Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4501  
Old 08-07-2011, 21:29
Chuck Norris's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 86
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntienthinh View Post
Jumped to the last page without read previous pages cause I can't understand what you're talk about =))
some people never spend even a fraction of their freetime here proofreading
__________________
Chuck Norris sleeps with a pillow under his gun.
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.
Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.
Chuck Norris knows the last digit of pi.
Chuck Norris once ate an entire bottle of sleeping pills. They made him blink.
Reply With Quote
  #4502  
Old 09-07-2011, 02:35
Junior Member
Join Date: 07-2011
Posts: 7
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

I believe that the best way to learn a foreign language is to truly think in that language. When you have to translate what you want to say in your head, you waste your time and risk making silly mistakes.

For example, when you see a hot woman, say it "out loud" in your head: sh*t,
I want to f* that milf

Reply With Quote
  #4503  
Old 09-07-2011, 12:41
Priestess Of The Moon's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 12-2010
Posts: 1,689
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
I believe that the best way to learn a foreign language is to truly think in that language. When you have to translate what you want to say in your head, you waste your time and risk making silly mistakes.

For example, when you see a hot woman, say it "out loud" in your head: sh*t,
I want to f* that milf

nodoubt that will be shjt on your face
__________________
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]SilverStone Redline RL01[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ASRock Z77 Pro3[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]i7 3770k @4.5Ghz[/COLOR] [COLOR="YellowGreen"]Corsair H60i[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]4x4GB 1600Mhz CORSAIR Vengeance[/COLOR] [COLOR="DimGray"]MSI 7950 Twin Frozr OC 1100/1350[/COLOR] [COLOR="Dark"]120 OCZ Agility+3TB WD Green[/COLOR] [COLOR="Plum"]CORSAIR GS800[/COLOR] Levetron Mech5[/B]
Reply With Quote
  #4504  
Old 10-07-2011, 16:05
Junior Member
Join Date: 07-2011
Posts: 1
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
I believe that the best way to learn a foreign language is to truly think in that language. When you have to translate what you want to say in your head, you waste your time and risk making silly mistakes.

For example, when you see a hot woman, say it "out loud" in your head: sh*t,
I want to f* that milf
My Eng might not be that good but I think u have made a mistake.

I have never seen "is" goes with "to verb" !??

Anyway i agree with u that is better thinking straight away. However, it is quite difficult from the very beginning.
Reply With Quote
  #4505  
Old 10-07-2011, 16:58
Alfie Elkin's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 03-2008
Posts: 1,549
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni2911 View Post
My Eng might not be that good but I think u have made a mistake.

I have never seen "is" goes with "to verb" !??

Anyway i agree with u that is better thinking straight away. However, it is quite difficult from the very beginning.
Then you saw it.
__________________
[CENTER][B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]No brain, no gain. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #4506  
Old 10-07-2011, 20:45
Junior Member
Join Date: 07-2011
Posts: 7
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni2911 View Post
My Eng might not be that good but I think u have made a mistake.

I have never seen "is" goes with "to verb" !??

Anyway i agree with u that is better thinking straight away. However, it is quite difficult from the very beginning.
Erm, I got to the point where I rarely check the grammar book anymore, perhaps you can look into that and tell me if I'm wrong or not.

But don't sweat making mistakes though, we, Vietnamese, usually don't speak English very well because we are too afraid of making mistakes (and thus losing face).

Do we speak perfect Vietnamese when we talk to each other? No, that would be weird. Do Americans, Brits or Aussies speak perfect English in their daily conversation? The answer is still no.

So why do we have to care about making mistakes? As long as you get your idea across, it's fine.

PS: Okie, I used a kinda naughty example in my first post, but the main idea is that you have to think in the language you are learning. It can be difficult at first, but not impossible, you can start doing that within the first few months by using simple sentences and basic grammars. I'm doing the same with Japanese, and so far it has worked well for me ^_^
Reply With Quote
  #4507  
Old 10-07-2011, 20:49
Junior Member
Join Date: 07-2011
Posts: 7
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priestess Of The Moon View Post
nodoubt that will be shjt on your face
so a hot girl and a mind reader? Wow
Reply With Quote
  #4508  
Old 10-07-2011, 20:52
nht_max's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2008
Posts: 315
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni2911 View Post
My Eng might not be that good but I think u have made a mistake.

I have never seen "is" goes with "to verb" !??

Anyway i agree with u that is better thinking straight away. However, it is quite difficult from the very beginning.
Actually, that's you only (and perhaps a few others too). If you'd seen enough, you'd see that it's perfectly right. darkmatter used it properly there.

Btw, I can think of another case here: If you are to win the competition, you need to dig deeper on that. How's this?

The two cases are different in meanings. So, my experience is that we'll always need to be flexible and context-dependent if we are to judge (again)
Reply With Quote
  #4509  
Old 11-07-2011, 09:47
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
I believe that the best way to learn a foreign language is to truly think in that language. When you have to translate what you want to say in your head, you waste your time and risk making silly mistakes.

For example, when you see a hot woman, say it "out loud" in your head: sh*t,
I want to f* that milf

it doesn't mean youre actually thinking in English, it only means that your mind is full with sheat.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #4510  
Old 11-07-2011, 09:49
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni2911 View Post
My Eng might not be that good but I think u have made a mistake.

I have never seen "is" goes with "to verb" !??

Anyway i agree with u that is better thinking straight away. However, it is quite difficult from the very beginning.
never say never. should forget whatever they teach you in the school and get to the real life.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 04:51.