Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4471  
Old 06-07-2011, 10:02
K.I.A
Join Date: 01-2010
Posts: 1,840
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nht_max View Post
1. As i understand, you should just say something like this: I'm afraid because my English is not so good. Or If you insist on keeping your sentence, then it should be corrected like this: I am afraid because I speak English very badly. But then, doesn't it sound a bit...weird? I honestly don't think there're many people using that style

2. It should be corrected like this: I'm not interested in your opinion/s. It's grammatically right that way, but again, it sounds a little odd/obscure to me (personally of course, others can understand your point just fine). My best try for this should just be like: I don't like your opinions. Just simple as that

3. There is no preposition "on" in this case. Just remove it and you're good to go

P.s Also, it's recommended that there's no "s" for the word "help".
Thank you But can you explain the bold line to me ?
Reply With Quote
  #4472  
Old 06-07-2011, 10:37
nht_max's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2008
Posts: 315
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperShot95 View Post
Someone please helps me to correct these sentences :
1. I am afraid I speak English very bad
2. I am not interested about your opinion ( "in" instead of "about" ,right ? )
3. I am looking forward to seeing you on next Sunday

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperShot95 View Post
Thank you But can you explain the bold line to me ?
That line responds to your bold one. "Someone please help me (to) correct these sentences" NOT "Someone please helps me to correct these sentences"
Reply With Quote
  #4473  
Old 06-07-2011, 10:42
K.I.A
Join Date: 01-2010
Posts: 1,840
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nht_max View Post
That line responds to your bold one. "Someone please help me (to) correct these sentences" NOT "Someone please helps me to correct these sentences"
I think Some/Every/Any/No + singular verb , right ?
Reply With Quote
  #4474  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:39
nht_max's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2008
Posts: 315
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperShot95 View Post
I think Some/Every/Any/No + singular verb , right ?
That's true, but this case is another story:"> In this particular case, you're asking for a favor, right? Your sentence could be re-written like this: Please help me correct these sentences, guys. That should make you understand it better Well, I guess It's difficult to explain, but sometimes, you need to be flexible and dependent on the context to make adjustments. Of course, the adjustment must be within the rules until you've learned to bend itUntil then
Reply With Quote
  #4475  
Old 06-07-2011, 12:55
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2006
Posts: 1,122
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nht_max View Post
P.s Also, it's recommended that there's no "s" for the word "help".
it's recommended that there (should) be no "s" for the word "help".
Reply With Quote
  #4476  
Old 06-07-2011, 13:38
Jeeja Yanin's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2010
Posts: 577
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiano1 View Post
it's recommended that there (should) be no "s" for the word "help".
not that it's recommended, but it's rather essential to have it (yes, the "S") removed, otherwise the sentence will look fucked up and won't even make any sence in regard to what the original poster intended to say or to ask for. Though even without the "s", his plead for favor (yes, it still contains a minor grammar flaw) is still slightly away from reaching enough and full understanding from most of people, WHO ARE REALLY SPEAKING ENGLISH, therefore they won't be able to provide proper support, but i'm going to far away
__________________
8====D
Reply With Quote
  #4477  
Old 06-07-2011, 13:49
nht_max's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2008
Posts: 315
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiano1 View Post
it's recommended that there (should) be no "s" for the word "help".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeja Yanin View Post
not that it's recommended, but it's rather essential to have it (yes, the "S") removed, otherwise the sentence will look fucked up and won't even make any sence in regard to what the original poster intended to say
You got my point there, Jeeja Yanin In other words, It's a must, not an option to pick from. That was why I wrote "there's no "s" " NOT "there should be no "s" "; the former sentence "It's recommended that" was actually used to tone my suggestion down and hence hopefully makes it more absorbable/less intrusive
Reply With Quote
  #4478  
Old 06-07-2011, 13:59
Chuck Norris's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 86
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
well it's complicated...
i can take it, or is it just a puny excuse ? The latter explains why you scored only 6, and renders you more pathetic than i've ever seen (well at least on the forum) while it's already obvious that it earns you sympathy (yup, a lot) from my side


and you know i'm just messing around with you, big boss, so hands down
__________________
Chuck Norris sleeps with a pillow under his gun.
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.
Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.
Chuck Norris knows the last digit of pi.
Chuck Norris once ate an entire bottle of sleeping pills. They made him blink.
Reply With Quote
  #4479  
Old 06-07-2011, 14:44
nht_max's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2008
Posts: 315
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
i can take it, or is it just a puny excuse ? The latter explains why you scored only 6, and renders you more pathetic than i've ever seen (well at least on the forum) while it's already obvious that it earns you sympathy (yup, a lot) from my side


and you know i'm just messing around with you, big boss, so hands down
I'm with you there, Chuck. I myself, with over ten years of experience in toying with English, can't seem to comprehend why there was an "s" there

Well, I'm just discussing mistakes here and there, no offense to anyone in any harmful way No flame war intended. I think we improve by making mistakes, so, I correct you when you're wrong (or when I think you're wrong) to help you improve. I'd like to ask you the same in return, so that we get better together
Reply With Quote
  #4480  
Old 06-07-2011, 16:05
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
i can take it, or is it just a puny excuse ? The latter explains why you scored only 6, and renders you more pathetic than i've ever seen (well at least on the forum) while it's already obvious that it earns you sympathy (yup, a lot) from my side
well don't scare me... you're making my day harder
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 01:35.