Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4441  
Old 30-06-2011, 18:12
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 3,552
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Elkin View Post
^
Actually, I think in an equivalent band score, IELTS is more difficult in writing while TOEFL is more difficult in listening, the 2 other tasks are more or less the same.

//Have your TOEFL friends ever taken any IELTS or TOEFL?
I don't know exactly did they take an IELTS or not but one of them got an 8x score for TOEFL test. However, I already asked another guy who had got a 7.0 IELTS band score. After that, I compared both IELTS and TOEFL based on what I've been told and my knowledge also, then I decided to aim for IELTS.

Btw, how about you, Elkin ? Did you get any English certificate or how long have you learned English or studied abroad ?
Reply With Quote
  #4442  
Old 30-06-2011, 19:29
Fearz's Avatar
Chưa đạt target
Join Date: 02-2010
Posts: 3,630
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

what is nhảm nhí in English, except Bull shit ?
__________________
Office: [B]Macbook Air 2015[/B]
Home: [B]i5-8600k|16GB DDR4|1060 6GB|256GB|1TB|XAI RUSE|Qpad CT Oslo Lions|iKBC CD108[/B]
Sound: [B]JBL Charge 3[/B]
Phone: [B]7 32GB|Q20|[/B]
Reply With Quote
  #4443  
Old 30-06-2011, 19:44
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2007
Posts: 2,053
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearz View Post
what is nhảm nhí in English, except Bull shit ?
I think it is "rubbish"
Reply With Quote
  #4444  
Old 30-06-2011, 21:20
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 3,552
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

yeah, rubbish is ok. You can also use "nonsense" for more formal.

Bull shit, crap is slang
Rubbish, garbage is informal
Reply With Quote
  #4445  
Old 01-07-2011, 00:11
AndyMai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 629
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearz View Post
what is nhảm nhí in English, except Bull shit ?
fake and gay
__________________
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]hakuna matata[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #4446  
Old 01-07-2011, 11:41
wall[e]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2009
Posts: 2,276
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

in the bottom of letter, ex:
location, july 3, 2011
name

is it right ?
thanks
__________________
[B][I]Hj[/I][/B]!
[CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]ღஐ๑° I am wall °๑ஐღ[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
[SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]◕ ‿ ◕[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote
  #4447  
Old 01-07-2011, 15:02
wall[e]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2009
Posts: 2,276
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

hope you enjoy it
hope you to enyoy it
hope you enjoying it
hope you enjoyed it

which one is right ?
__________________
[B][I]Hj[/I][/B]!
[CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]ღஐ๑° I am wall °๑ஐღ[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
[SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]◕ ‿ ◕[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote
  #4448  
Old 01-07-2011, 17:44
Alfie Elkin's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 03-2008
Posts: 1,549
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupid® View Post
I don't know exactly did they take an IELTS or not but one of them got an 8x score for TOEFL test. However, I already asked another guy who had got a 7.0 IELTS band score. After that, I compared both IELTS and TOEFL based on what I've been told and my knowledge also, then I decided to aim for IELTS.

Btw, how about you, Elkin ? Did you get any English certificate or how long have you learned English or studied abroad ?
I took both iBT and IELTS.
At first, I took iBT and got 98 but listening was below the minimum requirement (<20). I still don't know why my listening score was so bad. After the test, I thought I did it quite well, at least I was able to take notes all of the information in listening test.

After that, I took IELTS twice and got 7.5 for the first time. Listening was 8.0 but writing only met the minimum requirement.

Listening in TOEFL is definitely more difficult than in IELTS. You can see it clearly through the test formats.
About writing, if you can paraphrase well, I think you will do well in iBT; but in IELTS, if you can't come up with some ideas that make sense in task 2 (which often happens) and organize them reasonably, it'll be a nightmare because the score in task 2 is multiplied by 2 to calculate the writing score.
__________________
[CENTER][B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]No brain, no gain. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #4449  
Old 01-07-2011, 22:06
wall[e]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2009
Posts: 2,276
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall[e] View Post
in the bottom of letter, ex:
location, july 3, 2011
name

is it right ?
thanks
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall[e] View Post
hope you enjoy it
hope you to enyoy it
hope you enjoying it
hope you enjoyed it

which one is right ?
someone helps me....
__________________
[B][I]Hj[/I][/B]!
[CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]ღஐ๑° I am wall °๑ஐღ[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
[SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]◕ ‿ ◕[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote
  #4450  
Old 01-07-2011, 22:29
edelweiss's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 02-2011
Posts: 1,334
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall[e] View Post
and


someone helps me....
I think "hope you enjoy it" is the right answer. Let's google that sentence
__________________
May the Force be with you
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 23:10.