Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3161  
Old 06-03-2013, 13:18
Yamatano Orochi's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: 01-2012
Posts: 38
Re: HỘI vOz TOÀN THỂ A.E Ở HOA KỲ - USA (sắp qua, đã qua, và đang đợi qua)

Wut the hell with such long conversation about credit cards there ._. You guys made my head spinning 'round
Reply With Quote
  #3162  
Old 06-03-2013, 13:21
Hiep'sFinance's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 03-2013
Posts: 166
Re: HỘI vOz TOÀN THỂ A.E Ở HOA KỲ - USA (sắp qua, đã qua, và đang đợi qua)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengtengvn View Post
On the bills article, no one gonna make an excel spreadsheet and keep up with it in a long run.
I got an idea for you next article: pageonce.com for over all accounts overview, manilla.com for bill reminder, mint.com,..
Back to that note, which one of those websites would you recommend? I see that PageOnce has a Windows Phone app, which would definitely help me personally!
__________________
Mời anh em theo dõi và góp ý cho blog về personal finance của mình: [COLOR="Red"]http://hiepsfinance.wordpress.com/ [/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #3163  
Old 06-03-2013, 13:27
kendu2412's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 01-2013
Posts: 667
Re: HỘI vOz TOÀN THỂ A.E Ở HOA KỲ - USA (sắp qua, đã qua, và đang đợi qua)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengtengvn View Post
On the bills article, no one gonna make an excel spreadsheet and keep up with it in a long run.
I got an idea for you next article: pageonce.com for over all accounts overview, manilla.com for bill reminder, mint.com,..


I haven't seen Chase, WF, or BoA done anything good for me when I need them. Heck, their rates were unreasonable when I applied for a car loan with excellent credit\decent income, and I do have a long banking relationship with them.
Refinanced my car few months back and this time they said I owned too little and cash out option is not available. WTH, I own $5k on a car valued at $25k and refinance-cash out option is not feasible at your bank. Signing 2 checks for a loan is that hard for a bank? Screw them, I went straight to local credit unions.

US Bank is the best commercial B&M bank IMO. When I really need money to start my business, they cancelled my $2 LOC and replace it with a $15k LOC. Better yet, using that same credit pull, I got my first auto loan with a very low APR. I don't think any other banks will do the same. Their new Cash+ CC is the best right now.

Nowadays, I switched to Ally and never look back. Love that healthy interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiep'sFinance View Post
Good point. I'm thinking of testing out Quicken; lots of my friends are using it, complimenting its integration with mobile devices which helps users providing updates to their profile immediately. Will write a review once I fully test the software!



Big banks do suck at loan products. Sorry that you had this negative experience. I would try a credit union rather than a bank when I need an auto or home loan. Not exactly sure why, but credit unions almost always offer better rates than banks.



Oh there you go! Credit unions is the way to go! US Bank is the worst bank I've encountered. Once I had a bonus (lol!) problem with an account and talked to the local branch near where I worked. A lady, apparently a branch manager, promised that a personal banker from the branch would get in touch with me by the end of the day. Guess what? It's been a month, and sure enough I have not heard a single word from them. But I think in general, it really comes down to the particular bankers that you deal with. My US Bank reps suck, but it sounds like yours are great. My BofA reps are the best ever, while yours wasn't as helpful.

I believe that banking systems give a lot of freedom of judgement to personal bankers/loan officers, and more often than not, your experience varies depending on who you work with. If you have called credit card recon lines, you know what I'm talkin' about.

The Cash+ was just too good to be true. With the elimination of some popular 5% bonus categories, I'm not sure if it will maintain its appeal against rivals such as Discover It and Chase Freedom. Maybe still, but not by a landslide any more.
Mine was easier because I don't play with credit much. Open 1st bank in my life at Wells Fargo and 1st time apply credit card too ( regular , not sercue credit card ) and I dont know why they approved $500 right away . That time was no job , just student only . Around 4 month later got approved again on American Eagle , later that approved by Bestbuy and CapitolOne. That's all card I'm using right now . Use and pay 80% balance on time ( xài xong trả như điên )

And 1 year later , got job with little high income and easy got auto loan with Toyota Finance Service for 6.49%.

