Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3341  
Old 28-11-2010, 18:14
wall[e]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2009
Posts: 2,276
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

I go to school on Monday, but it's in the afternoon
__________________
[B][I]Hj[/I][/B]!
[CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]ღஐ๑° I am wall °๑ஐღ[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
[SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]◕ ‿ ◕[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote
  #3342  
Old 28-11-2010, 18:18
wall[e]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2009
Posts: 2,276
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

By the way, could you tell me how to improve my listening skill, I'm bad at listening. I'm practising by listening music with lyric and watching film with subtitles, anything else to improve it..... " with" is it right in that sentences. Thanks
__________________
[B][I]Hj[/I][/B]!
[CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]ღஐ๑° I am wall °๑ஐღ[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
[SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]◕ ‿ ◕[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote
  #3343  
Old 28-11-2010, 18:20
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall[e] View Post
By the way, could you tell me how to improve my listening skill, I'm bad at listening. I'm practising by listening music with lyric and watching film with subtitles, anything else to improve it..... " with" is it right in that sentences. Thanks
a normal person could do well with the listening job
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
  #3344  
Old 28-11-2010, 18:39
_LightninG_'s Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 06-2010
Posts: 535
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall[e] View Post
By the way, could you tell me how to improve my listening skill, I'm bad at listening. I'm practising by listening music with lyric and watching film with subtitles, anything else to improve it..... " with" is it right in that sentences. Thanks
You should practising without those text. If you feel difficult, start with some cartoon and movie for kid, like Phineas and Ferb
__________________
voz f19 = ?
Reply With Quote
  #3345  
Old 28-11-2010, 20:37
10face's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 06-2008
Posts: 869
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall[e] View Post
By the way, could you tell me how to improve my listening skill, I'm bad at listening. I'm practising by listening music with lyric and watching film with subtitles, anything else to improve it..... " with" is it right in that sentences. Thanks
Sometimes just guess with the very few words you've heard to know the meaning of the whole sentence.It's ok if you can't hear every single word but it's a problem if you don't get the meaning of the whole sentence.When you watch a movie,just turn off the subtitle and don't focus too much on listening,just hearing the film and try to exact the meaning of the sentence.
__________________
Vợ cũ:9750,J&W 780G,Acbel I470,SG 500GB+Western 160G
Vợ mới T400 P8600,HD 3470,9cell
Vợ tương lai:1 cái dây đai màu vàng
Reply With Quote
  #3346  
Old 28-11-2010, 21:10
krizalid's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: 05-2008
Posts: 15
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

hi, everybody
I have 2 questions about the fractions.
1. How can we pronounce fractions like "1000 / 543" in English?
2. What is the difference between "1000 / 543" and "1500 / 43" in pronunciation? (one thousand five hundred forty thirds)
Reply With Quote
  #3347  
Old 28-11-2010, 21:13
d3adc3II's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 6,363
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall[e] View Post
No No, if you don't believe, you can look for Business Vocabulary in Use: Elementary. Page 16, unit 5
Baby, in order to say "7/50", it's safer to say " seven over fifty instead of "seven fiftieth", even though both are grammatically correct.

Because :

seven fiftieth is 7/50
seven fifty is 750
seven over fifty is also 7/50

So people will misunderstand you if you pronounce seven fiftieth , because fiftieth and fifty sounds so similar, espencially for non-native English users like us


Quote:
Originally Posted by krizalid View Post
hi, everybody
I have 2 questions about the fractions.
1. How can we pronounce fractions like "1000 / 543" in English?
2. What is the difference between "1000 / 543" and "1500 / 43" in pronunciation? (one thousand five hundred forty thirds)
2 ways to pronounce:

1000/543 = thousand over 543 , put over in between.
or
thousand 543th

But i recommend to use the first method, it's much easier. So I use first method to pronounce these :

1000/543 :
-thousand over five forty three
-thousand over five hundred and forty three ( it's not common to pronounce like this )
1500/43 :
-fifteen hundred over forty three
-thousand five hundred over forty three
__________________
i7 9700k@5.1Ghz | Z390 Aorus Master | 16 GBs VengeanceRGB | Aorus 1080Ti | 970Evo 1TB | Kraken X62 | Lianli PC-01DX | EVGA 750W G3
Gear: Vortex Race 3 | GPro Wireless | Glorious Model O- | G900 | Audio: Presonius Eris 3.5
Vaper Telegram group: https://t.me/VozVaperz
Reply With Quote
  #3348  
Old 28-11-2010, 21:14
wall[e]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 04-2009
Posts: 2,276
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

thanks for all
__________________
[B][I]Hj[/I][/B]!
[CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]ღஐ๑° I am wall °๑ஐღ[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
[SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]◕ ‿ ◕[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote
  #3349  
Old 28-11-2010, 21:21
'or''=''s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

I'm searching for Vietnamese subtitles of Friends series season 5.
No glimmer of hope.
__________________
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #3350  
Old 28-11-2010, 21:23
Wise Blue's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2010
Posts: 11,500
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'or''=' View Post
I'm searching for Vietnamese subtitles of Friends series season 5.
No glimmer of hope.
give me the english sub,i will translate them for ya
__________________
#0932157445 lừa đảo
#0932157445 Huỳnh Tấn Phú Bình Định
#0932157445 Huynh Tan Phu Binh Dinh
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 20:50.