![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#3151
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Hi guys, let's get back to the discussion of "to intend" and passive voice. I don't quote any post here because it would be irrelevant.
Firstly we have to make it clear that PASSIVE VOICE means someone has done something to/against you, it does not mean someone had "forced" you to do something. Thus any action that was caused by force shall not be expressed in passive voice. For example, "I was thought to be rich" is equal to "someone thought that I am rich", not "I was forced to think that I am rich". --- *** --- Secondly I do agree that "to intend" can be use in passive voice, for example: Quote:
But not in the following example: Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In conclusion, the passive voice of "to intend" shall not be used on the subject that can "act" for itself. It also means that the original poster was definitely making a mistake when saying "I am intended to ...". Hope this will be cleared. And hope that I am right lolz
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5) |
|
#3152
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Jay, thank you for your clarification. That you used synonyms in those sentences, which talks about someone's marriage, is damn good. Of course, "to be intended" means "to be expected" or "to be planned". Your last example was cool, too.
But we got a problem here - again. You didn't focus on the "bold" or "self" meaning of the subjects when they say "I'm intended to...". Like you pointed out above, "He's expected to do" or "He's planned to do" means someone expects him to do something or plans something for him to do. But we don't know for sure whether or not he has agreed or accepted to do that. So, we need a confirmation, and I'm gonna ask a question like, "Really? Did he nod his head yet?" or "Really? Are you sure he's gonna do what he's expected to do?" So, it would be a sure thing if we said "to be intended".
__________________
[QUOTE=skillmax15;79880557]Ku Vision thì đại loại là nó hiểu biết mọi chuyện. Ko tà tâm, ko toan tính, vì lợi ích không của bản thân. Cũng xứng đáng. :byebye:[/QUOTE] |
|
#3153
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Thanks God for let me love and be loved by her
|
|
#3154
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
i won't thank God for he always put me in those one-sided love relationship :(
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo #0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định #0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh |
|
#3155
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Damn god, he gives me nothing
|
| game_matter |
| View Public Profile |
| Find all posts by game_matter |
|
#3156
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
it's one lucky thing he didn't take anything from you
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo #0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định #0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh |
|
#3157
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Not that lucky, I have nothing for him to take
|
| game_matter |
| View Public Profile |
| Find all posts by game_matter |
|
#3158
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
what's about your life ???
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo #0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định #0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh |
|
#3159
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
Ah yeah, except that
But not so sure, 2012 will come soon |
| game_matter |
| View Public Profile |
| Find all posts by game_matter |
|
#3160
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D
well.........i will survive....but i hope there will be one-ten girl'll survive too,together we will rebuild the Earth
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo #0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định #0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh |
![]() |
|
|