Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #7541  
Old 19-05-2012, 20:37
mynewclone's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 08-2011
Posts: 531
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukman View Post
Hi everyone.
Just posted this on F17 but it seems nobody is interested in it. I want to introduce to you a very popular TV series in the UK: the apprentice. This series is for people who wants to start their own busisnesses because it provides a lot of business experience, business principles and how to apply them to reality.

The series is about a rich old man named Sugar looking for a business partner to invest his 250,000 pounds. There are 16 candidates and they have to compete with each other. Each week, the candidates are divided into two teams and do the same task.
The task could be selling second hand stuffs, selling street food or designing a marketing campaign. In the losing team, the leader of the team (for that week) has to bring him/herself and two others that he/she doesn't like to the bottom three, where Mr Sugar will decide who is the worst candidate and deserved to be fired (being sent home). This is the funniest part of the show since these three guys try to blame others for the failure of the task. One week, one candidate goes home until the last person remains and wins the competition.

This is a very useful series I think because it can help you not only with business English but also business itself. You will know how people here are doing business and you can learn from them, applying to your own business.
Also, there is a very funny show named You're fired on BBC. It comments the show with some hilarious people including the person just being fired. It is very very funny

There are two ways to watch this series: by Youtube or BBC iplayer. I'm not sure you can use BBC Iplayer in Vietnam (may be you have to use fake proxy) but it has Eng sub and better for you if you are not confident in listening to English.
youtube.com/watch?v=ijg-nrMjh3o
If anyone wants to discuss or share something about the series don't hesitate to comment here or talk to me at ken_ukman (YM)
Hope you have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikikudo.1 View Post
who want xxx with me ?
Dont fuck with me, im gonna kick your ass.

//Prepare some oil, would you?
__________________
[B][CENTER]Sex is not the answer

Sex is the question
"Yes" is the answer[/CENTER][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #7542  
Old 19-05-2012, 20:43
Rikikudo.1's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 119
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewclone View Post

Dont fuck with me, im gonna kick your ass.

//Prepare some oil, would you?
Awesome ! I am very honored to do that .
Let's do that
__________________
[QUOTE]Big man in a suit of armour. Take that away, what are you?
[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][B][I]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[/I][/B][/COLOR][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"][B] Blue is the color[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][B][COLOR="Blue"] <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"][B]KTBFFH[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #7543  
Old 19-05-2012, 20:54
mynewclone's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 08-2011
Posts: 531
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikikudo.1 View Post
Awesome ! I am very honored to do that .
Let's do that
nah cmon... im just 16 =='
__________________
[B][CENTER]Sex is not the answer

Sex is the question
"Yes" is the answer[/CENTER][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #7544  
Old 19-05-2012, 21:01
Junior Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 6
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukman View Post
Hi everyone.
There are two ways to watch this series: by Youtube or BBC iplayer. I'm not sure you can use BBC Iplayer in Vietnam (may be you have to use fake proxy) but it has Eng sub and better for you if you are not confident in listening to English.
youtube.com/watch?v=ijg-nrMjh3o
If anyone wants to discuss or share something about the series don't hesitate to comment here or talk to me at ken_ukman (YM)
Hope you have fun
Dude, the show is awesome. Would recommend my prof to present these in classes. Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote
  #7545  
Old 19-05-2012, 21:05
Rikikudo.1's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 119
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewclone View Post
nah cmon... im just 16 =='
oh f*ck ! I don't want go to the prison I still love life
p/s: i'm 19
__________________
[QUOTE]Big man in a suit of armour. Take that away, what are you?
[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][B][I]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[/I][/B][/COLOR][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"][B] Blue is the color[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][B][COLOR="Blue"] <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"][B]KTBFFH[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #7546  
Old 19-05-2012, 21:21
Junior Member
Join Date: 11-2011
Posts: 7
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikikudo.1 View Post
oh f*ck ! I don't want go to the prison I still love life
p/s: i'm 19
You got something wrong in this sentence. want go -> wanna or want to. I'm still loving my life
Reply With Quote
  #7547  
Old 19-05-2012, 21:22
Junior Member
Join Date: 04-2012
Posts: 5
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthoang011293 View Post
He's Vietnamese for sure
I'm Vietnamese, problem?
Seriously, for guys who want to improve English in this forum, why don't we have a separate box where we can post anything we like in English (just like what people are doing on F17). I think it would have more fun, with different stories, different topics, rather than some nonsense sentences in this thread
No brick
Reply With Quote
  #7548  
Old 19-05-2012, 21:25
Junior Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 6
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukman View Post
I'm Vietnamese, problem?
Seriously, for guys who want to improve English in this forum, why don't we have a separate box where we can post anything we like in English (just like what people are doing on F17). I think it would have more fun, with different stories, different topics, rather than some nonsense sentences in this thread
No brick
That's what people have been doing in this thread, FYI.
Reply With Quote
  #7549  
Old 19-05-2012, 21:27
Junior Member
Join Date: 11-2011
Posts: 7
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukman View Post
I'm Vietnamese, problem?
Seriously, for guys who want to improve English in this forum, why don't we have a separate box where we can post anything we like in English (just like what people are doing on F17). I think it would have more fun, with different stories, different topics, rather than some nonsense sentences in this thread
No brick
Yeah. I like your idea. You might be a mod for this box
Reply With Quote
  #7550  
Old 19-05-2012, 21:36
Rikikudo.1's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 119
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0k3 View Post
You got something wrong in this sentence. want go -> wanna or want to. I'm still loving my life
oh ! tks for fixing my errors
__________________
[QUOTE]Big man in a suit of armour. Take that away, what are you?
[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][B][I]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[/I][/B][/COLOR][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"][B] Blue is the color[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][B][COLOR="Blue"] <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"][B]KTBFFH[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 03:14.