost me lots of effort.If you want to know how hard toel is, just take a mini test here
http://www.testden.com/challenge/free-toefl.asp
I have just done a quick test without any practicing... it's quite tough though.


Thank you for your link.

The score will surely be higher if I do the test again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toefl_ibt.PNG‎
Views:	97
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	452332  
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #5045  
Old 28-08-2011, 17:06
K.I.A
Join Date: 03-2011
Posts: 31
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

@iris, your question lacks the determiner "more" and people say "how do you know "?instead of "why do you know"?."Why" is only used to ask for reasons,while "how" is asked when you want to know the way it happened.
@jay, how long have you studied Enlgish?, less than 3 years? Then you're supperman. Btw, your score is really beautiful(although that's not a complete test). I admire you :x
Reply With Quote
  #5046  
Old 28-08-2011, 18:01
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Men4u7 View Post
@jay, how long have you studied Enlgish?, less than 3 years? Then you're supperman. Btw, your score is really beautiful(although that's not a complete test). I admire you :x
I have studied English since 6th grade until 12 grade, consider it 6 years, but that's common for every VN student, isn't it? Don't tell me you are at 9th grade & obtain that 101 TOEFL iBT...

In case you want to ask, No I have not attended any other English class outside the highschool programme that every of us should have been taking or have already taken.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #5047  
Old 28-08-2011, 18:38
K.I.A
Join Date: 03-2011
Posts: 31
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Yeah yeah, I know. I am looking for a fulbright scholarship, and I want to make sure that I dont have many competitors ^^.
Reply With Quote
  #5048  
Old 28-08-2011, 22:51
mr_gem's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 02-2009
Posts: 3,118
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Men4u7 View Post
Yeah yeah, I know. I am looking for a fulbright scholarship, and I want to make sure that I dont have many compertitors ^^.
Since you're really good at English, I've got this for you
__________________
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][B]3470[/B][/COLOR] [B]|[/B] [B][COLOR="Green"]1060[/COLOR][/B] [B]|[/B] [B]Z3+[/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][COLOR="Sienna"]G610 Orion Brown[/COLOR][/B] [B]|[/B] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][B]G420 Hyperion Fury[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[B][RIGHT]Steam/Origin ID: [COLOR="Red"]g3milan[/COLOR][/RIGHT][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #5049  
Old 29-08-2011, 00:09
gtr_271's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 05-2009
Posts: 1,106
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I have studied English since 6th grade until 12 grade, consider it 6 years, but that's common for every VN student, isn't it? Don't tell me you are at 9th grade & obtain that 101 TOEFL iBT...

In case you want to ask, No I have not attended any other English class outside the highschool programme that every of us should have been taking or have already taken.
That's strange, I remember that students have to study English in the 3rd grade.
BTW, can anybody give me a list (or a link that provide a list) of formal expression in daily life (like "with all do respect", "back on track", "I beg your pardon" or smt like that)?
__________________
i7 6700K | Noctua NH-U9S | Asus ROG Strix Z270I Gaming | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3600 C16 | GTX 1080 Ti FE + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III + 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 PWM | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB + Crucial MX300 750GB + Seagate FireCuda 2TB | NCase M1 | Dell S2417DG
Dell Latitude E7470 | i7 6650U
Reply With Quote
  #5050  
Old 29-08-2011, 08:39
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr_271 View Post
That's strange, I remember that students have to study English in the 3rd grade.
BTW, can anybody give me a list (or a link that provide a list) of formal expression in daily life (like "with all do respect", "back on track", "I beg your pardon" or smt like that)?
Because students nowadays are smarter so they can start learning English earlier.

btw, I don't think "back on track" is a formal expression.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 02:55.