Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4911  
Old 12-08-2011, 13:51
bang_coi's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 10-2010
Posts: 449
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurapika312 View Post
Now that's even more serious. Is he Chinese?

Hi hi, you are right, it's just for fun. There may be no problem with the intention. I just only think that we or anyone else should be more careful with something that can affect others, especially as sensitive as racism..

The subconcious is pretty...stupid. It can't tell between good or bad things, funny or serious things. If something is repeated a sufficient number of times, it can cause some kind of "stereotype". You know what I mean? For example, we Vietnamese usually call Chinese people "dog" and that is now accepted widely. Just imagine that other peoples in the world have the same perception of us? It is like a scar; once formed, never disappear.
The victims of the pranks could bring their "knowledge" on Vietnamese people back to their countries, and "confirmed" by other incidents like Vietnamese hackers or bad social and public awareness of Vietnamese residents.
I hope that the "so called" Vietnamese rascal's prank would not go viral like Bieber's Videos Seriously. But anyway, thank you for letting me know about this clip.
Don't Be Serious.....:">:">:">

i never call chinese people "dog". They are human, just like us.

i have a chinese friend, he's pretty good.
__________________
[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #4912  
Old 12-08-2011, 13:53
mahamahdou's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 14
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang_coi View Post
wanna practice your listening skill? watch this (warning: watching this video may cause death because of laughing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYqr3aM-oxc

The conversation between a vietnamese and a chinese.

Because of this video we, abroad students, are often laughed at. Some European and African fellas at my school keep saying "Some bo di" in front of our face.

This is not funny at all.
Reply With Quote
  #4913  
Old 12-08-2011, 14:58
dangkikhowa9's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 07-2009
Posts: 3,881
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver2104 View Post
You can read Raymond Murphy's English Grammar in Use (Intermediate). So far, that's the best book I've ever seen about English Grammar. You should read the english version because I think it will explains things better than the Vietnamese version of the book. Don't worry, as long as you can read, there will be no problems understanding that book. Pick one, read it carefully, do the exercise and review it often, you will be very good at english I think you can get a 9 in the University Entrance Exam if you practice often
ok. Thanks for your advice. I will get it as soon as possible
Nice to meet you.
Reply With Quote
  #4914  
Old 12-08-2011, 15:00
dangkikhowa9's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 07-2009
Posts: 3,881
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
do NOT sleep in class.
I'm not good at grammar don't mean I sleep in class.

I just like listening and reading and I feel grammar is easy to forget
Reply With Quote
  #4915  
Old 12-08-2011, 17:30
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 07-2010
Posts: 1,082
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangkikhowa9 View Post
I'm not good at grammar don't mean I sleep in class.

I just like listening and reading and I feel grammar is easy to forget
Use sticker notes, they are a powerful tool to make you remember things.
Unlike numbers, dates, physics formulas which can be learned using such methods as Phenomenal Memory, grammar rules can't be learned in that way. You can only learn it by using it regularly. The more you use them, the harder to forget them
Reply With Quote
  #4916  
Old 12-08-2011, 20:09
AndyMai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 629
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

take it easy people, we all know they are pranks, me and my mates been watching them for like millions of time and i dont find any problem with them making fun of asians, coz we all know most of the stereotypes are true . People make jokes about you just because they wanna be friendly, try to think positive, peace.
__________________
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]hakuna matata[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #4917  
Old 13-08-2011, 14:16
Member
Join Date: 07-2011
Posts: 75
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

My Brain had some damage when go to this topic
Reply With Quote
  #4918  
Old 13-08-2011, 17:41
pigdepdzai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2009
Posts: 2,326
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

I'm gonna have a placement exam of IELTS in 8:00 PM. Any advise for me guys?
Reply With Quote
  #4919  
Old 13-08-2011, 20:04
Junior Member
Join Date: 07-2011
Posts: 3
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMai View Post
take it easy people, we all know they are pranks, me and my mates been watching them for like millions of time and i dont find any problem with them making fun of asians, coz we all know most of the stereotypes are true . People make jokes about you just because they wanna be friendly, try to think positive, peace.
I hope I can see you on Youtube in one of those friendly clips. That will be hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdepdzai View Post
I'm gonna have a placement exam of IELTS in 8:00 PM. Any advise for me guys?
As there is no time now, sleep well and don't be late. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #4920  
Old 13-08-2011, 20:51
Utairus's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2008
Posts: 1,983
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Hey guys, I just have graduated in July and now I'm finding a job. Right now I need to get a certificate of english and I prefer TOEIC. My intention is that I will spend one or two week(s) for prepairation and then take the test. Can you guys suggest me a book that I can revise my Grammar and prepair for the test please? Also how many hours a day should I spend learning?

Thanks you guys in advance.

From F17 with love
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"][SIZE="1"]- Dell Studio XPS 1647: Corei5--4Gb--500--4670
- Ip4s - standard version ( có version nào khác nữa đâu :rofl:)
- Đội bóng Voz-FC, chủ nhật hàng tuần- sân cỏ gần Đền Lừ -->http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?p=55952217 [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 23:09.