Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2141  
Old 08-06-2010, 23:09
yulong's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2008
Posts: 418
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by alahoma View Post
oh yeah, i got it. Sorry, I was a little bit confused with idiom and proverb back then. But my point is do we have an english version of the proverb that i just mentioned ??
For example, "trèo cao, té đau" --> "the greater you climb, the harder you fall"...
You only got the "btw" thing *sighs*

I dont know any "official" English version of "Cây muốn lặng mà gió chẳng dừng", but I can create one: "The ephemeras like to mess with flame."
Who say it's not "official"?
Every country has it's own mountain of proverbs, not to mention maxims, for example, the Romans have: "All roads lead to Rome."
But the Slovenians have this: "All roads do not lead to Rome."
Use your imagination!
Reply With Quote
  #2142  
Old 09-06-2010, 00:31
alahoma's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2009
Posts: 1,698
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulong View Post
You only got the "btw" thing *sighs*

I dont know any "official" English version of "Cây muốn lặng mà gió chẳng dừng", but I can create one: "The ephemeras like to mess with flame."
Who say it's not "official"?
Every country has it's own mountain of proverbs, not to mention maxims, for example, the Romans have: "All roads lead to Rome."
But the Slovenians have this: "All roads do not lead to Rome."
Use your imagination!
Don't sigh and take it easy, dude !!! I'm not like a troll or something. If i had known, i wouldn't have asked u...and it's not like i dont understand what u said, about each country has its own system of proverbs...

Maybe either you misunderstand what I meant or have no sense of humour or i misunderstand u again...If u think that we are not on the same term, forget what i just said and i'll google it myself...Thanks anyways
Reply With Quote
  #2143  
Old 09-06-2010, 01:08
yulong's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2008
Posts: 418
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by alahoma View Post
oh yeah, i got it. Sorry, I was a little bit confused with idiom and proverb back then. But my point is do we have an english version of the proverb that i just mentioned ??
For example, "trèo cao, té đau" --> "the greater you climb, the harder you fall"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by alahoma View Post
Don't sigh and take it easy, dude !!! I'm not like a troll or something. If i had known, i wouldn't have asked u...and it's not like i dont understand what u said, about each country has its own system of proverbs...

Maybe either you misunderstand what I meant or have no sense of humour or i misunderstand u again...If u think that we are not on the same term, forget what i just said and i'll google it myself...Thanks anyways
I always take things easy lol, sighing is my chatting habbit.
About the first highlighted: It's not my point dude What i was trying to tell you is that you dont have to search for a proverb, just create one !!!
Dont tell me you still dont understand

About the second one: Ask somebody who can understand all i told you and you'll know whether i have sense of humor or not
Reply With Quote
  #2144  
Old 09-06-2010, 10:56
Paladin.'s Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2008
Posts: 4,449
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by minh9ftmn View Post
Some jokes a girl at my physics class told me. Just read it out loud very quickly and you will understand.
I 1 2 4 Q
Sofa King Retarded
Alpha Kenny Body
I Hate Happiness without the "H"s (can't work out this)

There were more, but I forgot
You made my day
__________________
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][COLOR=Black](Arthas to Sylvanas) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]After all you've put me through, woman, the last thing I'll give you is the peace of death.[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #2145  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:31
K.I.A
Join Date: 10-2006
Posts: 2,370
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by minh9ftmn View Post
Some jokes a girl at my physics class told me. Just read it out loud very quickly and you will understand.
I 1 2 4 Q
Sofa King Retarded
Alpha Kenny Body
I Hate Happiness without the "H"s (can't work out this)

There were more, but I forgot
what a joke
lol lol
__________________
Tình yêu đâu phải ai cũng may mắn tìm được nhau
Chẳng giống như chúng ta tìm được nhau rồi lại hoang phí duyên trời
Tại sao phải rời xa nhau mãi mãi, biết đến khi nào chúng ta
Nhận ra chẳng thể quên được nhau.....
Reply With Quote
  #2146  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:41
Daviath.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 02-2010
Posts: 1,426
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by minh9ftmn View Post
Some jokes a girl at my physics class told me. Just read it out loud very quickly and you will understand.
I 1 2 4 Q
Sofa King Retarded
Alpha Kenny Body
I Hate Happiness without the "H"s (can't work out this)

There were more, but I forgot
i know the bolden sentences, but what others mean?
Reply With Quote
  #2147  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:46
K.I.A
Join Date: 10-2006
Posts: 2,370
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviath. View Post
i know the bolden sentences, but what others mean?
So faKing Retarded
Al phaK ennyBody

__________________
Tình yêu đâu phải ai cũng may mắn tìm được nhau
Chẳng giống như chúng ta tìm được nhau rồi lại hoang phí duyên trời
Tại sao phải rời xa nhau mãi mãi, biết đến khi nào chúng ta
Nhận ra chẳng thể quên được nhau.....
Reply With Quote
  #2148  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:48
K.I.A
Join Date: 01-2010
Posts: 185
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Sofa king retarded
sorry, everyone, it should be sofa king we todd did
__________________
[QUOTE]You have been banned for the following reason:
ur hero![/QUOTE]
=))
Reply With Quote
  #2149  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:52
K.I.A
Join Date: 10-2006
Posts: 2,370
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by minh9ftmn View Post
sorry, everyone, it should be sofa king we todd did
Quote:
- Hey, say this fast: I Am Sofa King, We Todd Ed!
- I can't, I am so fucking retarded... Sofa King Retarded.
__________________
Tình yêu đâu phải ai cũng may mắn tìm được nhau
Chẳng giống như chúng ta tìm được nhau rồi lại hoang phí duyên trời
Tại sao phải rời xa nhau mãi mãi, biết đến khi nào chúng ta
Nhận ra chẳng thể quên được nhau.....
Reply With Quote
  #2150  
Old 11-06-2010, 16:47
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 297
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

you all get ready to be banned
__________________
[QUOTE=nguyenphung;15449428]Bà Triệu đánh tan quan Nguyên Mông để trả thù cho Chồng là Trần Quốc Toản:*. Thiệt là vĩ đại[/QUOTE]

Bái phục!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 01:20.