Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 22-08-2019, 21:55
LonelyTeddy's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 06-2014
Posts: 60
Re: How to learn English effectively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher.rehsA View Post
Just express your idea, of course, in English. Speak out and don’t worry about making mistakes. Then, the person you are talking to may help you to fix the mispronounciations (if he is nice enough )

via vozForums for iPhone
Okay, thank you. It's nice advice.
I just have a problem, I do not have anyone around for practice and speak with them.
I can fix my grammar alone by search the internet or make some stupid question topic about english on vozforum and take tons of brick myself.
But seems I can't take my speak skill go any further. All I can is just play a game called "skyrim" and mimic the npc voice.

Any ideal for improve my speak skill my friend?
I only have 2 months for complete learning english and get a job with it before my money ran out.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 22-08-2019, 22:53
__AND1__'s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 08-2010
Posts: 368
Re: Page 2 - How to learn English effectively?

watch Netflix and Western porns. it works

via vozForums for iPhone
__________________
“If an electrical pole had legs, it would go too.”
Đa nhân cách, nick nhiều người xài.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 22-08-2019, 22:53
Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 50
Re: How to learn English effectively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyTeddy View Post
Okay, thank you. It's nice advice.
I just have a problem, I do not have anyone around for practice and speak with them.
I can fix my grammar alone by search the internet or make some stupid question topic about english on vozforum and take tons of brick myself.
But seems I can't take my speak skill go any further. All I can is just play a game called "skyrim" and mimic the npc voice.

Any ideal for improve my speak skill my friend?
I only have 2 months for complete learning english and get a job with it before my money ran out.


Time to communicate (by speaking) with real people, or to play Mmo games.
An offline rpg about fictional medieval kingdoms can only carry you so far.

You can join voice channel on discord servers which focus on games you're playing. Talk about everything, not only games but also life or maybe just chill and make friends. You can talk more easily with friends.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 23-08-2019, 10:01
Tom Freemen's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2016
Posts: 819
Re: How to learn English effectively?

Finally we have our official English group

Anyway, back to the topic, rather "how" I'd say each person has their own way to learn something new, to absorb new knowledge so your method may not work with other, the important thing is you should find a motivation to kick your ass into English ; so let me share my experience from a newbie to a so so crap

I spent year after year with my tutor, one-on-one during my high school time and guess what, nothing changed. I remained a dump fuck and I used to hate English the most, for that particular reason

Until I found out about JRPG, it opened a new door to me. At first I didn't understand a single fuck but a dictionary (a real one, thick like a brick and heavier than that) was really helpful and for the first time in my life I held that dicktionary like my treasure

Time went by til I went to uni English was my most beloved subject and I can say I was much better. With the help of games, movies, music (not book, I didn't even touch one or did homework) my English skills flew like a penguin

Out to life game, tho I don't have any English cert but I can work with foreigners just fine. Been to some other countries and my clients/colleagues say my accent is really good, close to British (they are)

Now I really want to take an IELTS exam, training on my own for awhile but it's still not enough. Hopefully we can help each other, maybe open a topic for it. Especially writing/speaking since I can't do this alone

Just took some test recently and the examiner said my IELTS would be around 6-7.0; I want to improve it to 7.5 or even 8 if possible

So basically, game and movie and music and h̶e̶n̶t̶a̶i̶ really help me to be what I am now, more than text book and school. What's your story?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 23-08-2019, 10:18
<Loading>'s Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 08-2009
Posts: 23,940
Re: How to learn English effectively?

Thanks for your kind comments. 226552
__________________
[B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="2"][U]Desktop:[/U] Z390 Aorus Master || Core i9 9900K 5.00GHz || Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB || Strix RTX 2070 SUPER || SSD 970 Pro 512GB NVME || NZXT Kraken X62 &amp; H500i
[U]Gears:[/U] Chroma V2 || Tada68 || G903 &amp; G560 || Pulse 3 || Xbox One S || U2718Q &amp; U2419H
[U]Multimedia:[/U] Fujifilm X-T30 &amp; XF 23mm f2 || Osmo Pocket || Apple ⌚ Series 5 Titanium[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 23-08-2019, 15:27
huyhoang_461900's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 03-2010
Posts: 280
Re: How to learn English effectively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantri.vn View Post
Think in english, how to do that?
Same ideal. Don't try to translate to Vnmese when listenting. Instead, predict the meaning of the speaker then find the vocabulary mean.
__________________
[QUOTE=Black Apple Ver2;34254187]
Gái nó cũng giống như smartphone vậy,nếu biết hack/jailbreak nó thì nó sẽ phát huy đủ hết tính năng cho người sử dụng
:sexy:
[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 23-08-2019, 15:54
<Loading>'s Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 08-2009
Posts: 23,940
Re: How to learn English effectively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyhoang_461900 View Post
Same ideal. Don't try to translate to Vnmese when listenting. Instead, predict the meaning of the speaker then find the vocabulary mean.
YOU mean idea? 226552
__________________
[B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="2"][U]Desktop:[/U] Z390 Aorus Master || Core i9 9900K 5.00GHz || Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB || Strix RTX 2070 SUPER || SSD 970 Pro 512GB NVME || NZXT Kraken X62 &amp; H500i
[U]Gears:[/U] Chroma V2 || Tada68 || G903 &amp; G560 || Pulse 3 || Xbox One S || U2718Q &amp; U2419H
[U]Multimedia:[/U] Fujifilm X-T30 &amp; XF 23mm f2 || Osmo Pocket || Apple ⌚ Series 5 Titanium[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 24-08-2019, 00:04
iidz0d's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 09-2014
Posts: 74
Re: How to learn English effectively?

Oh. I think we must focus on listening first, when we can understand what they say. Secondly, we can learn a few words per day. Be patient, and take a test when we r ready.

Gửi từ OPPO A37f bằng vozFApp
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 24-08-2019, 01:44
Asher.rehsA's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 06-2019
Posts: 45
Re: Page 2 - How to learn English effectively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iidz0d View Post
Oh. I think we must focus on listening first, when we can understand what they say. Secondly, we can learn a few words per day. Be patient, and take a test when we r ready.

Gửi từ OPPO A37f bằng vozFApp
I believe that listening would be a nightmare for learners who don’t have a good foundation of vocabulary and grammar structures.

via vozForums for iPhone
__________________
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]¡Se paciente![/B][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 24-08-2019, 07:50
Tom Freemen's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2016
Posts: 819
Re: How to learn English effectively?

Guys, let's make an IELTS training group/topic (specially for reading)
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 15:40.