Now no more car payment , no more debt with credit ( cần dữ lắm mới xài )
Reply With Quote
  #3164  
Old 06-03-2013, 13:31
thangcb's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2008
Posts: 1,791
Re: HỘI vOz TOÀN THỂ A.E Ở HOA KỲ - USA (sắp qua, đã qua, và đang đợi qua)

I thought we are not allowed to type "Full English" comments like you guys just did ?
__________________
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Review - My Bali Trip 2019[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[QUOTE]www.itsgametoblame.com/blog[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #3165  
Old 06-03-2013, 13:34
tengtengvn's Avatar
is a Senior Mack
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 8,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiep'sFinance View Post
Back to that note, which one of those websites would you recommend? I see that PageOnce has a Windows Phone app, which would definitely help me personally!
They all have Android apps which I've been using extensively to manage my finance.

I don't like dealing with CU much because I don't live in the same place long enough and their lack of customer service via phone compare to the big banks. Many things require me to stop by their branches.

Discover It and Chase Freedom?
I have both cards, guess what's the rewards categories for the next quarter. Discover It: Home Improvement Stores, Chase Freedom: Restaurants\Movie theaters\Lowe's...
What a joke? They must think people in this modern civilization (LOL) do spend crapload of money at those places. Hello, I don't hang out at Home Depot, I don't eat out on my daily basis, and I don't go watch movie 3 times a week. Better than none?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendu2412 View Post
Mine was easier because I don't play with credit much. Open 1st bank in my life at Wells Fargo and 1st time apply credit card too ( regular , not sercue credit card ) and I dont know why they approved $500 right away . That time was no job , just student only . Around 4 month later got approved again on American Eagle , later that approved by Bestbuy and CapitolOne. That's all card I'm using right now . Use and pay 80% balance on time ( xài xong trả như điên )

And 1 year later , got job with little high income and easy got auto loan with Toyota Finance Service for 6.49%.

Now no more car payment , no more debt with credit ( cần dữ lắm mới xài )
>$1000 are toy cards. Step it up. My target for the next few years is one or few $20k CC in my wallet.
__________________
[RIGHT][B]Ruining forums since 2001.[/B][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote
  #3166  
Old 06-03-2013, 13:36
hadahi's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 840
Re: HỘI vOz TOÀN THỂ A.E Ở HOA KỲ - USA (sắp qua, đã qua, và đang đợi qua)

Wtf you guys talking about?
Reply With Quote
  #3167  
Old 06-03-2013, 13:57
kendu2412's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 01-2013
Posts: 667
Re: HỘI vOz TOÀN THỂ A.E Ở HOA KỲ - USA (sắp qua, đã qua, và đang đợi qua)

Bác tengtengvn rãnh thì túm váy + vietsub với
Reply With Quote
  #3168  
Old 06-03-2013, 13:58
lubu123's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 549
Re: HỘI vOz TOÀN THỂ A.E Ở HOA KỲ - USA (sắp qua, đã qua, và đang đợi qua)

