Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1011  
Old 05-02-2009, 05:07
tengtengvn's Avatar
is a Senior Mack
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 8,749
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead
"cong đít"
you mean "work your ass off"?
__________________
[RIGHT][B]Ruining forums since 2001.[/B][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote
  #1012  
Old 05-02-2009, 05:24
cobain's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 09-2008
Posts: 2,946
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengtengvn
you mean "work your ass off"?
Curved ass
__________________
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Vostro 3k: Core i5 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia 310M, 320HDD[/COLOR]. [COLOR="Red"]Thinkpad T420S SSD 128GB, 8GB RAM[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Nas: 1TB WD[/COLOR]. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Desk: 3GB RAM, Phenom x3 2.1GHz, 320 SG HDD, 1TB HIT HDD. HP x23LED[/COLOR].
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Sansa CLip Plus + Grado S80i / Klipsch X10[/COLOR]. [COLOR="Red"]4S, S2, OpenMoko[/COLOR]...
Reply With Quote
  #1013  
Old 05-02-2009, 11:49
lucifer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 08-2007
Posts: 567
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
choose between "there's no problem" or "that's not a problem". Besides, I don't know whether it's right or wrong but I do feel "a few mistakes" is more precisely than "some mistakes".
in my opinion.. using "some" or "few" in that circumstance are both acceptable
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #1014  
Old 05-02-2009, 13:09
Radiohead's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2008
Posts: 702
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
you mean "work your ass off"?
Is it right?I dont know how to translate this word into English ... thank you.
Quote:
Curved ass
verry funny.=)
__________________
Lappy: Toshiba L840
Phone: súng 1 Iphone 5s, súng 2 Galaxy S3 I9300
Muzik Fiio x3 + Grado sR80 + soundmagic pl50
Reply With Quote
  #1015  
Old 05-02-2009, 14:59
Paladin.'s Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2008
Posts: 4,449
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietht
Ur English is so good. I remembered that u said u've learnt E from games, movies, books and never got through any official classes. But I also knew that Practice is very important in learning English. So how did u do that, to training ur skills?
he stays at home and talks to himself all day and night
@jay: 4give me
__________________
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][COLOR=Black](Arthas to Sylvanas) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]After all you've put me through, woman, the last thing I'll give you is the peace of death.[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #1016  
Old 05-02-2009, 15:27
qhungcad's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 02-2007
Posts: 147
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead
"cong đít"
"Cong đít" isn't a standard Vietnamese phrase, it is a kind of slang word. When you want to translate into English, you must know what it mean clearly in a specific situation . For example: "Chúng chạy cong đít" translates as "They run very fast" . I can't understand the mean of "cong đít" when it stands alone . perhaps, it is wrote to describe a shape of nates .
You posted :"now I have to "cong đít" do my homework" translates as "now I have to work hard night and day in order to finish my homework" . Am I right ???
Reply With Quote
  #1017  
Old 05-02-2009, 16:32
K.I.A
Join Date: 08-2007
Posts: 1,428
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Any one please explain for me what is sentence's mean:"The boy is an ordinary high school boy that commutes to an ordinary public high school."
I understand all words in this sentence but i can't understand the mean><
Reply With Quote
  #1018  
Old 05-02-2009, 16:49
emtraisieunhan's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 5,065
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

...the meaning is everything is normal...
__________________
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]Trò chơi nhập vai thực tế - 5D Escape Room[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Navy"][B]www.weescape.vn[/B][/COLOR]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]fb/weescapevn[/COLOR]- [COLOR="DarkGreen"]https://plus.google.com/+WeescapeVn[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote
  #1019  
Old 05-02-2009, 19:20
athlon26's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 3,935
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

do you know some good English dictionaries on PC with pronunciation ? I have LVmtd but i want to try anothers
Reply With Quote
  #1020  
Old 05-02-2009, 20:14
qhungcad's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 02-2007
Posts: 147
Re: Learning English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlon26
do you know some good English dictionaries on PC with pronunciation ? I have LVmtd but i want to try anothers
You can find them in this thread: http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?t=106125
I'm using Longman Dictionary Sofware, it's very good
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 12:31.