Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9241  
Old 28-07-2012, 17:05
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Don't tell me you're coming to the UK ?
yes, for my master study
__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #9242  
Old 28-07-2012, 17:07
Black Caviar's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 239
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumbantia2012 View Post
I need to find a sharing house in Newcastle
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Don't tell me you're coming to the UK ?
Newcastle in Aus?

/ just missed out a movie night with my crush because i watched it already, should have said I havent
Reply With Quote
  #9243  
Old 28-07-2012, 17:20
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumbantia2012 View Post
yes, for my master study
A tip for start: trying to get used with hearing words such as "rain", "shower", "wet", "snow", "fog", or any worse weather condition you could imagine, every 10 seconds in a weather forecast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Caviar View Post
/ just missed out a movie night with my crush because i watched it already, should have said I havent
You could have said: "Yes, I've watched it before I'm willing to watch it again just for you". Bang !
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9244  
Old 28-07-2012, 17:33
Black Caviar's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 239
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
A tip for start: trying to get used with hearing words such as "rain", "shower", "wet", "snow", "fog", or any worse weather condition you could imagine, every 10 seconds in a weather forecast.

You could have said: "Yes, I've watched it before I'm willing to watch it again just for you". Bang !

well i would have said the same but the thing is, she is going with her friend, and i bet she even asked the guy that i went to the movie with before asking me (FYI, we went to see the premiere of TDKR last week)
Reply With Quote
  #9245  
Old 28-07-2012, 19:02
beautifu.l.ife's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 39
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

i'm really regret about the time i had been wasted during the years of university.
As a result, i'm facing the consequence of this fool time.
Try hard.
Fighting.
__________________
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]Life is as if rowing a boat against the water flow, if you don't[/SIZE] [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"][B]advance[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR], [SIZE="2"]you will lag[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"][I]behind[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9246  
Old 28-07-2012, 19:21
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Caviar View Post
well i would have said the same but the thing is, she is going with her friend, and i bet she even asked the guy that i went to the movie with before asking me (FYI, we went to see the premiere of TDKR last week)
Seems like you've been friendzoned .
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9247  
Old 28-07-2012, 21:31
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Caviar View Post
Newcastle in Aus?

/ just missed out a movie night with my crush because i watched it already, should have said I havent
in England mate
__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #9248  
Old 28-07-2012, 22:50
tien_thegioidocuvn's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 4
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmkt View Post
oh business english here
BE sucks
why on earth did you choose this major?
btw, i dont understand what is business english indeed?
business english involves many subjects like marketing, english for business managemet, banking and finance, english for communication, lexicology blah blez @@
i still havent learned a subject named BE yet @@
i hate my major :(
wanna be a teacher
but it's too late
bít chết liền à )
mình là người việt nam nên rất giỏi nói tiếng việt )
__________________
[B][COLOR="Red"]SĐT đặt hàng: 01666 885 111 ( Call and sms)
- Web: haisan37.mov.mn
- Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HẢI-SẢN-NGON/558042177580163?fref=ts[/COLOR][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #9249  
Old 28-07-2012, 23:07
Member
Join Date: 07-2012
Posts: 95
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

hi everybody
I'm new mem ^^! I learn EG so bad :(
Get around forum, I feel like this thread
Mong all help me so much
__________________
[COLOR="Green"]PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME A LIE!!![/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9250  
Old 29-07-2012, 01:08
anhtu214's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 08-2007
Posts: 1,614
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

New Topic: MONEY or XP?


I just write some down, please read and add some comments if you'd love to

Quote:
Have you ever thought that money needs to be adequate to your effort you spend on working something, or even higher? If so, you may want to read what I'm about to write below. It would partly change your way of thinking about profit.

A year ago, it was the time when I was a forth-year student, still very innocent and lacked experience of professional working. Beforehand, I had never got any part-time job, as it's really a weak point for every student at my age; but a very surprised offer given by my teacher came up to me: Organizing a volunteer training class. Of course, I accepted that as one of my assignments but I could not imagine how lucky I was right after saying "yes" to her and I earned many things from that.

First, the job was about helping some professionals from Malaysia plan and implement a training class for some volunteers who would be selected from students in my university in order to prepare for a cancer preventing project. Chatting with foreigners was not a big deal with me but discussing something in professional with them, beat me!. I had never thought about that till then. There is a fact that in hard situation, people seems to be more intelligent, actually, more hard working. Thanks to that, I was motivated to force myself to spending hours on listening and watching professional conversations which might help me look more professional working with the partners from Malaysia, which had rarely happened since I was born. Ironically, most of what I really gained was not from those formal videos. It is listening to conversation between my teacher and the professionals which help me really learn about how to make serious conversation. Not only did I improve my English skill but I also grew up in aspect of professional working, especially negotiation. There must be no soft skill class can teach me as such this real situation. My English skill also improved thanks to some minor works such as translating documents, interpretating and so forth. Obviously, through this event, I had a protential chance to push my English to a higher level. In fact, I took that successfully.

Then came the problem that I had to take out some proper students in my university because there was only limit number of participants allowed in the class whereas so many students had registered to participate. An interview sounded good for solving this problem. In some point of view, that was really a good course to become an interviewer. However, never had I made an interview. Fortunately, I accidentally had a predecessor helped me out. He seemed to be quite experienced on this aspect. In fact, I learnt a lot from him. He taught me how to judge people and know who is the approriate one, just through their looks, and giving some suitable questions to them. With him, making question was very important and like an art. Interestingly, I gained a wonderful idea from him that is "The best thing you have may not be what I need", which meant an interviewee need to satisfy what the interviewer need, not just showing off the best he has. It would be essential for me in the future when I look for jobs after graduation. I didn't think that I would gain such a good experience in this event. So surprised!

The third I got was apparently changed my style. It was not about my fashion or my look, it was about my attitude when standing in front of people. Due to some breakdown, I was pushed into an unexpected situation in which, I played as a role of MC during the time of the class. Honestly, I was not good at giving speech, especially to many people in such a formal event like this. However, I was encouraged so much by my friends and my teacher. I also bravely, I can say, try to make something different with hoping there would not be any embarrassment. I spent much time on reading book, surfing internet, asking people about giving speech. I really did everything possible to prevent the worst thing might happen. Funnily, those things that I planned to prevent did not happen, but I couldn't expect there were other embarrassing scenes, such as forgeting what to say next, lacking information of professionals or even their names... All of them drove me stressed and feel under pressure. However, in reverse, I acquired lots of experience for myself. I knew that I need to prepare much more, take note everything possible during the time and be always flexible to unexpected situations during the programme and so on... Afterward, though I was not successful in this role of MC, I still truely found more confident and even wanted to make some more, which I had never thought about beforehand. It was not only a change in my style but it was also a bright sign in my career. I really appreciated what I had gained up.

Anyway, according to my teachers and some professionals, the class was organized successfully. Although I know that was only encouragement, I have been still proud of that. Surprisingly, the benefit I earned from the event was not money (In fact, there was no "money" in my word) but it was about those precious lessons of professional working. Now, the last lesson is that money is not the best benefit.
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"]Macbook Pro 13" 2010 - How could I tell you about her?[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"]Iphone 2G cùi bắp :-"[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]Samsung GT-E1175T Brown pin trâu xài lâu lại rất ngầu![/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 15:31.