![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#2871
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
The above sentence is totally correct.
__________________
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][COLOR=Black](Arthas to Sylvanas) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]After all you've put me through, woman, the last thing I'll give you is the peace of death.[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/B] |
|
#2872
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
I've never mistaken pros for cons, but yesterday when I talked to my teacher, I used prostitution instead of constitution.
__________________
[CENTER] [/CENTER] |
|
#2873
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
![]() ![]()
__________________
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][COLOR=Black](Arthas to Sylvanas) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]After all you've put me through, woman, the last thing I'll give you is the peace of death.[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/B] |
|
#2874
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
Should we say "every single minute of its" instead? Because I think we need a possessive pronoun here (its) to replace the already mentioned "summer vacation". It's just like when we say "the books of mine", "the computer of yours". What makes me even more surprised here is the fact that I googled the phrase "every single minute of it" and it appears EVERYWHERE which means it's a very popular phrase. I continued to google "every single minute of its" and guess what, NOONE uses that! I'm really confused! So, I want to ask, between the two phrases, which is more grammatically correct? And no, I don't really consider Google search results to be a reliable source. |
|
#2875
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
__________________
[QUOTE=ply;47253687]mình và gấu đang *** nhau, mình đột nhiên dừng lại kể cho gấu nghe về căng thẳng trong mối quan hệ Liên Triều, về tranh chấp giữa TQ và Philippin tại bãi ngầm Scaborough/Hoàng Nham, về phiên họp QH thứ 3 kỳ 13... Gấu ậm ừ vài câu rồi lại ấn vào lưng mình "thôi *** tiếp đi" thế là mình im bặt và lại tiếp tục ***[/QUOTE] |
| tranthanhtuanvn |
| View Public Profile |
| Find all posts by tranthanhtuanvn |
|
#2876
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
__________________
Watashi wa fushigina pokke ga hoshii da. |
|
#2877
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
Quote:
aaaaaaaah,finish hanging myself........so goodThe sentence above should be "we enjoy" rather than "we have enjoyed",right ?
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo #0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định #0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh |
|
#2878
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
It literally means "We are on our way to Nha Trang (we go by car)." Present Continuous must be used because the action is progressing at the moment of speaking. * we have enjoyed every single minute of it. The action began in the past (we started enjoying it since the beginning of the vacation) and it's still continuing at the moment of speaking (we haven't stopped enjoying it yet). In this case, the Present Perfect is the only approriate tense. BTW, can anybody here shed some light on "every single minute of it?" |
|
#2879
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
How about my poem?
|
|
#2880
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
Because "it" here stands for "the trip" => "every single minute of the trip" forms a full meaning phrase. There is no point using possessive pronoun in this case: "its" => what possession of what?
__________________
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][COLOR=Black](Arthas to Sylvanas) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]After all you've put me through, woman, the last thing I'll give you is the peace of death.[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/B] |
![]() |
|
|