Có quy định ở bao lâu trở lên nó mới cho mình apply cc ko nhỉ, tớ wa dc 1 năm rùi, mổi tháng trả bill xe, gas,...đầy đủ. Thêm cái nửa là mấy cái cc của mấy store bán hàng như amazon, bestbuy,..là khi mình mua đồ của nó trả đúng theo thời gian nó cho phép (6,12 tháng) thì ko có lãi xuất phải ko ta, tớ chưa hiểu vụ lãi xuất của mấy cái cc này lắm :d
__________________
[COLOR="Teal"][RIGHT][B]uoh ss!w 1[/B][/RIGHT][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #3169  
Old 06-03-2013, 14:15
tengtengvn's Avatar
is a Senior Mack
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 8,749
Re: HỘI vOz TOÀN THỂ A.E Ở HOA KỲ - USA (sắp qua, đã qua, và đang đợi qua)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendu2412 View Post
Bác tengtengvn rãnh thì túm váy + vietsub với
Bữa nào xuống mua chè 3 màu thì chúng mình đàm đạo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubu123 View Post
Có quy định ở bao lâu trở lên nó mới cho mình apply cc ko nhỉ, tớ wa dc 1 năm rùi, mổi tháng trả bill xe, gas,...đầy đủ. Thêm cái nửa là mấy cái cc của mấy store bán hàng như amazon, bestbuy,..là khi mình mua đồ của nó trả đúng theo thời gian nó cho phép (6,12 tháng) thì ko có lãi xuất phải ko ta, tớ chưa hiểu vụ lãi xuất của mấy cái cc này lắm :d
Nhiều khi nó hỏi sống ở địa chỉ hiện tại bao lâu thôi chứ không có qui định nào là ở Mỹ 1, 2 năm mới apply CC cả. Income, length at current job, credit score\history mới là những điểm cần.
Nhiều thẻ cho 3-6-12 tháng không tiền lời cho thẻ mới. Sau thời gian đó thì hết chuyện ko tiền lời. Thông thường khi ngày statement cuts mình có 21 ngày trước khi bill credit card dues. Sau due date, tiền lời bắt đầu kick in và được tính theo từng ngày.
Nếu mình ko trả off thì tháng tới tiền lời của tháng vừa rồi nó trở thành principal và qua tháng sau là mình phải trả tiền lời cho cái nợ + tiền lời cho tiền lời của tháng vừa rồi. Có câu nợ nầng chồng chất là vậy.
__________________
[RIGHT][B]Ruining forums since 2001.[/B][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote
  #3170  
Old 06-03-2013, 14:16
Hiep'sFinance's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 03-2013
Posts: 166
Re: HỘI vOz TOÀN THỂ A.E Ở HOA KỲ - USA (sắp qua, đã qua, và đang đợi qua)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendu2412 View Post
Mine was easier because I don't play with credit much. Open 1st bank in my life at Wells Fargo and 1st time apply credit card too ( regular , not sercue credit card ) and I dont know why they approved $500 right away . That time was no job , just student only . Around 4 month later got approved again on American Eagle , later that approved by Bestbuy and CapitolOne. That's all card I'm using right now . Use and pay 80% balance on time ( xài xong trả như điên )

And 1 year later , got job with little high income and easy got auto loan with Toyota Finance Service for 6.49%.

Now no more car payment , no more debt with credit ( cần dữ lắm mới xài )
Since you were a student when applying for your first card, you were applied specialized underwriting standard, which would normally grant you a student card with high interest and low limit. But that's a great way to start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengtengvn View Post
They all have Android apps which I've been using extensively to manage my finance.

I don't like dealing with CU much because I don't live in the same place long enough and their lack of customer service via phone compare to the big banks. Many things require me to stop by their branches.

Discover It and Chase Freedom?
I have both cards, guess what's the rewards categories for the next quarter. Discover It: Home Improvement Stores, Chase Freedom: Restaurants\Movie theaters\Lowe's...
What a joke? They must think people in this modern civilization (LOL) do spend crapload of money at those places. Hello, I don't hang out at Home Depot, I don't eat out on my daily basis, and I don't go watch movie 3 times a week. Better than none?
I see. So you're a nomad huh? Some credit unions such as DCU don't even have a physical location, and for credit unions in general, often instead of showing up at a branch you can fax or mail the documents they request.

Out of curiosity, which categories of spending apart from bill payments do you use the most? I've looked at the list of bonus categories for the Cash+; department stores and electronics stores seem pretty lucrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengtengvn View Post
>$1000 are toy cards. Step it up. My target for the next few years is one or few $20k CC in my wallet.
Amex 3x CLI is the way to go IMHO. Once you hit 20k with an Amex card through CLI's, you should request your other lenders to match the Amex credit.
__________________
Mời anh em theo dõi và góp ý cho blog về personal finance của mình: [COLOR="Red"]http://hiepsfinance.wordpress.com/ [/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 23:17.