Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4901  
Old 11-08-2011, 22:21
AndyMai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 629
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikazuchi View Post
hey guys ! pls show me how to use the words "either" and "neither", they'd better be used by examples, i aint able to determine exactly the usage of 2 words. thanks you guys a lot
pretty much like how you use "so do I" and "I do too", but in negative ways, like a guy says "i cant sing" then you reply either " neither do I" or "I can't either", both are ok.


// I hate writing essays, that's probably the reason why i got 6 for IELTS writing
__________________
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]hakuna matata[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #4902  
Old 11-08-2011, 22:37
bang_coi's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 10-2010
Posts: 449
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

wanna practice your listening skill? watch this (warning: watching this video may cause death because of laughing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYqr3aM-oxc

The conversation between a vietnamese and a chinese.

__________________
[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #4903  
Old 12-08-2011, 02:32
kurapika312's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 03-2009
Posts: 269
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang_coi View Post
wanna practice your listening skill? watch this (warning: watching this video may cause death because of laughing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYqr3aM-oxc

The conversation between a vietnamese and a chinese.

Thanks for this clip. It was very entertaining, I must say

However, after a while ROLF by myself, I can't say why I should be happy about this one. This kind of racist prank will lead us Vietnamese people to no where, right? This boy definitely is not aware of his action, or to be frank, a brainless one.
Just imagine that one day, we are boycotted thanks to the bad rumors over Vietnamese people. Anywhere we go, they just turn their backs to us and we are left alone with "the enemy". Pretty doomed , huh?
Reply With Quote
  #4904  
Old 12-08-2011, 07:06
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 07-2010
Posts: 1,082
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

There are many verbs which follows this structure : Verb + preposition (eg: ALLOW somebody TO do something) and verb +v-ing (I like looking at the stars). So, what are they called ? Idioms ? Collocations or something else ?
Reply With Quote
  #4905  
Old 12-08-2011, 07:36
bang_coi's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 10-2010
Posts: 449
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurapika312 View Post
Thanks for this clip. It was very entertaining, I must say

However, after a while ROLF by myself, I can't say why I should be happy about this one. This kind of racist prank will lead us Vietnamese people to no where, right? This boy definitely is not aware of his action, or to be frank, a brainless one.
Just imagine that one day, we are boycotted thanks to the bad rumors over Vietnamese people. Anywhere we go, they just turn their backs to us and we are left alone with "the enemy". Pretty doomed , huh?
That guy isnt vietnamese.....

the uploader said that video wasnt meant to offend anyone or race. it just a prank

but hey, his voice made me laugh... and this video is for entertainment.

just for fun, hm?

:r ofl:
__________________
[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #4906  
Old 12-08-2011, 08:34
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang_coi View Post
wanna practice your listening skill? watch this (warning: watching this video may cause death because of laughing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYqr3aM-oxc

The conversation between a vietnamese and a chinese.

Annoying... I don't see anything funny in the clip. Dislike given. I bet all the likers are thinking that all Vietnamese are just like the stupid boy.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #4907  
Old 12-08-2011, 09:21
kurapika312's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 03-2009
Posts: 269
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang_coi View Post
That guy isnt vietnamese.....

the uploader said that video wasnt meant to offend anyone or race. it just a prank

but hey, his voice made me laugh... and this video is for entertainment.

just for fun, hm?

:r ofl:
Now that's even more serious. Is he Chinese?

Hi hi, you are right, it's just for fun. There may be no problem with the intention. I just only think that we or anyone else should be more careful with something that can affect others, especially as sensitive as racism..

The subconcious is pretty...stupid. It can't tell between good or bad things, funny or serious things. If something is repeated a sufficient number of times, it can cause some kind of "stereotype". You know what I mean? For example, we Vietnamese usually call Chinese people "dog" and that is now accepted widely. Just imagine that other peoples in the world have the same perception of us? It is like a scar; once formed, never disappear.
The victims of the pranks could bring their "knowledge" on Vietnamese people back to their countries, and "confirmed" by other incidents like Vietnamese hackers or bad social and public awareness of Vietnamese residents.
I hope that the "so called" Vietnamese rascal's prank would not go viral like Bieber's Videos Seriously. But anyway, thank you for letting me know about this clip.
Reply With Quote
  #4908  
Old 12-08-2011, 11:28
dangkikhowa9's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 07-2009
Posts: 3,881
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Can anybody teach me how to good at grammar ?

I just can listening and reading
Reply With Quote
  #4909  
Old 12-08-2011, 11:44
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangkikhowa9 View Post
Can anybody teach me how to good at grammar ?

I just can listening and reading
do NOT sleep in class.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #4910  
Old 12-08-2011, 12:10
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 07-2010
Posts: 1,082
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangkikhowa9 View Post
Can anybody teach me how to good at grammar ?

I just can listening and reading
You can read Raymond Murphy's English Grammar in Use (Intermediate). So far, that's the best book I've ever seen about English Grammar. You should read the english version because I think it will explains things better than the Vietnamese version of the book. Don't worry, as long as you can read, there will be no problems understanding that book. Pick one, read it carefully, do the exercise and review it often, you will be very good at english I think you can get a 9 in the University Entrance Exam if you practice often
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 04:04.