Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #871  
Old 14-01-2009, 22:53
heroloc89's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2007
Posts: 301
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueaK
is very useful to / for
every vozer
was told or knew
idioms and slangs

// I love to check other grammar mistakes in oder to avoid myself taking the same mistakes. Sorry to whom feels annoying about this.
No problem . Thanks for check my mistake
//knew is a V2 but that sentence is the passive voice I used "known"
Reply With Quote
  #872  
Old 14-01-2009, 23:05
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

I'm using Singlish. ppl says it's a pain in the ass but IMO it would be ok la, as long as ppl can understand what i'm trying to say.

Quote:
// I love to check other grammar mistakes in oder to avoid myself taking the same mistakes. Sorry to whom feels annoying about this.
...avoid myself FROM taking...

the word 'mistakes' shouldn't be used twice in the same sentence. You may try 'to avoid myself from having the same problem' or 'to avoid myself from making the same things'. People makes mistake, they don't take it :-).
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #873  
Old 14-01-2009, 23:09
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroloc89
No problem . Thanks for check my mistake
//knew is a V2 but that sentence is the passive voice I used "known"
you cannot use passive in that case. even the meaning was not appropriate.

[I was known] = people knew you as something/some body. for example, I was known as the founder of Microsoft
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #874  
Old 14-01-2009, 23:16
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmoon89
yup, u are righ
kind of hard when i've changed from fr to eng and now english pronunciation still piss me off :">
pronouncing an English word is not that difficult if you imagine how people speak Chinese. We are also using Latin letters for Vietnamese anyway.

If you think speaking is more difficult than writing, think a gain. When you have to sit in a room for a 3-hours essay writing exam you will feel the pain in the ass .
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #875  
Old 14-01-2009, 23:24
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlon26
thanks tengtengvn for your advice i think you're right it 's alway important to start with grammar even people complain about the fact that in VN english teaching in school is grammar and nothing else. Personally I did'nt learn english in school , but french until I enter university so i should to work my basic grammar first

about arab people yeah it's not a joke i'm sure they love sex
personally I think your English is ok, better than most of the participants in this thread... it's not easy to be able to write long and multi-phrase sentences like yours lol.

I do agree about arab people, they love sex with camel
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #876  
Old 14-01-2009, 23:34
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlon26
how do you guys learn english seriously ? My english is bad but I really need to improve it for my work :/
I learn english through movies, books and games. hard to believe but I'm serious. never attended a night class or English club in my whole life. Don't waste your money lah.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #877  
Old 14-01-2009, 23:48
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroloc89
No problem . Thanks for check my mistake
//knew is a V2 but that sentence is the passive voice I used "known"
'thanks for' or 'for' should be followed by a noun.

native speakers don't think about grammar when they speak. You can memorize the vocabulary, but you must FEEL the grammar. Forget all the V2, V3, passive voice, blah blah... whatever you have in mind, just spit it out and improve base on that. Spending 1 hour everyday to talk to yourself in front of a big mirror also helps. People who takes so much time correcting grammars bit by bit will never actually seen any improvement.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #878  
Old 15-01-2009, 03:30
athlon26's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 3,935
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
personally I think your English is ok, better than most of the participants in this thread... it's not easy to be able to write long and multi-phrase sentences like yours lol.

I do agree about arab people, they love sex with camel
thanks but it take me almost 10 minutes to write this post

yes especially camel toe
Reply With Quote
  #879  
Old 15-01-2009, 11:02
Paladin.'s Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2008
Posts: 4,449
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlon26
thanks but it take me almost 10 minutes to write this post

yes especially camel toe
Camel toe and camel don't have any relation at all pal
Camel is an animal when camel toe is a "highly complicated entertaining instrument" (quote of fRzzy)
Dun misunderstand.
@SqueaK + ngocnd84: you guys don't seem having any humor sense at all
__________________
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][COLOR=Black](Arthas to Sylvanas) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]After all you've put me through, woman, the last thing I'll give you is the peace of death.[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #880  
Old 15-01-2009, 11:42
gthn's Avatar
Principal
Join Date: 06-2007
Posts: 14,015
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin.
Camel toe and camel don't have any relation at all pal
Camel is an animal when camel toe is a "highly complicated entertaining instrument" (quote of fRzzy)
Dun misunderstand.
@SqueaK + ngocnd84: you guys don't seem having any humor sense at all

No sir. It's a part of "highly complicated entertaining instrument"
__________________
[CENTER][COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]HLbank[/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 14:02.