Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3821  
Old 30-03-2011, 09:47
bug_bunny145's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 02-2007
Posts: 180
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'or''=' View Post
^
Who doesn't know?
We're discussing about the stress of the word.
Get it?
i think that "white house" are 2 words so they have stress on the both of them, and about "the white house", you can also use this phrase, not meaning the house that the president works inside, if you talk about a white house and repeat it in another sentence, even though it can make some misunderstandings.
Reply With Quote
  #3822  
Old 31-03-2011, 22:34
tlspace's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 03-2008
Posts: 230
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

my english is very bad .

i want to improve skill writing and speaking english. i begin by shorting short sentence and use google translate to help me .

please help me to check grammar . thanks
Reply With Quote
  #3823  
Old 31-03-2011, 23:38
Junior Member
Join Date: 03-2011
Posts: 2
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop. Where she sits she shines, and where she shines she sits.
Say it really quick and fast as much as you can
Reply With Quote
  #3824  
Old 01-04-2011, 00:06
VietDung2910's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2009
Posts: 575
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlspace View Post
my english is very bad .

i want to improve skill writing and speaking english. i begin by shorting short sentence and use google translate to help me .

please help me to check grammar . thanks
Me too. Can anyone give me some advice about what forum that I can practise my poorly English skill in it, exept this thread?

Thank a lot.
__________________
My English is bad,so, I would appreciate it if someone could let me know my mistake.
Reply With Quote
  #3825  
Old 01-04-2011, 18:46
babyB0Y's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 2,152
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietDung2910 View Post
Me too. Can anyone give me some advice about what forum that I can practise my poorly English skill in it, exept this thread?

Thank a lot.
Firstly, don't be lazy ! You should always check your words before posting ( try to fix as much as you can than asking later ).
Secondly, my advice:
Download an English book or English program, do it everyday. It provides much more comprehensive program to learn English. Somethings like forums, articles, blogs are just bonus. Something you don't know you can post here and one more thing, this thread has a lot of people who can be your inspiration of learning language .

// Off-topic: Anyone in here have studied Japanese ? I really want to learn it, but I don't have time to go out study, just study in my free time at home
Reply With Quote
  #3826  
Old 01-04-2011, 20:46
Alfie Elkin's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 03-2008
Posts: 1,549
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

^
It is said that Japanese is one of the most difficult languages.
I can speak English and Deutsche quite well and if I have free time, I will study Mandarin and Spanish which enable me to talk to 50% of total population all over the world.
__________________
[CENTER][B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]No brain, no gain. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #3827  
Old 01-04-2011, 21:08
anhtu214's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 08-2007
Posts: 1,614
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Haizzz, does anyone here like slang or idiom? Shall we use more slang or idiom in this topic to help our English colorful?
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"]Macbook Pro 13" 2010 - How could I tell you about her?[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"]Iphone 2G cùi bắp :-"[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]Samsung GT-E1175T Brown pin trâu xài lâu lại rất ngầu![/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #3828  
Old 01-04-2011, 21:58
Alfie Elkin's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 03-2008
Posts: 1,549
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

^
That'll be interesting.
In addition, we'll never get a band score of more than 6 in IELTS speaking without using any idioms or collocations.
Do you guys know the idiom "lip service" which is defined in dictionaries as "support shown by words only and not by actions".
I wonder if we could use it to mention untruthful compliments.
__________________
[CENTER][B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]No brain, no gain. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #3829  
Old 02-04-2011, 04:22
Paparazzy's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: 03-2009
Posts: 6
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyB0Y View Post
Anyone in here have studied Japanese ? I really want to learn it, but I don't have time to go out study, just study in my free time at home
I have!!! But a long time ago :(
Watashi wa Shaman desu!!!
__________________
Ta có thể cưỡng lại mọi thứ, trừ sự cám dỗ......
Reply With Quote
  #3830  
Old 02-04-2011, 10:58
Junior Member
Join Date: 02-2010
Posts: 7
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I am calm. Just wanted to let you know that you are using English in a very wrong way, a broken way... even in speaking. Don't think speaking like that is "pro". It won't help you in anything and people will have a very bad impression just by talking to you.
Uhm , u r very wrong . i got lots of friends because my talking ways haha . If u can talk with me u will think different oh u made me excited . i'm so pity to u ^^
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 22:05.