Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3391  
Old 08-12-2010, 23:36
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuong4so9 View Post
có 2 câu hỏi nhờ pro nào trả lời giùm em
1/ khác nhau giữa anyone với anybody , someone với somebody. khi nào thì dùng cái nào ?
2/ khác nhau giữa forget + V inf và forget + Gerund
tks
Since all the "pros" are too busy with their life,i will answer your question

Between "anyone" & anybody"/"someone" & "somebody"

After reading your question,i have done a little research,and you know what?You're not the only person with that question

According to what the people in this forum discussed


one of the guys had tried a research,let's look at the rate

Quote:
British English
Someone/somebody - spoken ... 188/424
Someone/somebody - academic ... 87/11
Anyone/anybody - spoken ... 122/257
Anyone/anybody - academic ... 56/6
Everyone/everybody - spoken ... 123/277
Everyone/everybody - academic ... 43/12
No-one/nobody - spoken ... 12/149
No-one/nobody - academic ... 6/13

American English
Someone/somebody - spoken ... 285/272
Someone/somebody - academic ... 79/10
Anyone/anybody - spoken ... 144/183
Anyone/anybody - academic ... 55/8
Everyone/everybody - spoken ... 195/330
Everyone/everybody - academic ... 73/15
No-one/nobody - spoken ... 0/138
No-one/nobody - academic ... 0.5/14
===> academic English is more likely than spoken English to use the -one forms

for the 2nd question,i guess you made a mistake when you say forget +v inf,since this is grammatically wrong

You meant the differences between forget +to inf vs forget +v-ing,right ?

When you use the struture "forget + to-inf",the action happen following the first verb(forget/remember....)
and when you use the struture "forget +v-ing",the action happens before the first verb(forget/remember.....)

For examples,

I forgot to close the door -- the door is still open; I failed to close it

I forgot closing the door -- The door is closed. I closed it, but then I forgot that I did that.
have fun
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #3392  
Old 08-12-2010, 23:55
Cuong4so9's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 02-2010
Posts: 83
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Blue View Post
Since all the "pros" are too busy with their life,i will answer your question

Between "anyone" & anybody"/"someone" & "somebody"

After reading your question,i have done a little research,and you know what?You're not the only person with that question

According to what the people in this forum discussed


one of the guys had tried a research,let's look at the rate

===> academic English is more likely than spoken English to use the -one forms

for the 2nd question,i guess you made a mistake when you say forget +v inf,since this is grammatically wrong

You meant the differences between forget +to inf vs forget +v-ing,right ?

When you use the struture "forget + to-inf",the action happen following the first verb(forget/remember....)
and when you use the struture "forget +v-ing",the action happens before the first verb(forget/remember.....)

For examples,

I forgot to close the door -- the door is still open; I failed to close it

I forgot closing the door -- The door is closed. I closed it, but then I forgot that I did that.
have fun
i got your idea perfectly
your English skill is really vãi hà
tks
Reply With Quote
  #3393  
Old 09-12-2010, 00:02
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuong4so9 View Post
i got your idea perfectly
your English skill is really vãi hà
tks
is that a compliment ?
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #3394  
Old 13-12-2010, 12:44
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Blue View Post
for the 2nd question,i guess you made a mistake when you say forget +v inf,since this is grammatically wrong

You meant the differences between forget +to inf vs forget +v-ing,right ?

When you use the struture "forget + to-inf",the action happen following the first verb(forget/remember....)
and when you use the struture "forget +v-ing",the action happens before the first verb(forget/remember.....)

For examples,

I forgot to close the door -- the door is still open; I failed to close it

I forgot closing the door -- The door is closed. I closed it, but then I forgot that I did that.
have fun
it doesn't seem right to me. For your 2nd example, I would have said "I forgot that I've closed the door".

Quote:
When the most usual meaning of "forget" is intended, the infinitive follows. This is by far the most typical usage.

I hope I don't forget to lock the door.
I forgot to take my wallet this morning.
Don't forget to say "Thank you" when you see her tomorrow.
Sam is always forgetting to take his pills.

The gerund is not as often used. It gives a slightly different meaning to "forget". In this construction, the idea is that there is no hope of doing something, that one may as well abandon the prospect of doing it. In this structure, "can" is usually used with "forget".

Gary is very angry about what happened last night. You can forget asking him to pay back the loan now. Give him a few days to cool down.
It's obvious it's going to rain. I guess we can forget painting the house today.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #3395  
Old 13-12-2010, 20:11
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
it doesn't seem right to me. For your 2nd example, I would have said "I forgot that I've closed the door".
take it easy,bro
it's just an example to compare between forget/remember + Ving and forget/remember +Vto

//btw,i said that i'm not a "pro"
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #3396  
Old 13-12-2010, 20:34
_LightninG_'s Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 06-2010
Posts: 535
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Blue View Post
take it easy,bro
it's just an example to compare between forget/remember + Ving and forget/remember +Vto

//btw,i said that i'm not a "pro"
You're not a pro doesn't mean your fault will be skipped...

(j/k)
__________________
voz f19 = ?
Reply With Quote
  #3397  
Old 14-12-2010, 16:27
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Blue View Post
take it easy,bro
it's just an example to compare between forget/remember + Ving and forget/remember +Vto

//btw,i said that i'm not a "pro"
I forgot closing the door

doesn't mean the door was closed by me and I forgot it. Your explanation was wrong and it may lead to misunderstanding from other people, affecting their English skill and more importantly, you are destroying their future...

"I forgot closing the door" is, to some extent, equivalent to "I gave up closing the door" or "I no longer want to close the door".
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #3398  
Old 14-12-2010, 16:36
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I forgot closing the door

doesn't mean the door was closed by me and I forgot it. Your explanation was wrong and it may lead to misunderstanding from other people, affecting their English skill and more importantly, you are destroying their future...

"I forgot closing the door" is, to some extent, equivalent to "I gave up closing the door" or "I no longer want to close the door".
ok,i will remember that
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #3399  
Old 14-12-2010, 19:52
7UP's Avatar
7UP 7UP is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: 08-2009
Posts: 3,044
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Hi everyone

I have a question, Pls help me.

My CV have 1 question "If you are given a job offer with ABC, when will you be able to join?..." (ABC name Company). Please give me a answer the best?

//Tiếng anh của em rất dở các bác thông cảm em nha
Reply With Quote
  #3400  
Old 14-12-2010, 20:11
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7UP View Post
Hi everyone

I have a question, Pls help me.

My CV have 1 question "If you are given a job offer with ABC, when will you be able to join?..." (ABC name Company). Please give me a answer the best?

//Tiếng anh của em rất dở các bác thông cảm em nha
i can start to work whenever possisble
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 17:15.