Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #7131  
Old 31-03-2012, 22:48
philu28's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 154
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

My guess ...

1. Em không mất công đến đây ì xèo kéo anh ra khỏi chỗ này chỉ để chúng ta nói lời chia tay một cách nhanh chóng đến thế

Btw, u should put these sentences in specific context to deduce their meanings ...
Reply With Quote
  #7132  
Old 31-03-2012, 23:29
babyB0Y's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 2,152
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDefender View Post
I think British accent is much easier to pronounce than American. Unfortunately, most of us were taught American in school. Do you think so? Do you think that, for the beginner, APPLE is easier to pronounce and remember than "EPPLE"? EPPLE sounds weired to me now

"My two cents" equal to "my opinion"
The best option is learning both British and American accent. When some one tell you : "Your pronunciation is wrong" and you will answer like a pro : " Don't you know English/American accent ?"

j/k

Have nice weekend all,
Reply With Quote
  #7133  
Old 01-04-2012, 01:05
hoangthai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2006
Posts: 340
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Blue View Post
lots of stuff happens

now i'm getting more serious in life,but still remain a clueless young man in this world
men behind the bars still looking forward =).
__________________
E3 1231V3 - B85M E45 - HD5870 1Gb - 8GB - 128Gb Plextor + 500Gb SS - Seasonic JS750w - AsusDVDRW - CoolerMaster RC690 III Advanced
Reply With Quote
  #7134  
Old 01-04-2012, 01:48
hoangthai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2006
Posts: 340
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDefender View Post
I think British accent is much easier to pronounce than American. Unfortunately, most of us were taught American in school. Do you think so? Do you think that, for the beginner, APPLE is easier to pronounce and remember than "EPPLE"? EPPLE sounds weired to me now

"My two cents" equal to "my opinion"
You know what, when you watching the "Harry Porter series", most the actors speak British English, and i can't enjoy that much, i can hardly hear the lyric. The accent and also the style is by far different. British accent is more difficult than American accent. American accent is more distinct and musical. If you see alot of movies you will recognize the british style and american style, not the voice but the way they form a sentence. Funny that in some movies, "sherlock holmes" for example, they use american accent but words form is british =).
__________________
E3 1231V3 - B85M E45 - HD5870 1Gb - 8GB - 128Gb Plextor + 500Gb SS - Seasonic JS750w - AsusDVDRW - CoolerMaster RC690 III Advanced
Reply With Quote
  #7135  
Old 01-04-2012, 02:55
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangthai View Post
men behind the bars still looking forward =).
lol,that's not funny at all i'm not behing any bars,k'
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #7136  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:04
iDefender's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2011
Posts: 496
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangthai View Post
You know what, when you watching the "Harry Porter series", most the actors speak British English, and i can't enjoy that much, i can hardly hear the lyric. The accent and also the style is by far different. British accent is more difficult than American accent. American accent is more distinct and musical. If you see alot of movies you will recognize the british style and american style, not the voice but the way they form a sentence. Funny that in some movies, "sherlock holmes" for example, they use american accent but words form is british =).
Haven't watched even singel episode of Harry Porter yet To be honest, my listening skill is quite bad I hardly find a movie which I can really enjoy without subtitle. I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes, unfortunately, he is the only one who I coud not hear properly He talks like shooting words out of a mini gun ( Sherlock BBC)

I'm sure that you're better than me in listening You recognize American accent with British words. I just thought that it's pure British accent All I can recognize is the way Sherlock and Watson speak is little bit different from some of the other. The Cab Driver in Episode 1, Seaon 1, for example. It's pure British, innit?
__________________
[I][CENTER]I am Defender [/CENTER][/I]
Reply With Quote
  #7137  
Old 01-04-2012, 10:01
dementor12's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: 11-2008
Posts: 4
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

To me, I think it's very hard to try to speak like either an American or a Britain unless you spend at least 10 years living in one of those regions. But in my opinion, American English accent is the easier one to pronounce since it's required less work of your tounge. On the other hand, British accent always sound heavy, that's because in order to pronounce a word, Britain people always narrow their throats and stress their tounges which is more work to do.
__________________
EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON...
Reply With Quote
  #7138  
Old 01-04-2012, 11:15
K.I.A
Join Date: 03-2012
Posts: 39
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Speaking English is easy. The Vietnam intelligent, learn quickly, Century 21. English was weak, he should learn Korean or Japanese to develop. Many speak English very well but did not succeed in his career, and those who learn Chinese is better than them. I want to talk about the importance of Chinese language in this era. Make saving money to learn the new trends and prepare for it. English is useless
Reply With Quote
  #7139  
Old 01-04-2012, 17:17
iDefender's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2011
Posts: 496
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkim505 View Post
Speaking English is easy. The Vietnam intelligent, learn quickly, Century 21. English was weak, he should learn Korean or Japanese to develop. Many speak English very well but did not succeed in his career, and those who learn Chinese is better than them. I want to talk about the importance of Chinese language in this era. Make saving money to learn the new trends and prepare for it. English is useless
Dafuq I just read
__________________
[I][CENTER]I am Defender [/CENTER][/I]
Reply With Quote
  #7140  
Old 01-04-2012, 19:54
Chilln's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 2,197
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangthai View Post
You know what, when you watching the "Harry Porter series", most the actors speak British English, and i can't enjoy that much, i can hardly hear the lyric. The accent and also the style is by far different. British accent is more difficult than American accent. American accent is more distinct and musical. If you see alot of movies you will recognize the british style and american style, not the voice but the way they form a sentence. Funny that in some movies, "sherlock holmes" for example, they use american accent but words form is british =).
You realize it quite well! But I don't agree with your red line.


Quote:
Originally Posted by namkim505 View Post
Speaking English is easy. The Vietnam intelligent, learn quickly, Century 21. English was weak, he should learn Korean or Japanese to develop. Many speak English very well but did not succeed in his career, and those who learn Chinese is better than them. I want to talk about the importance of Chinese language in this era. Make saving money to learn the new trends and prepare for it. English is useless
Chinese was and will never be a trend, my boy. Any country in the world that learn Chinese just because they want to discover China and yes, to spy.
//Btw, English is useless, then you shouldn't learn it any longer!
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 03:25.