Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3881  
Old 18-04-2011, 00:33
tlspace's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 03-2008
Posts: 230
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

I'm reading Treasure Island, in this book, the author use "said I" or "says I" instead of "I said" when he want to quote a saying. I don't understand it , I think it is wrong .

//my English is very bad, please check the grammar in my post for me . Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #3882  
Old 18-04-2011, 06:29
duy1124's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 5,329
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlspace View Post
I'm reading Treasure Island, in this book, the author use "said I" or "says I" instead of "I said" when he want to quote a saying. I don't understand it , I think it is wrong .

//my English is very bad, please check the grammar in my post for me . Thank you
Instead of I said "Go away, bastard!", you can use "Go away, bastard!", said I with the same meaning.
A "funny" thing in English
__________________
Nhân như phùng khốn cảnh bất đoản anh hùng khí. Vinh nhục quý tiện đảm đắc khởi
Reply With Quote
  #3883  
Old 19-04-2011, 11:50
babyB0Y's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 2,152
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlspace View Post
I'm reading Treasure Island, in this book, the author use "said I" or "says I" instead of "I said" when he want to quote a saying. I don't understand it , I think it is wrong .

//my English is very bad, please check the grammar in my post for me . Thank you
You can use this way in quotation
Reply With Quote
  #3884  
Old 19-04-2011, 12:56
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Elkin View Post
I have to answer this question but still don't have any ideas of what career development and personal development really are
career development is what your job will be 3-4 years down the road.

personal development is how you will gain experience as a person, and how you will change to be more useful for your society.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #3885  
Old 19-04-2011, 13:44
Alfie Elkin's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 03-2008
Posts: 1,549
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

^
I'm a little bit confused here.
Because there is another question which is "Why you wish to obtain the qualification".
The answers may overlap or I just misunderstand the both questions.
__________________
[CENTER][B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]No brain, no gain. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #3886  
Old 19-04-2011, 13:48
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Elkin View Post
^
I'm a little bit confused here.
Because there is another question which is "Why you wish to obtain the qualification".
The answers may overlap or I just misunderstand the both questions.
then say a different thing. Career development & personal development are only 2 of the many benefits that you would have from the qualification. You may want to talk
- consolidating your knowledge
- learning is a life-long activity
- upgrade yourself
- the reputation of the university/school
- your wife wants you to take it
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #3887  
Old 19-04-2011, 14:11
Alfie Elkin's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 03-2008
Posts: 1,549
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

^
Thanks guy
__________________
[CENTER][B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]No brain, no gain. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #3888  
Old 22-04-2011, 00:23
klv12gcn's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2008
Posts: 1,199
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Good morning, guys
I'm translating a document into Vietnamese (This is my homework )
How can I understand (or translate) the phrase "Clear of the coast" in this quote:
Quote:
NAVAREA warings will normally be sufficient for a vessel passing through main shipping lanes clear of the coast
Thanks
__________________
[SIZE="1"]Hôm nay trời nhẹ lên cao,
Tôi buồn chẳng hiểu vì sao tôi buồn.[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote
  #3889  
Old 22-04-2011, 00:41
Alfie Elkin's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 03-2008
Posts: 1,549
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

It means not touching the coast, I think so.
__________________
[CENTER][B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]No brain, no gain. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #3890  
Old 23-04-2011, 02:06
Arnold Schwarzenegger's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 03-2011
Posts: 2,456
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

In the movie "Grow ups", there was a line: "I'm wearing a toup." What's a toup? Google search doesn't show any result.
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 21:19.