Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9951  
Old 18-09-2012, 23:52
TegamiJason's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 955
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utairus View Post
Just receive my TOEFL iBT score , it is very disappointed that I just get 85 points, less than my minimum expected grade of 90. I'm so sad now . Is there anyone here has experience about this test? pls show me how to improve my score
do it again

if lucky, you will get easy one and unfortunately, you 'll get the BIG one
__________________
[SIZE="4"]Ta là một mặt trời, một mặt trời đi tìm nắng...[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote
  #9952  
Old 19-09-2012, 00:31
Utairus's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2008
Posts: 1,983
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TegamiJason View Post
do it again

if lucky, you will get easy one and unfortunately, you 'll get the BIG one
I'm afraid it is not simple like that. when I said "improve" , I meant a big move like to 100+ points score or even more.

Still so sad
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"][SIZE="1"]- Dell Studio XPS 1647: Corei5--4Gb--500--4670
- Ip4s - standard version ( có version nào khác nữa đâu :rofl:)
- Đội bóng Voz-FC, chủ nhật hàng tuần- sân cỏ gần Đền Lừ -->http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?p=55952217 [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9953  
Old 19-09-2012, 00:38
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utairus View Post
I'm afraid it is not simple like that. when I said "improve" , I meant a big move like to 100+ points score or even more.

Still so sad
I don't mean to discourage you but let's be realistic here. What is your desirable score? Is there a deadline for it? Does it serve any purpose? If you're not in hurry, striving for the best may be right. Otherwise, just achieve your goal and proceed to the next step. English is larger than just a score.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9954  
Old 19-09-2012, 01:02
Utairus's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2008
Posts: 1,983
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
I don't mean to discourage you but let's be realistic here. What is your desirable score? Is there a deadline for it? Does it serve any purpose? If you're not in hurry, striving for the best may be right. Otherwise, just achieve your goal and proceed to the next step. English is larger than just a score.
I want to reach to the score of 100. I was rather good at doing TF test in class and I had an expectation of minimum score of 90. Unfortunately, the real test had a bigger challenge.

I know the score is just one small thing about English so I want to improve my English abilities to make them better, not only for score but also for future use.

But first , I want to have some improvement in my score. maybe after a month or two I will retake the test. Do you think I can do some changes in that period of time ?
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"][SIZE="1"]- Dell Studio XPS 1647: Corei5--4Gb--500--4670
- Ip4s - standard version ( có version nào khác nữa đâu :rofl:)
- Đội bóng Voz-FC, chủ nhật hàng tuần- sân cỏ gần Đền Lừ -->http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?p=55952217 [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9955  
Old 19-09-2012, 01:06
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utairus View Post
I want to reach to the score of 100. I was rather good at doing TF test in class and I had an expectation of minimum score of 90. Unfortunately, the real test had a bigger challenge.

I know the score is just one small thing about English so I want to improve my English abilities to make them better, not only for score but also for future use.

But first , I want to have some improvement in my score. maybe after a month or two I will retake the test. Do you think I can do some changes in that period of time ?
Past a certain point, the result doesn't depend solely on your English command but your exam technique. That was my remark after talking IELTS. But of course top score requires a perfect combination of knowledge and skills.

Apart from that, I can't say anything else since I've never touched TOEFL materials.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9956  
Old 19-09-2012, 01:17
Utairus's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2008
Posts: 1,983
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Past a certain point, the result doesn't depend solely on your English command but your exam technique. That was my remark after talking IELTS. But of course top score requires a perfect combination of knowledge and skills.

Apart from that, I can't say anything else since I've never touched TOEFL materials.
85 toefl ibt pts stands in the gap between 6.5 to 7 in ielts. i think i know my weaknesses but i have no idea to fix them. I was not a student in foreign language learning major so everything seems to be so hard for me to try. at this moment, I'm blind. everything is just like a chaos in my head. just want to scream out loud.
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"][SIZE="1"]- Dell Studio XPS 1647: Corei5--4Gb--500--4670
- Ip4s - standard version ( có version nào khác nữa đâu :rofl:)
- Đội bóng Voz-FC, chủ nhật hàng tuần- sân cỏ gần Đền Lừ -->http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?p=55952217 [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9957  
Old 19-09-2012, 01:24
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 1,194
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utairus View Post
85 toefl ibt pts stands in the gap between 6.5 to 7 in ielts. i think i know my weaknesses but i have no idea to fix them. I was not a student in foreign language learning major so everything seems to be so hard for me to try. at this moment, I'm blind. everything is just like a chaos in my head. just want to scream out loud.
Just relax, it's not something to be mad at, unless you have a deadline to achieve the high score.
Reply With Quote
  #9958  
Old 19-09-2012, 01:31
Utairus's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2008
Posts: 1,983
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjames View Post
Just relax, it's not something to be mad at, unless you have a deadline to achieve the high score.

frankly, my application needs at least 90 pts, so i think I have missed it. Now should be the time to prepare for the next one.

Just a bad day
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"][SIZE="1"]- Dell Studio XPS 1647: Corei5--4Gb--500--4670
- Ip4s - standard version ( có version nào khác nữa đâu :rofl:)
- Đội bóng Voz-FC, chủ nhật hàng tuần- sân cỏ gần Đền Lừ -->http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?p=55952217 [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9959  
Old 19-09-2012, 01:40
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utairus View Post
85 toefl ibt pts stands in the gap between 6.5 to 7 in ielts. i think i know my weaknesses but i have no idea to fix them. I was not a student in foreign language learning major so everything seems to be so hard for me to try. at this moment, I'm blind. everything is just like a chaos in my head. just want to scream out loud.
Take a break now. When you're calm, find someone to discuss your problems with. If you've got money to spare, enrol to a cram course.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9960  
Old 19-09-2012, 01:48
Utairus's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2008
Posts: 1,983
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjames View Post
Just relax, it's not something to be mad at, unless you have a deadline to achieve the high score.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Take a break now. When you're calm, find someone to discuss your problems with. If you've got money to spare, enrol to a cram course.
You're right, thanks you guys for giving me advice. The journey's just begun and I need to keep my head high.

Goodnight guys, it's quite late now
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"][SIZE="1"]- Dell Studio XPS 1647: Corei5--4Gb--500--4670
- Ip4s - standard version ( có version nào khác nữa đâu :rofl:)
- Đội bóng Voz-FC, chủ nhật hàng tuần- sân cỏ gần Đền Lừ -->http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?p=55952217 [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 19:11.