Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1021  
Old 05-02-2009, 20:57
K.I.A
Join Date: 08-2007
Posts: 1,428
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtraisieunhan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofcc
Any one please explain for me what is sentence's mean:"The boy is an ordinary high school boy that commutes to an ordinary public high school."
I understand all words in this sentence but i can't understand the mean><
...the meaning is everything is normal...
Ya, this sentence is one in a subtitle, and have other sentence:"my ordinary classmates that commute to my ordinary public high school".
You can explain for me one more time
Reply With Quote
  #1022  
Old 05-02-2009, 23:01
Radiohead's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2008
Posts: 702
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

what's wrong with VoZ? I can't turn to page 103
__________________
Lappy: Toshiba L840
Phone: súng 1 Iphone 5s, súng 2 Galaxy S3 I9300
Muzik Fiio x3 + Grado sR80 + soundmagic pl50
Reply With Quote
  #1023  
Old 05-02-2009, 23:13
cobain's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 09-2008
Posts: 2,946
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead
what's wrong with VoZ? I can't turn to page 103
what's wrong with you? You are in page 103
__________________
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Vostro 3k: Core i5 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia 310M, 320HDD[/COLOR]. [COLOR="Red"]Thinkpad T420S SSD 128GB, 8GB RAM[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Nas: 1TB WD[/COLOR]. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Desk: 3GB RAM, Phenom x3 2.1GHz, 320 SG HDD, 1TB HIT HDD. HP x23LED[/COLOR].
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Sansa CLip Plus + Grado S80i / Klipsch X10[/COLOR]. [COLOR="Red"]4S, S2, OpenMoko[/COLOR]...
Reply With Quote
  #1024  
Old 06-02-2009, 05:42
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobain
I didn't answer a question
sorry, I missed the word 'NOT' ^^

www.lineage2.com, that's where I pratice my English
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #1025  
Old 06-02-2009, 19:01
Radiohead's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2008
Posts: 702
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
what's wrong with you? You are in page 103
I mean before I posted that post, I couldn't turn page 103, but when I tried replying, it worked! ... maybe sometimes, you might face that bug. =.="
__________________
Lappy: Toshiba L840
Phone: súng 1 Iphone 5s, súng 2 Galaxy S3 I9300
Muzik Fiio x3 + Grado sR80 + soundmagic pl50
Reply With Quote
  #1026  
Old 09-02-2009, 23:09
dennis40's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 02-2007
Posts: 2,655
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
In 1910, he broke with his friend and anointed successor William Howard Taft, but lost the Republican nomination to Taft and ran in the 1912 election on his own one-time Bull Moose ticke
Any one translate this sentence into Vietnamese for me plz
Theodore Roosevelt
__________________
[center][i]Tin tức, review về sản phẩm và công nghệ phần cứng
luôn được cập nhật tại[/i] [b]vozExpress (express.voz.vn)[/b][/ve][b][/b][/center]
Reply With Quote
  #1027  
Old 10-02-2009, 10:57
vietht's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 02-2007
Posts: 3,007
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

-Can we always use "specifically" as a replacement for " Particularly" ?
-And why do we call " Accounts receivable" and not " receivable accounts" I think "receivable" is an adjective should stand before "accounts" which is an noun. Is that right?
Reply With Quote
  #1028  
Old 10-02-2009, 13:58
tengtengvn's Avatar
is a Senior Mack
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 8,749
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietht
-Can we always use "specifically" as a replacement for " Particularly" ?
Nope. No. Nada. They are not the same.
specifically: đặt biệt.
particularly: riêng biệt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietht
-And why do we call " Accounts receivable" and not " receivable accounts" I think "receivable" is an adjective should stand before "accounts" which is an noun. Is that right?
Accounts receivable/bills receivable/bills payable.
In this case, account is inherently noun. I'm not sure how to explain it but it's kinda passive form of noun so it stands before receivable.
__________________
[RIGHT][B]Ruining forums since 2001.[/B][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote
  #1029  
Old 10-02-2009, 14:12
tengtengvn's Avatar
is a Senior Mack
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 8,749
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis40
Any one translate this sentence into Vietnamese for me plz
Theodore Roosevelt
Broke in this case means tuyệt giao.
"Anoint" in Christian is a blessing ritual like "lễ rửa tội". I'm not a religious person. Just ask any Christians, they will explain furthermore.
__________________
[RIGHT][B]Ruining forums since 2001.[/B][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote
  #1030  
Old 11-02-2009, 19:28
K.I.A
Join Date: 08-2007
Posts: 1,428
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

I wonder about truly mean of this sentence: "swim through a boiling pool of tar".
I think it have other mean, not only "bơi qua một cái hồ bơi đầy hắc ín"(Vietnamese).
Anyone can explain for me? Thank
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 11:08.