Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3661  
Old 27-02-2011, 11:46
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharitoholo View Post
Hello everybody. My name is Hoang. I `m from Haiphong City. I live in Hanoi. I study at Academy of finance. The university locates in Tuliem, Hanoi. I `m 21 years old. I joined Vozforums in 2010 and I have participated in F17 for 2 months. My English is very bad but I like English.
you have to study the basics first, and you're welcome here
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #3662  
Old 27-02-2011, 18:04
illusion993's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2010
Posts: 424
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharitoholo View Post
Hello everybody. My name is Hoang. I `m come from Haiphong City. Now I stay in Hanoi. I study at Academy of finance. This university is in Tuliem, Hanoi. I `m 21 years old. I joined in Vozforums in 2010 and I have participated in F17 for 2 months. My English is very bad but I like English. Besides I want to have a good job, so in this summer, I `ll stay in Hanoi to study TOEIC. Can you tell me some address?
present continuous
__________________
[COLOR="White"]...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #3663  
Old 27-02-2011, 18:10
plat's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2009
Posts: 1,808
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharitoholo View Post
Hello everybody. My name is Hoang. I `m come from Haiphong City. Now I stay in Hanoi. I study at Academy of finance. This university is in Tuliem, Hanoi. I `m 21 years old. I joined in Vozforums in 2010 and I have participated in F17 for 2 months. My English is very bad but I like English. Besides I want to have a good job, so in this summer, I `ll stay in Hanoi to study TOEIC. Can you tell me some address?
I do come from....
Reply With Quote
  #3664  
Old 27-02-2011, 18:46
illusion993's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2010
Posts: 424
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Should we find a theme to say?..
__________________
[COLOR="White"]...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #3665  
Old 28-02-2011, 10:00
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

like I keep saying, English is not all about grammar. If you try to pinpoint the grammar errors in every sentence you will never become fluent in English. We shall only point out the critical errors which is terribly wrong or may lead to incorrect perception.

Besides it's always better if you can explain more about the errors that you find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharitoholo View Post
Hello everybody. My name is Hoang. I `m come (1) from Haiphong City. Now I stay (2)in Hanoi. I study (3) at Academy of finance. This university is in (4) Tuliem, Hanoi. I `m 21 years old. I joined in (5) Vozforums in 2010 and I have participated in F17 for 2 months (5). My English is very bad but I like English. Besides I want to have a good job, so in this summer(6), I `ll stay in Hanoi to study TOEIC. Can you tell me some address?
(1): You cannot have 2 verbs in a sentence using this form. The correct one should be "I come from..."
(2): To stay is not a correct verb to express what you are trying to say. This is a vocabulary problem.
(3): Present continuous should be use here "I am studying". You should read more about the simple present tense.
(4): Sometime adding one or two more words will help your sentence sound better: "This univ is located in Tuliem"
(5): "Join", not "Join in". In order to understand the differences you should read more about intransitive and ditransitive verbs: http://vn.answers.yahoo.com/question...1025816AAHLLwV
(6): One of the most common mistake of Vietnamese English learner is that we tend to put time clauses before the main clause, which is not recommended.

general error: you should use more conjunctions to connect your sentences
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #3666  
Old 28-02-2011, 10:02
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by plat View Post
I do come from....
stressing is not necessary in this case.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #3667  
Old 28-02-2011, 10:02
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion993 View Post
Should we find a theme to say?..
are you black American?
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #3668  
Old 28-02-2011, 14:25
illusion993's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2010
Posts: 424
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

You are racist, ain't you??

What do you mean?
__________________
[COLOR="White"]...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #3669  
Old 28-02-2011, 15:10
Atomos's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 08-2008
Posts: 70
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
3): Present continuous should be used here: "I am studying."
Quote:
(6): One of the most common mistakes of Vietnamese English learners is that we tend to put time clauses before the main clause, which is not recommended.
Grammar may not be the most important thing in spoken English, but it is certainly an essential part of written English.
Reply With Quote
  #3670  
Old 28-02-2011, 23:36
thannong's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2009
Posts: 1,639
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

help!
Helen's typing,shorthand,and filling skills are simply --- . Điền từ vào chỗ trống: A.amazing B.outrageg C.novel D.encouraging
__________________
[I][B][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Sienna"]Intel® Core™ [/COLOR] i5-9400F Processor @2.90GHz| [COLOR="Sienna"]Corsair Series [/COLOR]VS 450w 80 Plus white| [COLOR="Sienna"]GALAX GeForce®[/COLOR] GTX 1060 oc 6gb | [COLOR="Sienna"]G.SKILL[/COLOR] 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | [COLOR="Sienna"]SSD Samsung[/COLOR] 860 Evo 250GB | 1TB HDD |[COLOR="Sienna"]Samsung [/COLOR] 27" Space Monitor Sr750" |[/SIZE][/B][/I]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 18:33.