Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8661  
Old 28-06-2012, 15:59
Choxin1ve's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 05-2012
Posts: 252
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilln View Post
^
Yes, it is, or use "evaluation" instead of "assessment" based on that position's description.
Merci bcp
__________________
[COLOR="Blue"]Fap fap fap fap fap _______[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #8662  
Old 28-06-2012, 16:07
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Since 2001
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 11,602
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Weird, I'd never known this before. I tried googling but couldn't find a clear answer for myself. Could you cite any source? Cheers.
would you say "I'm hating you now" or "I hate you now"?
have you ever seen "ok I will do it now"?
__________________
PlayStation Network: nestorvie (for GTA 5)
Reply With Quote
  #8663  
Old 28-06-2012, 16:46
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
would you say "I'm hating you now" or "I hate you now"?
have you ever seen "ok I will do it now"?
You're right. Listening and reading without noticing these grammatical points make me a big fat ignorant fool. I guess I shoud have typed "I'm supporting Italy right now". That way the use of present continuous would have been justified.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #8664  
Old 28-06-2012, 17:07
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Italy versus German, who will win
__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #8665  
Old 28-06-2012, 17:49
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2008
Posts: 3,695
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumbantia2012 View Post
Italy versus German, who will win
German will beat Italy for sure

/What does the abbreviation "ain't" stand for?
nvm I've just gg it.
But why are sentences like this: "There ain't no....." ?
I was teached that in 1 single sentence there are no more than 1 negative phrase (or word or something like that), and the above sentence have 2: "not" and "no". @@
__________________
[/RIGHT][RIGHT]I want to finish it but I don't want to finish it.[/RIGHT]

[QUOTE]...so don't be thinking 'that time was fun', because you should be thinking 'that time was ALSO fun'...[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #8666  
Old 28-06-2012, 18:39
xudzu09's Avatar
Member
Join Date: 04-2012
Posts: 75
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviath View Post
German will beat Italy for sure

/What does the abbreviation "ain't" stand for?
nvm I've just gg it.
But why are sentences like this: "There ain't no....." ?
I was teached that in 1 single sentence there are no more than 1 negative phrase (or word or something like that), and the above sentence have 2: "not" and "no". @@
U had searched it maybe u know that "ain't" is contract of "am not, are not, is not, do not, does not, did not, have not, has not":">:">:">.
and the sentence u gave i suppose that it is " double negative " sentence
negative + negative = positive
for instance: i ain't unhappy = i'm happy
__________________
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"][CENTER][B].............Mỗi ngày tôi TRọn một niềm vui...........[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #8667  
Old 28-06-2012, 19:38
Daviath.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 02-2010
Posts: 1,426
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xudzu09 View Post
U had searched it maybe u know that "ain't" is contract of "am not, are not, is not, do not, does not, did not, have not, has not":">:">:">.
and the sentence u gave i suppose that it is " double negative " sentence
negative + negative = positive
for instance: i ain't unhappy = i'm happy
I've found this
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/There...s_a_free_lunch
and I think your formula 2 negative = possitive is wrong in this case
Reply With Quote
  #8668  
Old 28-06-2012, 19:54
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2009
Posts: 542
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviath. View Post
I've found this
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/There...s_a_free_lunch
and I think your formula 2 negative = possitive is wrong in this case
This
English aint nothing like our Vietnamese in this case
Reply With Quote
  #8669  
Old 28-06-2012, 20:22
Trác Đông Lai's Avatar
| Giang hồ hiểm ác |
Join Date: 12-2006
Posts: 5,721
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Grammar nazis are coming to town. Brace yourselves, guys. I'm now.


/Btw, I just got into the door back from work when it started raining. I feel really lucky. Really. All the time.
Reply With Quote
  #8670  
Old 28-06-2012, 20:24
trumbantia2012's Avatar
Đã tốn tiền
Join Date: 04-2011
Posts: 3,170
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

gonna = go to

wanna = want to

__________________
[QUOTE=vtalinh;47796579]Nói thật lòng thì admin quên pass vào Admin CP rồi, có 1 đồng chí biết thì đi du học chưa về, nên chả chỉnh được cái gì đâu =))[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 09:02.