Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9411  
Old 05-08-2012, 22:40
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by khongbanhbet View Post
Fin. R. Federer 2 1 4
A. Murray 6 6 6
I felt too sad Golden Grand Slam was stolen
__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #9412  
Old 05-08-2012, 22:48
Senior Member
Join Date: 06-2009
Posts: 457
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Of course, you could say "the river is 1 km long". However, the "1km long" in your original sentence serves as a description for the long line of waiting vehicles. In addition, I don't think that sentence was well written, thus my paraphrasing.
that sentence was well written. I quoted from Step up to Ielts, Unit 3.
You dont get my point. The sentence "the river is 1 km long" is right; we all know that cuz we learned it in secondary school. I asked, why can't we say "the river is long 1 km", as you said earlier that "1 km" function as a noun.
Reply With Quote
  #9413  
Old 05-08-2012, 23:23
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcha View Post
that sentence was well written. I quoted from Step up to Ielts, Unit 3.
You dont get my point. The sentence "the river is 1 km long" is right; we all know that cuz we learned it in secondary school. I asked, why can't we say "the river is long 1 km", as you said earlier that "1 km" function as a noun.
Damn, I still think the sentence sounds weird. About "1 km long", let me dissect it for you.

The component in question is a adjectival phrase by nature and intention. It can be decomposed unto:
  • "long" - the main adjective or the core of the component.
  • "1 km" - the noun phrase acting a the attribute for the core above.
Hence, by keeping this order, "1 km long" is used to describe the river. If you switch the order of the elements, the component transforms into a pure noun phrase and its meaning is altered. E.g. "She kept moaning how it was a long 1 km"

I hope that helps your enquiry.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9414  
Old 06-08-2012, 09:21
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilln View Post
Reply:



333
__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #9415  
Old 06-08-2012, 09:31
Member
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 31
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilln View Post
Far or not, it's decided in the scenario, you know it, right? She did not know me since I always watched her from down-stage. I told you that I was too shy to talk to her... if only I could have turn back the time! Fuck!
yeah, course, i knew it
just waiting for the battle round to air
but are you sure she has a bf now?
Reply With Quote
  #9416  
Old 06-08-2012, 10:51
Chilln's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 2,197
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrloyal1005 View Post
yeah, course, i knew it
just waiting for the battle round to air
but are you sure she has a bf now?
Maybe yes, maybe no. The matter is I have a girlfriend now.
__________________
It's been so long the Sun hasn't risen, the Birds see no sunshine
It's been a while Autumn hasn't come, only Winter with my hands are numbed.
Reply With Quote
  #9417  
Old 06-08-2012, 11:24
K.I.A
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 510
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

What's up!
Reply With Quote
  #9418  
Old 06-08-2012, 11:35
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_195 View Post
What's up!
what the hell
__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #9419  
Old 06-08-2012, 11:41
K.I.A
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 510
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumbantia2012 View Post
what the hell
Nice too meet you.perhaps you teach english for me
Reply With Quote
  #9420  
Old 06-08-2012, 11:48
K.I.A
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 510
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

I am a noob,i wanna improve my listening and reading basic.I am learning with "Crazy english" and " effortless english", but iam very lazy,huhu.I just dont know who to turn to for advice.Somebody help me . Thanks for advance. Just have one gallon oil for you if you help me
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 19:19.