Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #821  
Old 09-01-2009, 16:32
chiphu's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 7,792
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengtengvn
Is it employee of the month thing? I'm sure you are deserve it. Congrats!
Gotcha
/you deserved it.
__________________
[QUOTE=skillmax15;79880557]Ku Vision thì đại loại là nó hiểu biết mọi chuyện. Ko tà tâm, ko toan tính, vì lợi ích không của bản thân. Cũng xứng đáng. :byebye:[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #822  
Old 09-01-2009, 16:56
tengtengvn's Avatar
is a Senior Mack
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 8,749
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

My buddy and I were arguing over this last week. "You deserve" or "you are deserve". I asked my English teacher, he said both are correct. "you are deserve" is kinda making emphatic affirmative statement compare to "you deserve".
__________________
[RIGHT][B]Ruining forums since 2001.[/B][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote
  #823  
Old 09-01-2009, 18:01
Mr.Possible's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 10-2006
Posts: 653
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengtengvn
My buddy and I were arguing over this last week. "You deserve" or "you are deserve". I asked my English teacher, he said both are correct. "you are deserve" is kinda making emphatic affirmative statement compare to "you deserve".
Yep, dat right, it similar with the case you say "I do love you" etc.. . Anyway, correct me if i'm wrong, i think normally using in spoken language.
__________________
-AXP-2200+/NF7-S/OCZ-DualchanelPlatinum/CoolerMasterDual Storm@default...^_^
-Dell-640m/Compaq-M2000serial
-40D/501.8/24702.8[COLOR="Red"]USM[/COLOR]/17502.8XRDiII ^_^/753004[COLOR="red"]USM[/COLOR]/[COLOR="White"]70-200Lf2.8IS[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Silver"]A woman wants one man to satisfy her every need. A man wants
every woman to satisfy his one need.[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #824  
Old 09-01-2009, 18:52
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 08-2008
Posts: 604
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengtengvn
My buddy and I were arguing over this last week. "You deserve" or "you are deserve". I asked my English teacher, he said both are correct. "you are deserve" is kinda making emphatic affirmative statement compare to "you deserve".
This is new to me, thank you ^^
But one question, I dont see "deserve" as an adj in my dictionary. Should it be "you are deserved" instead?
Reply With Quote
  #825  
Old 09-01-2009, 22:43
Nayumi's Avatar
Homer J. Simpsons Wannabe
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 2,634
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengtengvn
My buddy and I were arguing over this last week. "You deserve" or "you are deserve". I asked my English teacher, he said both are correct. "you are deserve" is kinda making emphatic affirmative statement compare to "you deserve".
Shouldn't it be like You do/did deserve it?
__________________
[SIZE="1"][U][B]Stupidity at its finest:[/B][/U][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][B][COLOR="Teal"]Scully: Homer, we're going to ask you a few simple yes or no questions. Do you understand?[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Homer: Yes. (lie detector blows up)[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote
  #826  
Old 10-01-2009, 00:12
tengtengvn's Avatar
is a Senior Mack
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 8,749
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

If he lost it to someone, then I would you "do". But he already got it, so I think "are" is more appropriate. Maybe it's just me.
__________________
[RIGHT][B]Ruining forums since 2001.[/B][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote
  #827  
Old 10-01-2009, 00:18
tengtengvn's Avatar
is a Senior Mack
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 8,749
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueaK
This is new to me, thank you ^^
But one question, I dont see "deserve" as an adj in my dictionary. Should it be "you are deserved" instead?
"you are deserved" are passive, it shouldn't be "deserved" though 'cus the guy could "deserve" it himself.
Deserve is an intransitive verb which means it has no object.
__________________
[RIGHT][B]Ruining forums since 2001.[/B][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote
  #828  
Old 10-01-2009, 01:43
Member
Join Date: 11-2008
Posts: 81
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

vozForums deserves one of the best forum in VN.
Reply With Quote
  #829  
Old 10-01-2009, 01:49
tengtengvn's Avatar
is a Senior Mack
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 8,749
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sang.ca
vozForums deserves one of the best forum in VN.
vozForums deserves to be one of the best forums in VN.
__________________
[RIGHT][B]Ruining forums since 2001.[/B][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote
  #830  
Old 10-01-2009, 02:02
jmnguyenbs's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2006
Posts: 624
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengtengvn
vozForums deserves to be one of the best forums in VN.
why do you use "forums"
__________________
too old now :))
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 17:11.