Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9401  
Old 05-08-2012, 17:42
RioFerdinand's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 87
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by manga_1608 View Post
hi guys i'm a newbie
I'm not good at english so i come here to improve my english
Newbie is just for dota mate
Reply With Quote
  #9402  
Old 05-08-2012, 17:43
'danhdoncodich's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 270
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioFerdinand View Post
Newbie is just for dota mate
+1

agreed !!!
Reply With Quote
  #9403  
Old 05-08-2012, 18:39
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcha View Post
1. in that case, why there is a "the" in front of Mekong River?
2. maybe Ive not been clear enough. In the "1 km long", what is the function of "1 km"? Is it adv or sth?
3. Thanks!
  1. Check this page:
    Quote:
    Do use "the" before:
    • names of rivers, oceans and seas: the Nile, the Pacific
    • points on the globe: the Equator, the North Pole
    • geographical areas: the Middle East, the West
    • deserts, forests, gulfs, and peninsulas: the Sahara, the Persian Gulf, the Black Forest, the Iberian Peninsula
  2. "1 km" itself is a noun phrase or a nominal group.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9404  
Old 05-08-2012, 19:18
K.I.A
Join Date: 01-2011
Posts: 163
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

có thằng nước ngoài tự nhiên đâu ra nó nhắn trên fb thế này,em ko bít tiếng anh nên mới nhờ các thím.Cái éo gì mà phải nhớ hôm nay.......mắt bạn.......
Quote:
Hey you. u can meet me to day
If u can
I'll hit u in your eyes
haha
phải trả lời lại sao ạ,thank mấy thím nhiều
Reply With Quote
  #9405  
Old 05-08-2012, 20:14
Chilln's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 2,197
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Reply:

Quote:
Fuck yeah, I'd like to
If you can
Wait till I finish banging your mom
lol
333
__________________
It's been so long the Sun hasn't risen, the Birds see no sunshine
It's been a while Autumn hasn't come, only Winter with my hands are numbed.
Reply With Quote
  #9406  
Old 05-08-2012, 21:26
beautifu.l.ife's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 39
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchymdada View Post
có thằng nước ngoài tự nhiên đâu ra nó nhắn trên fb thế này,em ko bít tiếng anh nên mới nhờ các thím.Cái éo gì mà phải nhớ hôm nay.......mắt bạn.......

phải trả lời lại sao ạ,thank mấy thím nhiều
There are 2 cases:
You are a girl.
That man is gay, pervert,joke
So if you are girl, and you also don't know E,it's better if you don't reply for that message. It's just waste your time
For the 2nd case, reply as his stated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilln View Post
Reply:

Fuck yeah, I'd like to
If you can
Wait till I finish banging your mom
lol

333
__________________
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]Life is as if rowing a boat against the water flow, if you don't[/SIZE] [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"][B]advance[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR], [SIZE="2"]you will lag[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"][I]behind[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9407  
Old 05-08-2012, 21:27
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

anyone watching Roger Federer against Murray
__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #9408  
Old 05-08-2012, 22:14
Senior Member
Join Date: 06-2009
Posts: 457
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
  1. Check this page:
  2. "1 km" itself is a noun phrase or a nominal group.
1. Thanks!
2. I still dont understand. why cant we say "the river is long 1 km", cuz "1 km" function as a noun.
Reply With Quote
  #9409  
Old 05-08-2012, 22:23
Junior Member
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 9
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumbantia2012 View Post
anyone watching Roger Federer against Murray
Fin. R. Federer 2 1 4
A. Murray 6 6 6
Reply With Quote
  #9410  
Old 05-08-2012, 22:34
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcha View Post
2. I still dont understand. why cant we say "the river is long 1 km", cuz "1 km" function as a noun.
Of course, you could say "the river is 1 km long". However, the "1km long" in your original sentence serves as a description for the long line of waiting vehicles. In addition, I don't think that sentence was well written, thus my paraphrasing.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 04:38.