Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1141  
Old 20-03-2009, 09:59
01km's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2006
Posts: 1,703
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcorvn View Post
@Truly_enjoying_game: U keep talking about advanced English, and you don't even know which word means [or has similar meaning] "cao siêu"? lol [in fact, i dont really understand your "Eh" ? "Eh" means English, am I right? I've never seen anyone use "Eh" like that]
Well, I'm not good at English, my English's bad and is becoming worse and worse. I'm not sure that I can understand simple sentences, so dont use advanced English with me okay xD
Btw, Would you be good enough to explain to me what is the difference between these prepositional phrases: good at and good in?
Which of the following is correct?
1) She was the best in the class in Greek, but in mathematics and biology she was not so good
2) She was the best in the class at Greek, but in mathematics and biology she was not so good

To be good at and to be good in are often interchangeable and there is no easy rule to follow, so I'm a little confusing abt it @_@
2 - right. It seems like "empty word"...
__________________
Lương tâm là cái gì đó cảm thấy tổn thương trong khi các phần khác của cơ thể cảm thấy dễ chịu.
외부인터베이스팀.
Reply With Quote
  #1142  
Old 20-03-2009, 10:27
bl4ckdr4g00n's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 8,934
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietht View Post
I don't know how to combine two seperate words to make a compound wor. Ex: I don't know using either " Industrial production" or "industry production" is right? Sometimes we use "Adj+noun" and sometimes it's " Noun+noun". It made me really confuse when getting words to make sentences.
have the same confusion about this subject
Reply With Quote
  #1143  
Old 20-03-2009, 13:35
TRULY_ENJOYING_GAME's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 08-2007
Posts: 715
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk View Post
...And one more thing, first thing in learning Eng : don't try to use complicated sentences or words to show your knowledge, Eng is just a language. We use it to communicate, that's all. Ever read Heminway in Eng, dick ? 90% simple sentences.
Bro, the simpliest writing, particularly from the writer (nhà văn), is a very advanced writing. It's an art to write in a simple sentence.
There're 2 kinds of language, I think: communicating Eh and written Eh. We are talking to each other here in com. Eh and helping each other to write written Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRULY_ENJOYING_GAME View Post
...You will say this how in VNese:
1. "You are rich and I am poor."
You will write this how in Eh:
2. "Có lẽ họ bị kẹt xe."
3. "Tôi chưa bao giờ quên và sẽ không bao giờ quên mùa đông năm đó, mùa đông mà chúng tôi phải ăn rễ cây để sống sót."
...
come on, guys. The 1st is the best (of 3) I like (key word is the "and"). I love translating into VNese (the way VNese says), and I am bad at Eh gramma.
__________________
[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]HỘI MÊ GAME SHOOTING/FPS:[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]https://vozforums.com/showthread.php?p=113679821#post113679821
[B]Fecking:[/B] GTAV, WD2, HITMAN, SPLINTER-CELL, FIFA, SHOOTING
[B]Dick:[/B] CM-G750M * GIGA-Z170-D3H * I7-6700-3.4GHz * G.SKILL-DDR4-16GBX2(2800) * GIGA-GTX1060-G1-GAMING-6GB * XFI-FATAL1TY * OLED 55EG910T
Reply With Quote
  #1144  
Old 20-03-2009, 15:08
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 08-2008
Posts: 604
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Dear Mr. TRULY_ENJOYING_GAME
I did google the word 'Eh' but still dunno what does it stand for?
But I can see that you used the 'Eh' to refer to the word 'English', right?
And I find this so interesting because I've never seen anyone else uses it that way like you did before.

