Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5751  
Old 24-11-2011, 10:53
hoangthai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2006
Posts: 340
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by linhtcnz View Post
I have visited Ho Chi Minh city twice so far. However, the second time made me disappointed. They charged me a cup of noodle for 45k plus 5k for ... a handkerchief.
and plus 10k for bike-caring if you are in Ha Noi Old streets .
__________________
E3 1231V3 - B85M E45 - HD5870 1Gb - 8GB - 128Gb Plextor + 500Gb SS - Seasonic JS750w - AsusDVDRW - CoolerMaster RC690 III Advanced
Reply With Quote
  #5752  
Old 24-11-2011, 11:25
linhtcnz's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2011
Posts: 110
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangthai View Post
and plus 10k for bike-caring if you are in Ha Noi Old streets .
I have eaten out in Hanoi many times but they never charged me for extra things like that. Still, the way they obtain customers is basically the same. They both get the staff to walk, talk, "pull and push" pedestrians.
Reply With Quote
  #5753  
Old 24-11-2011, 11:29
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by linhtcnz View Post
I have visited Ho Chi Minh city twice so far. However, the second time made me disappointed. They charged me a cup of noodle for 45k plus 5k for ... a handkerchief.
you shouldn't go to any luxury restaurant,just a so-so-looking restaurant is enough for a meal,and the price isn't that expensive

and never ever use any hankerchief
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #5754  
Old 24-11-2011, 15:14
linhtcnz's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2011
Posts: 110
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Blue View Post
you shouldn't go to any luxury restaurant,just a so-so-looking restaurant is enough for a meal,and the price isn't that expensive

and never ever use any hankerchief
Actually I went to a small kiosk besides a market. They didn't publish the prices in menu.
Reply With Quote
  #5755  
Old 24-11-2011, 15:27
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by linhtcnz View Post
Actually I went to a small kiosk besides a market. They didn't publish the prices in menu.
WTH,i'm ashamed for their sake and i beg your pardon
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #5756  
Old 24-11-2011, 16:30
linhtcnz's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2011
Posts: 110
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Oh that's ok, but I still want to visit Ho Chi Minh city Perhaps I should eat something in District 5 instead of District 1.
Reply With Quote
  #5757  
Old 24-11-2011, 16:30
hoangthai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2006
Posts: 340
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by linhtcnz View Post
I have eaten out in Hanoi many times but they never charged me for extra things like that. Still, the way they obtain customers is basically the same. They both get the staff to walk, talk, "pull and push" pedestrians.
Some small restaurant don't have a place for leaving bike, so you have to find somewhere nearby to leave. I once taste boiled snails in 1A Dinh Liet (near the intersection), i have to do the same, they don't take care your bike. 40k for the snails plus 10k for bike, then 50k total, but i think this is the best spot to taste snails in HN.
__________________
E3 1231V3 - B85M E45 - HD5870 1Gb - 8GB - 128Gb Plextor + 500Gb SS - Seasonic JS750w - AsusDVDRW - CoolerMaster RC690 III Advanced
Reply With Quote
  #5758  
Old 24-11-2011, 17:34
linhtcnz's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2011
Posts: 110
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangthai View Post
Some small restaurant don't have a place for leaving bike, so you have to find somewhere nearby to leave. I once taste boiled snails in 1A Dinh Liet (near the intersection), i have to do the same, they don't take care your bike. 40k for the snails plus 10k for bike, then 50k total, but i think this is the best spot to taste snails in HN.
I prefer boiled snails in Tay Ho area in which they have the bigger ones. Also they have plenty of parking space for bike. But I extremely hate Tay Ho's fried shrimp cakes and ice cream. On the other hand I visit Dinh Liet St. sometimes but that's for books.
Reply With Quote
  #5759  
Old 24-11-2011, 17:41
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by linhtcnz View Post
Oh that's ok, but I still want to visit Ho Chi Minh city Perhaps I should eat something in District 5 instead of District 1.
remember to invite me,bro

i sweat i won't eat.....too much....
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #5760  
Old 24-11-2011, 18:08
linhtcnz's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2011
Posts: 110
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Blue View Post
remember to invite me,bro

i sweat i won't eat.....too much....
I'll be there in February. Among many cities I have been, Ho Chi Minh city is the biggest. It can confuse many visitors like me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 22:52.