Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3351  
Old 28-11-2010, 21:27
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2010
Posts: 148
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'or''=' View Post
I'm searching for Vietnamese subtitles of Friends series season 5.
No glimmer of hope.
watching it with English subtitle will help your english
Reply With Quote
  #3352  
Old 28-11-2010, 21:37
10face's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 06-2008
Posts: 869
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adc3II View Post
.......
oh thanks.I now know a valuable experience I can't get when reading books.In technical books I've read,It's always written as wall said.But somehow I see that the way you put it is more common in daily life.Really appreciate it
__________________
Vợ cũ:9750,J&W 780G,Acbel I470,SG 500GB+Western 160G
Vợ mới T400 P8600,HD 3470,9cell
Vợ tương lai:1 cái dây đai màu vàng
Reply With Quote
  #3353  
Old 29-11-2010, 00:41
'or''=''s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Blue View Post
give me the english sub,i will translate them for ya
It requires not only English background but American cultural background as well to translate nicely this kind of tv series .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindo37 View Post
watching it with English subtitle will help your english
I just want to relax, not to cudgel my brain.
__________________
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #3354  
Old 29-11-2010, 00:42
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'or''=' View Post
It requires not only English background but American cultural background as well to translate this kind of tv series.



I just want to relax, not to cudgel my brain.
you never knew what you could do ultil you tried
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #3355  
Old 29-11-2010, 16:44
minioc's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: 11-2010
Posts: 5
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall[e] View Post
I'm talking about fraction, ex: 2/3 two thirds and 7/50= seven fiftieths
You're right. Here is a fraction. The numerator (tử số) is cardinal (số đếm), then the denominator (mẫu số) is ordinal. Therefore The English will not make mistake if you say two thirds or seven fiftieths.
2. when The numerator is more than one, then the denominator needs to have "s" (plural) followed. Ex: we have one third (1/3) but two thirds
__________________
Yesterday is over, tomorrow has not come yet, present is a gift. Enjoy the gift!!!
http://smartweb.vn
Reply With Quote
  #3356  
Old 29-11-2010, 18:54
babyB0Y's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 2,152
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Blue View Post
you never knew what you could do ultil you tried
+1, when you watch it more frequently, you will find out that it likes you watch Vietnamese film . However, when I watch scientific movies I still need subtitle for understanding clearly
Reply With Quote
  #3357  
Old 29-11-2010, 19:02
_LightninG_'s Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 06-2010
Posts: 535
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyB0Y View Post
+1, when you watch it more frequently, you will find out that it likes you watch Vietnamese film . However, when I watch scientific movies I still need subtitle for understanding clearly
Not recommended for comedy movie, too. It's hard for me to laugh when watching with Eng subtitles, maybe I don't have time to think scripts the funny way.
__________________
voz f19 = ?
Reply With Quote
  #3358  
Old 29-11-2010, 19:21
game_matter's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2007
Posts: 16,112
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

When watching movies with eng sub, the meaning of word or sentence come straight to your head without translate it to Vietnamese
I think it's a good way to training English
But not for the scientific movies, my English just hasn't reach to that level
Reply With Quote
  #3359  
Old 29-11-2010, 19:27
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by _LightninG_ View Post
Not recommended for comedy movie, too. It's hard for me to laugh when watching with Eng subtitles, maybe I don't have time to think scripts the funny way.
IT's simple man,just let
Quote:
Originally Posted by game_matter View Post
When watching movies with eng sub, the meaning of word or sentence come straight to your head without translate it to Vietnamese
I think it's a good way to training English
But not for the scientific movies, my English just hasn't reach to that level
for scientific movies,i can manage to understand 30-50 %,depends on what kinds of thing it speaks of
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #3360  
Old 30-11-2010, 13:49
minioc's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: 11-2010
Posts: 5
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by game_matter View Post
When watching movies with eng sub, the meaning of word or sentence come straight to your head without translate it to Vietnamese
I think it's a good way to training English
But not for the scientific movies, my English just hasn't reach to that level
Take it easy, I agree with your ways to train listening skills. Some people can hear words but cannot get the picture of the content. Don't worry, listen again, and practice like this. Your listening skills will improve a lot. By the way Harry Potter or Avatar can also be classified as scientific movies. ^.^
Another way to improve listening skills is that turn on the audio/movie and do your job. You can do housework, homework, etc, and just sometimes listen to (not hear) the audio and try to understand words and what the speakers are talking about. The importance is that you do it regularly.:">
__________________
Yesterday is over, tomorrow has not come yet, present is a gift. Enjoy the gift!!!
http://smartweb.vn
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 22:58.