Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3771  
Old 21-03-2011, 01:35
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'or''=' View Post
I'm kind of in an awkward situation now.
I have intended to quit my current job for weeks and the stupid manager have just poured the last drop that makes the cup run over.
I've made up my mind and the resignation is ready in my drawer.
The problem is that the big boss of the company is a friend of my family.
Quitting this job is something like betraying him.
I think I should have a talk to him before I send the resignation.
But still no idea about what and how I'm gonna say it.
problem solved.
put the manager's name on that resignation letter & send it to him with all best wishes.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #3772  
Old 21-03-2011, 01:53
bl4ckdr4g00n's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 8,934
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
problem solved.
put the manager's name on that resignation letter & send it to him with all best wishes.
unless the manager is the boss' son =))
Reply With Quote
  #3773  
Old 21-03-2011, 10:16
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckdr4g00n View Post
unless the manager is the boss' son =))
problem solved.
submit your resignation ASAP.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #3774  
Old 21-03-2011, 11:27
'or''=''s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
problem solved.
put the manager's name on that resignation letter & send it to him with all best wishes.
Well, the manager is way below the big boss, but his/her spouse's position is quite remarkable.
Not higher than the big boss but high enough to have to be cautious.
And I just don't want to put him on the horns of a dilemma.
Apart from that, as I mentioned above, this is just the last drop that makes the cup run over.
There are several other reasons (some of which are systematic problems) that led me to resign from this job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckdr4g00n View Post
unless the manager is the boss' son =))
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
problem solved.
submit your resignation ASAP.
I'm choosing the words to talk to him.

//What do you guys think is the most common reasons for quitting a job?
__________________
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #3775  
Old 21-03-2011, 13:33
game_matter's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2007
Posts: 16,112
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

"The salary's too low for my sake", I think =))
Reply With Quote
  #3776  
Old 21-03-2011, 16:40
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'or''=' View Post
Well, the manager is way below the big boss, but his/her spouse's position is quite remarkable.
Not higher than the big boss but high enough to have to be cautious.
And I just don't want to put him on the horns of a dilemma.
Apart from that, as I mentioned above, this is just the last drop that makes the cup run over.
There are several other reasons (some of which are systematic problems) that led me to resign from this job.





I'm choosing the words to talk to him.

//What do you guys think is the most common reasons for quitting a job?
well the common reasons are:
- salary is not competitive
- want a new challenge
- want to move to a bigger company
- want first team football... oops this is for FM 2011 =))
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #3777  
Old 21-03-2011, 17:25
bacpp's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2010
Posts: 1,123
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

This 2pic still alive?

Is TOEIC hard, guy?
__________________
[color=#F0F0F5].[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #3778  
Old 21-03-2011, 20:51
matran241091's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 09-2007
Posts: 10,703
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

what is "Chinese Customs"-Chinese Goverment??
__________________
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064381694/
Nick 2 thằng dùng
Reply With Quote
  #3779  
Old 22-03-2011, 11:47
'or''=''s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by game_matter View Post
"The salary's too low for my sake", I think =))
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
well the common reasons are:
- salary is not competitive
- want a new challenge
- want to move to a bigger company
- want first team football... oops this is for FM 2011 =))
HR managers often talk about three main reasons which are:
- Money: Salary, Bonus
- Work environment: Boss, Colleague
- Possibility of promotion or development
When a company couldn't provide at least 2 over 3 factors, employees will start thinking about resignation.
But I think they are just skin deep reasons, the root cause is something like what Ricardo called "comparative advantage".

// I have stopped playing FM since FM 2010, this game is really addictive and time consuming. Currently, I play only mini games like Plants vs Zombie and Oil Tycoon.
__________________
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #3780  
Old 22-03-2011, 13:03
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Plants vs Zombie is also addictive & time consuming... you won't be able to stop until the last round, or until your eyes cannot open any longer, whichever comes first.

Back to the topic, when it come to the point of resignation, any reason is meaningless. You still need to server the advanced notice period or to pay the compensation, whatever the reason is.

The main task here is to give them an answer that will not result in more questions. You can simply tell them your dog died & you have no mood to work... case close.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 19:37.