![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#2191
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
It's an example. Sometimes the author leaves a grammar mistake IN PURPOSE. If you're not sure about whether it's incorrect or not, how can you understand it?
|
|
#2192
|
||
|
||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Sorry, sir. I do not know what i did wrong?
|
|
#2193
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
I was talking to bacpp lol, just a more detailed example of yours.
|
|
#2194
|
||
|
||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
In this case, it must be "but", no doubt about this. Nothing...but ...is the set expression. "Except" or anything else is not correct here. Except for that, the sentence is OK.
|
|
#2195
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
![]() Am I wrong?
|
|
#2196
|
||
|
||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
This is one of the questions in previous years' university entrance exam and I have no doubt about this. |
|
#2197
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
|
|
#2198
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
![]() And the most important thing: I still haven't known what the test asked you to do
|
|
#2199
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
p/s: My test is 2009 university entrance examination. I have to chose 1 in 4 answers
|
|
#2200
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Quote:
![]() Instead of leaving the car, they did nothing. ---> The result is: They did nothing. They did nothing but leaving the car. ----> The result is: They left the car. • I meant were you asked to replace the bold word with a different one or else? |
![]() |
|
|