Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4891  
Old 10-08-2011, 20:33
kurapika312's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 03-2009
Posts: 269
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
guys, you should take this as a test. This can be your IELTS essay test, who knows... Don't ask any further question and try to write a complete essay.
To some extent, I agree with you. The topic itself doesn't really matter. Do it or not, either choice is good.

Ok,I will give it a try. Personally, the topic is quite complicated. It depends on the situation but I believe that the second one is better. Why?
1. Our country has enough problems with the imbalance in demographic trends : boys are outnumbering girls. Therefore, instead of indiscriminately keeping 10 beasts, which do consume our food for nothing, alive, it would be better to go for an innocent man.
2. To let criminals live is not a wise choice biologically. Criminality IS genetic, if I am not mistaken When we have abundance to choose, why do we need corrupted ones? Doing so is equal to put the next generations in danger

Of course, everything in this world is relative. There are men who are wrongly accused. I am not brave enough to take risk,however; therefore I am willing to blindly eradicate them all. For a fresh world. ( Do I sound like Kira of "Death Note"?)
Reply With Quote
  #4892  
Old 10-08-2011, 21:46
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

^ very good writing, however you shall make it an essay by properly connecting the paragraphs instead of numerbing them like what you did.

Also, your first statement is not so clear. Did you mean that we shall lock all of them up to balance the ratio between male & female or did you mean that we shall release the 10 guilty men and only penalize the innocent one?

Furthermore, I 'd like to ask where is your sympathy toward the men?
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #4893  
Old 10-08-2011, 22:31
Junior Member
Join Date: 06-2008
Posts: 18
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

hey guys ! pls show me how to use the words "either" and "neither", they'd better be used by examples, i aint able to determine exactly the usage of 2 words. thanks you guys a lot
Reply With Quote
  #4894  
Old 10-08-2011, 23:16
kurapika312's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 03-2009
Posts: 269
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
^ very good writing, however you shall make it an essay by properly connecting the paragraphs instead of numerbing them like what you did.

Also, your first statement is not so clear. Did you mean that we shall lock all of them up to balance the ratio between male & female or did you mean that we shall release the 10 guilty men and only penalize the innocent one?

Furthermore, I 'd like to ask where is your sympathy toward the men?
Sorry for it confusing you a bit sir . By keeping them alive is useless I mean they should be got rid of in this life. For goods Hey, was I just off the topic?
Reply With Quote
  #4895  
Old 10-08-2011, 23:29
mr_gem's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 02-2009
Posts: 3,118
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurapika312 View Post
To some extent, I agree with you. The topic itself doesn't really matter. Do it or not, either choice is good.

Ok,I will give it a try. Personally, the topic is quite complicated. It depends on the situation but I believe that the second one is better. Why?
1. Our country has enough problems with the imbalance in demographic trends : boys are outnumbering girls. Therefore, instead of indiscriminately keeping 10 beasts, which do consume our food for nothing, alive, it would be better to go for an innocent man.
2. To let criminals live is not a wise choice biologically. Criminality IS genetic, if I am not mistaken When we have abundance to choose, why do we need corrupted ones? Doing so is equal to put the next generations in danger

Of course, everything in this world is relative. There are men who are wrongly accused. I am not brave enough to take risk,however; therefore I am willing to blindly eradicate them all. For a fresh world. ( Do I sound like Kira of "Death Note"?)
Seriously, criminality is genetic ?
__________________
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][B]3470[/B][/COLOR] [B]|[/B] [B][COLOR="Green"]1060[/COLOR][/B] [B]|[/B] [B]Z3+[/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][COLOR="Sienna"]G610 Orion Brown[/COLOR][/B] [B]|[/B] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][B]G420 Hyperion Fury[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[B][RIGHT]Steam/Origin ID: [COLOR="Red"]g3milan[/COLOR][/RIGHT][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #4896  
Old 10-08-2011, 23:43
kurapika312's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 03-2009
Posts: 269
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_gem View Post
Seriously, criminality is genetic ?
Sorry for that assertment, I just reverted to the results of several articles I had come through before. To be more exact, there are genes that provide the behavioral tendency, including "brutality" or some sort. They add up, but how decisive these genetic factors are in this issue is still cloudy
Reply With Quote
  #4897  
Old 11-08-2011, 00:06
mr_gem's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 02-2009
Posts: 3,118
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurapika312 View Post
Sorry for that assertment, I just reverted to the results of several articles I had come through before. To be more exact, there are genes that provide the behavioral tendency, including "brutality" or some sort. They add up, but how decisive these genetic factors are in this issue is still cloudy
So it stays still unclear right, coz to me calling an innocent child "criminal" or something related to that seems to be so cruel
__________________
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][B]3470[/B][/COLOR] [B]|[/B] [B][COLOR="Green"]1060[/COLOR][/B] [B]|[/B] [B]Z3+[/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][COLOR="Sienna"]G610 Orion Brown[/COLOR][/B] [B]|[/B] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][B]G420 Hyperion Fury[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[B][RIGHT]Steam/Origin ID: [COLOR="Red"]g3milan[/COLOR][/RIGHT][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #4898  
Old 11-08-2011, 11:58
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Okey, next topic: Use 3 words to describe yourself and explain each of them.

I hope this topic will be more obvious and straight forward.
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #4899  
Old 11-08-2011, 12:37
Tsunami Nori's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 1,710
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

ugly, idiot and lazy it's all about me
__________________
[COLOR=SeaGreen]████[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]████[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]████[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]████[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]████[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]████[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]████[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]████[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen]████[/COLOR][COLOR=SeaGreen][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #4900  
Old 11-08-2011, 14:20
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami Nori View Post
ugly, idiot and lazy it's all about me
explain
essay
150 words
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 21:30.