Read-only archive. Login and posting are unavailable.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8921  
Old 14-07-2012, 12:44
hoangthai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2006
Posts: 340
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Maybe you're right. I didn't mean any sarcasm there. Something like "academic" or "didactic" might have been more suitable .
i hate something religious. Are you superstitious, just wonder?
__________________
E3 1231V3 - B85M E45 - HD5870 1Gb - 8GB - 128Gb Plextor + 500Gb SS - Seasonic JS750w - AsusDVDRW - CoolerMaster RC690 III Advanced
Reply With Quote
  #8922  
Old 14-07-2012, 12:54
beautifu.l.ife's Avatar
K.I.A
Join Date: 06-2012
Posts: 39
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangthai View Post
someone who eats "Sấu bao tử" may transform to "cá Sấu" immediately
true story
__________________
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]Life is as if rowing a boat against the water flow, if you don't[/SIZE] [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"][B]advance[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR], [SIZE="2"]you will lag[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"][I]behind[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #8923  
Old 14-07-2012, 12:55
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangthai View Post
i hate something religious. Are you superstitious, just wonder?
I wouldn't declare myself religious. However, as my nickname suggests, I'm inclined a bit to Buddhism.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #8924  
Old 14-07-2012, 13:05
hoangthai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2006
Posts: 340
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
I wouldn't declare myself religious. However, as my nickname suggests, I'm inclined a bit to Buddhism.
someone set their nickname for a reason, but me don't like it, not one bit.
__________________
E3 1231V3 - B85M E45 - HD5870 1Gb - 8GB - 128Gb Plextor + 500Gb SS - Seasonic JS750w - AsusDVDRW - CoolerMaster RC690 III Advanced
Reply With Quote
  #8925  
Old 14-07-2012, 13:09
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2011
Posts: 215
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

^What is wrong with being religious anyway? I'm an atheist and I have nothing against other religions.
Reply With Quote
  #8926  
Old 14-07-2012, 13:16
tranhieuamg's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 01-2009
Posts: 2,914
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Maybe you're right. I didn't mean any sarcasm there. Something like "academic" or "didactic" might have been more suitable .
lol no, i wasnt trying to look high and mighty back there. just found it fun talkin about grammar stuff and all. =)
__________________
wandering beyond the realm of reality
Reply With Quote
  #8927  
Old 14-07-2012, 13:22
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangthai View Post
someone set their nickname for a reason, but me don't like it, not one bit.
Not many people are true atheists and unable to stomach superstitious things. For instance, do you take part in familial gatherings to pay your respects and place sticks of incense and offerings to your ancestors in their death anniversaries?

I once read an interview wherein a write in his ripe old age spoke like this "if you're at my age and you don't believe in religion, you don't know fuck!". I think that "religion" here do not necessarily limit to religious beliefs and methodologies, it could mean that once you get on with your life and age, you realise that there are certain things being out of our human grasp.
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #8928  
Old 14-07-2012, 13:43
hoangthai's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 09-2006
Posts: 340
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuddha View Post
Not many people are true atheists and unable to stomach superstitious things. For instance, do you take part in familial gatherings to pay your respects and place sticks of incense and offerings to your ancestors in their death anniversaries?

I once read an interview wherein a write in his ripe old age spoke like this "if you're at my age and you don't believe in religion, you don't know fuck!". I think that "religion" here do not necessarily limit to religious beliefs and methodologies, it could mean that once you get on with your life and age, you realise that there are certain things being out of our human grasp.
You went so hardly on this one. I do take part in familial gatherings, i do place sticks, i do it for myself. But i don't want some religious things around all the time, like set a nick name about it, just some kind of stoned off my mind.
__________________
E3 1231V3 - B85M E45 - HD5870 1Gb - 8GB - 128Gb Plextor + 500Gb SS - Seasonic JS750w - AsusDVDRW - CoolerMaster RC690 III Advanced
Reply With Quote
  #8929  
Old 14-07-2012, 13:49
Chilln's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 12-2011
Posts: 2,197
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDFogjXdIVc

can't help laughing out loud =)))
__________________
It's been so long the Sun hasn't risen, the Birds see no sunshine
It's been a while Autumn hasn't come, only Winter with my hands are numbed.
Reply With Quote
  #8930  
Old 14-07-2012, 14:14
blackbuddha's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: 10-2007
Posts: 2,958
Re: Practicing English with vOzers :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangthai View Post
You went so hardly on this one. I do take part in familial gatherings, i do place sticks, i do it for myself. But i don't want some religious things around all the time, like set a nick name about it, just some kind of stoned off my mind.
You stroke first then blamed me on being too hard ! Calm down mate !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilln View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDFogjXdIVc

can't help laughing out loud =)))
Thanks for the good laugh !
__________________
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][B]05/03/2013 - Welcome to adulthood.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Don't look at me! Void has filled me up and it will eat you up...[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 18:21.