Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 24-11-2006, 15:06
vtalinh's Avatar
(◕‿◕✿)
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 10,670
Ask.Me@vozforums.com

in this thread, you must type english only I know my English is not well so I want to learn more, I hope you will help me

Today I want to ask a question: what's diference between two words: "meetingroom" and "boardroom"

With Vietnam Companies, I saw: meeetingroom
Foreign Companies, I saw: boardroom

In these rooms, everybody "ăn nhậu" only

who can translate "ăn nhậu" into Enghlish for me
__________________
[B][url="http://forums.voz.vn/redirect/to/?link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroups%2Fvozanchoidulich"] [COLOR="Red"]vOz - Ăn, chơi, du lịch[/COLOR][/URL] | [url="http://forums.voz.vn/redirect/to/?link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroups%2Fvoz.vn"][COLOR="blue"][B]Group Facebook vOz[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-11-2006, 15:07
canhcut's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 241
Re: Ask.Me@vozforums.com

eatting and drinking
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-11-2006, 15:10
chiphu's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 7,792
Attention, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtalinh
in this thread, you MUST type english only
...that means any foreign languages (like Vietnamese, French, Chinese, etc.) are NOT allowed to present here!

...such words as "ăn nhậu" MUST be typed in between "..."!

vtalinh rules (and ROCKs)!
__________________
[QUOTE=skillmax15;79880557]Ku Vision thì đại loại là nó hiểu biết mọi chuyện. Ko tà tâm, ko toan tính, vì lợi ích không của bản thân. Cũng xứng đáng. :byebye:[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-11-2006, 15:12
Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 47
Re: Ask.Me@vozforums.com

i've never ever seen a room for meeting name "boardroom" in my office (an international school and organization)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24-11-2006, 15:12
vtalinh's Avatar
(◕‿◕✿)
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 10,670
Re: Ask.Me@vozforums.com

to chiphu: Am Wrong? change "must" to "have to", rite?
__________________
[B][url="http://forums.voz.vn/redirect/to/?link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroups%2Fvozanchoidulich"] [COLOR="Red"]vOz - Ăn, chơi, du lịch[/COLOR][/URL] | [url="http://forums.voz.vn/redirect/to/?link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroups%2Fvoz.vn"][COLOR="blue"][B]Group Facebook vOz[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24-11-2006, 15:19
chiphu's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 7,792
Re: Ask.Me@vozforums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtalinh
to chiphu: Am Wrong? change "must" to "have to", rite?
Yo man, vtalinh rules (and ROCKs)! No need to ask me what ur doin' wrong or right
__________________
[QUOTE=skillmax15;79880557]Ku Vision thì đại loại là nó hiểu biết mọi chuyện. Ko tà tâm, ko toan tính, vì lợi ích không của bản thân. Cũng xứng đáng. :byebye:[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24-11-2006, 15:20
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 119
Re: Ask.Me@vozforums.com

ac..in English,both must and have to express necessity and they have same meaning. In my opinion, should is a better choice in this case
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24-11-2006, 15:21
vtalinh's Avatar
(◕‿◕✿)
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 10,670
Re: Ask.Me@vozforums.com

I don't know what's it mean in english
__________________
[B][url="http://forums.voz.vn/redirect/to/?link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroups%2Fvozanchoidulich"] [COLOR="Red"]vOz - Ăn, chơi, du lịch[/COLOR][/URL] | [url="http://forums.voz.vn/redirect/to/?link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroups%2Fvoz.vn"][COLOR="blue"][B]Group Facebook vOz[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/B]
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24-11-2006, 15:22
chiphu's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 11-2006
Posts: 7,792
Re: Ask.Me@vozforums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhóc
i've never ever seen a room for meeting name "boardroom" in my office (an international school and organization)
I guess and I'm sure that boardroom, in this case, is to be prepared for the board of managers only. And so, meeting-room is a room for all people!
__________________
[QUOTE=skillmax15;79880557]Ku Vision thì đại loại là nó hiểu biết mọi chuyện. Ko tà tâm, ko toan tính, vì lợi ích không của bản thân. Cũng xứng đáng. :byebye:[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24-11-2006, 15:23
nhmols's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 07-2006
Posts: 4,708
Re: Ask.Me@vozforums.com

first of all, "ăn nhậu" is "to party" and remember, it's a verb, not a noun. therefore, in vtalinh's situation, it's gonna be translated as "in these rooms, people are always partying.

as far as I have googled the difference between the two terms, a meeting room is somehow bigger, more crowded but less luxurious and less professional than a boardroom. look at the pics below:


meeting room:


boardroom:


besides, I found no more diffences between those rooms and wish no more.
__________________
[COLOR="Red"][B]Yahoo: NHMOLS[/B][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 17:12.