BTW, I'd like to exchange Eh with you very much, but I found a small problem that you name is too long and too difficult for me to remember.
Would you mind if I call you Mr. T.R.Y.M, which is abbreviated from TRuly_enjoYing_gaMe.
Reply With Quote
  #1145  
Old 20-03-2009, 15:20
chiphu's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 7,792
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietht View Post
I don't know how to combine two seperate words to make a compound wor. Ex: I don't know using either " Industrial production" or "industry production" is right? Sometimes we use "Adj+noun" and sometimes it's " Noun+noun". It made me really confuse when getting words to make sentences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckdr4g00n View Post
have the same confusion about this subject
Both of you might as well google for abstract noun and noun adjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRULY_ENJOYING_GAME View Post
come on, guys. The 1st is the best (of 3) I like (key word is the "and"). I love translating into VNese (the way VNese says), and I am bad at Eh gramma.
...and this case ain't got nothing to do with English grammar. It's about your translation. Take this:
Quote:
Mày thì... còn tao thì...
Oh hey, I've seen "Eh" several times in your posts. What the hell is that?
__________________
[QUOTE=skillmax15;79880557]Ku Vision thì đại loại là nó hiểu biết mọi chuyện. Ko tà tâm, ko toan tính, vì lợi ích không của bản thân. Cũng xứng đáng. :byebye:[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #1146  
Old 20-03-2009, 15:25
chiphu's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 7,792
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueaK View Post
BTW, I'd like to exchange Eh with you very much, but I found a small problem that you name is too long and too difficult for me to remember.
Would you mind if I call you Mr. T.R.Y.M, which is abbreviated from TRuly_enjoYing_gaMe.
Oh, man, this is fuckin' cool. Yeah, indeed.
__________________
[QUOTE=skillmax15;79880557]Ku Vision thì đại loại là nó hiểu biết mọi chuyện. Ko tà tâm, ko toan tính, vì lợi ích không của bản thân. Cũng xứng đáng. :byebye:[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #1147  
Old 20-03-2009, 15:31
tangailam's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 06-2007
Posts: 312
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueaK View Post
Would you mind if I call you Mr. T.R.Y.M, which is abbreviated from TRuly_enjoYing_gaMe.
Lolz, post of the day
Reply With Quote
  #1148  
Old 20-03-2009, 16:56
TRULY_ENJOYING_GAME's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 08-2007
Posts: 715
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiphu View Post
...and this case ain't got nothing to do with English grammar...
I did mean the 2nd & 3rd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiphu View Post
...Take this:

Oh hey, I've seen "Eh" several times in your posts. What the hell is that?
perfect translation. (same as the teacher, my teacher.)
yep, I make "English" in short: Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRULY_ENJOYING_GAME View Post
...
You will say this how in VNese:
1. "You are rich and I am poor."
You will write this how in Eh:
2. "Có lẽ họ bị kẹt xe."
3. "Tôi chưa bao giờ quên và sẽ không bao giờ quên mùa đông năm đó, mùa đông mà chúng tôi phải ăn rễ cây để sống sót."
...
This is from the teacher: (not from me, of course!)
2. "They must have been delayed by having traffic." (must -> đoán, dự đoán, có lẽ. must have -> đoán,... (ở quá khứ))
3. "I have never forgotten and will never forget that winter, the winter when we had to eat plant roots to survive."

What you all try to do now? I am the topic now? You've welcome!
(And when you all finish, I will have new names for you all too, fair?)
Your turn to share now, pls!
__________________
[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]HỘI MÊ GAME SHOOTING/FPS:[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]https://vozforums.com/showthread.php?p=113679821#post113679821
[B]Fecking:[/B] GTAV, WD2, HITMAN, SPLINTER-CELL, FIFA, SHOOTING
[B]Dick:[/B] CM-G750M * GIGA-Z170-D3H * I7-6700-3.4GHz * G.SKILL-DDR4-16GBX2(2800) * GIGA-GTX1060-G1-GAMING-6GB * XFI-FATAL1TY * OLED 55EG910T
Reply With Quote
  #1149  
Old 20-03-2009, 17:12
unicornboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 08-2006
Posts: 532
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRULY_ENJOYING_GAME View Post
I did mean the 2nd & 3rd...


perfect translation. (same as the teacher, my teacher.)
yep, I make "English" in short: Eh.



This is from the teacher: (not from me, of course!)
2. "They must have been delayed by having traffic." (must -> đoán, dự đoán, có lẽ. must have -> đoán,... (ở quá khứ))
3. "I have never forgotten and will never forget that winter, the winter when we had to eat plant roots to survive."

What you all try to do now? I am the topic now? You've welcome!
(And when you all finish, I will have new names for you all too, fair?)
Your turn to share now, pls!
How's about this?
2. They must've been in traffic jam.
3. I never, and will never, forget that winter, when I we had to...

I'd rather use the present tense to affirm sth.
Reply With Quote
  #1150  
Old 20-03-2009, 18:09
vietht's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 02-2007
Posts: 3,007
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Both of you might as well google for abstract noun and noun adjective.
I got some in the google of "abstract noun" and "noun adjective" through this http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/n...-adjective.htm. And I came to the conclusion that we use "noun as adjective" when there is no "adjective form" of that word. Is that right?
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 15:28.