Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3131  
Old 26-08-2010, 11:21
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by plot View Post
Just like you
i wasn't spamming at all..........
and i am not lying
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #3132  
Old 26-08-2010, 11:23
K.I.A
Join Date: 07-2010
Posts: 36
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

@Jay: His original post, "yesterday, i'm intended ...", proved that he wanted to use the passive voice, so i just rewrited it and kept the passive voice as it was. Maybe his post is hard to understand but he did wanna use the passive voice.
Reply With Quote
  #3133  
Old 26-08-2010, 11:24
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiphu View Post
Supposedly this is what we hear by ear, not by our eyes. Are you sure you hear it without "a" or "s"?
err... not so sure, but a part of me is still considering "subtitle" as both countable & uncountable noun lolz. personal preference maybe.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #3134  
Old 26-08-2010, 11:25
chiphu's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 7,792
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
he meant your English proficiency mate... what are you thinking?
Oh I missed this post. Sorry Jay. Well, I meant it. I had wanted to mean it before and his question gave me a "chance" to speak it out.
__________________
[QUOTE=skillmax15;79880557]Ku Vision thì đại loại là nó hiểu biết mọi chuyện. Ko tà tâm, ko toan tính, vì lợi ích không của bản thân. Cũng xứng đáng. :byebye:[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #3135  
Old 26-08-2010, 11:26
plot's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 12,122
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Blue View Post
i wasn't spamming at all..........
and i am not lying
Who cares

I didn't say anything
Reply With Quote
  #3136  
Old 26-08-2010, 11:32
chiphu's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 7,792
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by plot View Post
Who cares

I didn't say anything
Who cares you care? You didn't say nothing and you'd better keep that. That's what I care for, once you feel like saying like this post.
__________________
[QUOTE=skillmax15;79880557]Ku Vision thì đại loại là nó hiểu biết mọi chuyện. Ko tà tâm, ko toan tính, vì lợi ích không của bản thân. Cũng xứng đáng. :byebye:[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #3137  
Old 26-08-2010, 11:35
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesshiro View Post
@Jay: His original post, "yesterday, i'm intended ...", proved that he wanted to use the passive voice, so i just rewrited it and kept the passive voice as it was. Maybe his post is hard to understand but he did wanna use the passive voice.
IMO "to intend" is pretty much about one's self decision. It is similar to some other verbs like "talk, think, decide...". You will never see anything like "I was talked" or "I was thought" because if you say "I was talked" it mean somebody did the talking to you.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #3138  
Old 26-08-2010, 11:42
chiphu's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 7,792
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
IMO "to intend" is pretty much about one's self decision. It is similar to some other verbs like "talk, think, decide...". You will never see anything like "I was talked" or "I was thought" because if you say "I was talked" it mean somebody did the talking to you.
Don't get me wrong, but remember the "Prison Break" subtitle project you and me and those guys attended the year before last? It's me who invited you guys and you happily did that web-based subtitle checker for us. I'm so so sorry I myself screwed it up later, by the way.
__________________
[QUOTE=skillmax15;79880557]Ku Vision thì đại loại là nó hiểu biết mọi chuyện. Ko tà tâm, ko toan tính, vì lợi ích không của bản thân. Cũng xứng đáng. :byebye:[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #3139  
Old 26-08-2010, 11:54
|G|I|G|A|'s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2009
Posts: 2,329
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesshiro View Post
@Jay: His original post, "yesterday, i'm intended ...", proved that he wanted to use the passive voice, so i just rewrited it and kept the passive voice as it was. Maybe his post is hard to understand but he did wanna use the passive voice.
I've never seen anyone using with the word "intend" formed like that. At least, in its meaning, the word "intend" has meant that "you want to do something with your own plan in the future". So you must use it in active voice here, not passive.
__________________
Đằng kia trên ngọn đồi thông, ánh mắt của chàng trai đang hướng về phía chân trời xa. Cơn gió nhẹ như bàn tay thiếu nữ, lả lướt trên từng sợi tóc, tựa hồ như những niềm hoài cảm, ký ức lại đưa anh về với từng phút giây hạnh phúc tưởng chừng như chỉ mới ngày hôm qua.
Reply With Quote
  #3140  
Old 26-08-2010, 12:00
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiphu View Post
Don't get me wrong, but remember the "Prison Break" subtitle project you and me and those guys attended the year before last? It's me who invited you guys and you happily did that web-based subtitle checker for us. I'm so so sorry I myself screwed it up later, by the way.
Of course I rememebr you mate. But do not mind about that project, we can always do other things together in this amazing community.

One question, does anyone know why people uses "I will be sending you..." instead of "I will send you..."?
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 19:53.