Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5541  
Old 14-11-2011, 22:11
Senior Member
Join Date: 03-2011
Posts: 427
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

^
is it a troll dad?
Reply With Quote
  #5542  
Old 15-11-2011, 09:49
Senior Member
Join Date: 03-2010
Posts: 1,102
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

"Below lay London lovelier, I think, than I have ever seen her, with an evening mist, blue and patchy, trailing in slow wreaths over her, and settling down over her like a fallen cloud".

--> Could you give me a fine translation of this sentence into Vietnamese ?
Plz help me, I am having a test in class now
Reply With Quote
  #5543  
Old 15-11-2011, 12:40
Powerlove0909's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 03-2011
Posts: 240
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Raider View Post
"Below lay London lovelier, I think, than I have ever seen her, with an evening mist, blue and patchy, trailing in slow wreaths over her, and settling down over her like a fallen cloud".

--> Could you give me a fine translation of this sentence into Vietnamese ?
Plz help me, I am having a test in class now
Have you finished the test yet?
Reply With Quote
  #5544  
Old 15-11-2011, 14:14
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Raider View Post
"Below lay London lovelier, I think, than I have ever seen her, with an evening mist, blue and patchy, trailing in slow wreaths over her, and settling down over her like a fallen cloud".

--> Could you give me a fine translation of this sentence into Vietnamese ?
Plz help me, I am having a test in class now
you get what you deserve
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #5545  
Old 17-11-2011, 02:00
ndtr's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 07-2007
Posts: 1,136
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

"I love you this big" - What does this mean? Can anybody tell me?
__________________
[QUOTE][CENTER]"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything."
[I]Albert Einstein[/I][/CENTER][/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #5546  
Old 17-11-2011, 03:17
hoangthai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2006
Posts: 340
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

i was just gonna making a post but u did. This off for 2 days and i'm sad. For your question i think "this" = "so" but it seems unclearly, or "you" here is a thing, and it is "big".
You know, sometimes i think i'm on a boat over sea, unable to see land, just talking about learning english. It's some kind of shit things that suck time alot. I'm putting fun on this, so please go, and make wave.
__________________
E3 1231V3 - B85M E45 - HD5870 1Gb - 8GB - 128Gb Plextor + 500Gb SS - Seasonic JS750w - AsusDVDRW - CoolerMaster RC690 III Advanced
Reply With Quote
  #5547  
Old 17-11-2011, 05:36
dqsang90_shadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 1,205
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndtr View Post
"I love you this big" - What does this mean? Can anybody tell me?
when the sentence go alone, it doesn't make much sense. I think you should put it in a particular situation,e.g, "I've just got out of a serious relationship, I thought I would never meet someone again. It's hard to believe that I already love you this big after just a couple of weeks of dating"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangthai View Post
i was just gonna making a post but u did. This off for 2 days and i'm sad. For your question i think "this" = "so" but it seems unclearly, or "you" here is a thing, and it is "big".
You know, sometimes i think i'm on a boat over sea, unable to see land, just talking about learning english. It's some kind of shit things that suck time alot. I'm putting fun on this, so please go, and make wave.
this thread is always on my bookmark bar and I check it every time I'm online
but you know, sometimes, my lack of English skills makes me hesistated to share my opinion (or to be more honest, it's impossible to share)
there're a lot of times when I get an idea in my head, but fail to find a correct word to express it, it drives me crazythe only thing keeping me from hitting the close button is the hope that some day, I will be able to use English like an Americanpractice makes perfect, though:">
p/s1:I think we people in this topic shouldn't comment only on the contents, but rather on grammatical errors, too. This way we could help each others using English correctly
p/s2:during typing this post, I accidentally hit "ctrl+R" instead of "ctrl+T" and had to type again
Reply With Quote
  #5548  
Old 17-11-2011, 09:23
AndyMai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 629
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

^ just go with what you have in your mind, it doesn't really matter as long as you can express your thought, I too really want to be able to speak like a native person, but it takes time, a really long time.. :(
__________________
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]hakuna matata[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #5549  
Old 17-11-2011, 11:11
hoangthai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2006
Posts: 340
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dqsang90_shadow View Post
p/s1:I think we people in this topic shouldn't comment only on the contents, but rather on grammatical errors, too. This way we could help each others using English correctly
People that reason in english likely to make mistakes but what they said goes with their mind. Someone focus on gramma try to correct what they said but only express their thought in writing, unable to communicate. Because to speak, their mind need to process in real time, and if they do not reason in english, they couldn't speak, or sometime result in flawed english. Actually i hate student book, course book.. I like something that's real, and "life" like Tv's, magazines or movies..
__________________
E3 1231V3 - B85M E45 - HD5870 1Gb - 8GB - 128Gb Plextor + 500Gb SS - Seasonic JS750w - AsusDVDRW - CoolerMaster RC690 III Advanced
Reply With Quote
  #5550  
Old 17-11-2011, 18:00
ndtr's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 07-2007
Posts: 1,136
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dqsang90_shadow View Post
when the sentence go alone, it doesn't make much sense. I think you should put it in a particular situation,e.g, "I've just got out of a serious relationship, I thought I would never meet someone again. It's hard to believe that I already love you this big after just a couple of weeks of dating"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94l8Wsz40Hs

__________________
[QUOTE][CENTER]"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything."
[I]Albert Einstein[/I][/CENTER][/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 06:54.