Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9901  
Old 16-09-2012, 10:27
tranhieuamg's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2009
Posts: 2,914
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
If there had actually been a broker, you would have won this bet . However, I sense sarcasm there . Did I make mistake ?
lol no, how dare I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangduong View Post
i love the way u speak so much like English is your mother tongue. how can u learn English well like that. or you are a student abroad

me too. i want to take 9 mark at university exam but now i just can take from 5 to 7 .
read as much as possible, whenever and wherever you can. bet u hav a smartfone dont ya? I didnt even have a fone in my time back then let alone a smartfone.

somewhere around 8 years ago I read a lot, mostly manga and manga blog though my mom didnt think it's good for my health reading manga days by days so she cut my allowances. which later on forced me to surf the net to drench my thirst for manga I read nonstoppingly in the next few years and tried posting stuff in some english manga forum. I actually didn't go to any english class after finishing junior high

that said, look for things interest you the most and keep googling around for more material. jot down any phrases or collocations you find interesting and try using it next time writing anything so that they are carved right into your brain

english is fun, a lot more fun than science subjects (mind you I did math in university ), so don't make it as if you are being tortured by the language.
__________________
wandering beyond the realm of reality
Reply With Quote
  #9902  
Old 16-09-2012, 10:31
Senior Member
Join Date: 06-2009
Posts: 457
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Why do we say "The Everest" but not "The Mount Everest"?
Reply With Quote
  #9903  
Old 16-09-2012, 10:35
kiyeusu's Avatar
nsnǝʎıʞ
Join Date: 09-2008
Posts: 16,735
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcha View Post
Why do we say "The Everest" but not "The Mount Everest"?
i think we all know the Everest is the highest mountain in the world :-???
and someone uses Mount as the Everest
Reply With Quote
  #9904  
Old 16-09-2012, 10:46
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieuamg View Post
lol no, how dare I?
Truth is always better .
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieuamg View Post
that said, look for things interest you the most and keep googling around for more material. jot down any phrases or collocations you find interesting and try using it next time writing anything so that they are carved right into your brain

english is fun, a lot more fun than science subjects (mind you I did math in university ), so don't make it as if you are being tortured by the language.
This is true as well. God knows what you could learn after hours surfing Wikipedia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcha View Post
Why do we say "The Everest" but not "The Mount Everest"?
That's why they invented proper noun.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9905  
Old 16-09-2012, 10:57
tranhieuamg's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2009
Posts: 2,914
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Truth is always better .

This is true as well. God knows what you could learn after hours surfing Wikipedia.

That's why they invented proper noun.
I swear I hid nothing from you, be it tangible or intangible

btw wiki is no fun, something with boobies is better.
__________________
wandering beyond the realm of reality
Reply With Quote
  #9906  
Old 16-09-2012, 11:02
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieuamg View Post
btw wiki is no fun, something with boobies is better.
To each his own .
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9907  
Old 16-09-2012, 11:56
tranhieuamg's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2009
Posts: 2,914
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
To each his own .
isnt it 'each to his own'?
__________________
wandering beyond the realm of reality
Reply With Quote
  #9908  
Old 16-09-2012, 12:06
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieuamg View Post
isnt it 'each to his own'?
I'm not very familiar with that expression. Google's is also confused about this.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9909  
Old 16-09-2012, 13:40
kuu_vuive's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 16
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utairus View Post
Talk about grammar. I want to learn and practice more and more, can you recommend me any method or way to help me?
mee too
__________________
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]cứ cười đi. rồi đời sẽ nở hoa ;)[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9910  
Old 16-09-2012, 14:44
Senior Member
Join Date: 06-2011
Posts: 727
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

TOIEC - 450 - My Dream
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 17:41.